Thread: Taumarunui

Bike
    Rattlecan blue

Taumarunui

Now that Tokoroa is done and dusted I guess I should start pushing Taumarunui.

7 8 Jan.

Completely different bucket of fish from Toke, the track isn't as spectacular but is still a lot trickier than google earth would lead you believe, the sweeper for one is fast (pinned in fifth) and not easy to get right. The setting on the other hand is spectacular, it's like a DOC campground with a race track, complete with a swimming hole about 150m back up the river.
    All the usual ammenities (for a NI round) are provided, i.e somewhere to put your tent, loos a barbecue, fridges and a stove this time.

The address is Body road Manunui About 2km down the highway across to Turangi.

Usual fees apply $40 entry, $40 day licence, $10 transponder hire and $10 if you need to buy a clip.

Practice Saturday, qual Sunday and then three races, shorter track so probably 10 20 30 laps for A grade and 10 15 20 for B although we may change our minds on the day.
    Please be more than normally patient with the lap scorers this time since it will probably be me and I'll be making it up as I go along.

You are welcome to turn up Friday and folks have stayed over until Monday before now.
    Please take your rubbish home same as usual.

We've had a play on the motard section before now but if you want to do that let me know ahead of time and make sure you have bucket level track protection.
    Stock is best

Bike
    Rattlecan blue
    Been on the phone with the powers that be in Taumarunui.

We are all go and Friday camping is sweet, usual scenario if you beat me there call me on 021 145 3090 and I'll tell you how to get the keys.

One thing that was made clear is that if you have a dog at the track it must be on a lead at all times. Last year the Farmer had a fit because dogs were running loose and since it's effectively his land with an easement for the track if we piss him off it will become a big problem very quickly.

Weather is looking promising as much as it can be predicted this far out so hope to see you there for another weekend of hard racing.
    Stock is best

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by Henk View Post
    Been on the phone with the powers that be in Taumarunui.

We are all go and Friday camping is sweet, usual scenario if you beat me there call me on 021 145 3090 and I'll tell you how to get the keys.

One thing that was made clear is that if you have a dog at the track it must be on a lead at all times. Last year the Farmer had a fit because dogs were running loose and since it's effectively his land with an easement for the track if we piss him off it will become a big problem very quickly.

Weather is looking promising as much as it can be predicted this far out so hope to see you there for another weekend of hard racing.
    What sort of idiot takes a dog to a motorsport event then lets it run loose?

Bike
    Rattlecan blue
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    What sort of idiot takes a dog to a motorsport event then lets it run loose?
    An idiot who realises that the racing is over for the day, the bikes are all parked and the beers have been opened. We camp at these things so are at the track for a lot more time than engines are running.
    Stock is best

Bike
    Rattlecan blue
    This weekend folks, be there or don't
    Stock is best

Bike
    Rattlecan blue
    Taumaunui results are up on mylaps.
    we don't run a series points for B grade but I tried to post them anyway, this was a fail I'm affraid.
    you can find the results here
    https://speedhive.mylaps.com/en/Events/1357107
    Stock is best

Bike
    GPR150
    nice.................
    i'm over buckets

Thread Information