Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Wsbk 2017

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    This is a WSBK video clip which is not inspiringly informative, but you may have to log in or sign up to view it. It is free though. The interviewer is Harry Lloyd, Gazza's mate, and he is allegedly interviewing "Steve Jenker". Obviously I can't be absolutely sure but I think that is Steve Jenkner who used to ride 125 GPs back in the early oughts. Ohlins tech is the sort of job former GP riders can find themselves doing.

http://www.worldsbk.com/en/videos/20...t%20Suspension
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    77 XL250
    Interesting (though not very informative) clip, but what moron thought adding a 'thump thump' sound track would make it better....
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight underpants.

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Well the break is over mid season,we have WSB from Germany this weekend.

Sykes has been off but is fastest in Fp2 ,but hey thats not uncommon at this stage.

BSB too I think ?

Go Johnny Rea !!!!!

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    This morning I note there is a discussion on Twitter about how to make SBK more interesting. One person wanted to change tyre brands, but other suggestions included slowing down the Kawasaki and Ducati, or giving the riders personalities a bigger profile. Obviously Kawasaki have more bucks to throw at it because they aren't spending big in MotoGP.

It's a pity people arent finding it sufficiently exciting because the top three riders all deserve to be there. If Honda pulled finger it'd make a difference. I did read once that one of the Jap factories, can't remember if it was Yamaha or Honda, basically contributes nothing to the effort from Japan. The entire programme is run from Europe.

Ah well it is what it is - and at least it is bikes...
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    This morning I note there is a discussion on Twitter about how to make SBK more interesting. One person wanted to change tyre brands, but other suggestions included slowing down the Kawasaki and Ducati, or giving the riders personalities a bigger profile. Obviously Kawasaki have more bucks to throw at it because they aren't spending big in MotoGP.

It's a pity people arent finding it sufficiently exciting because the top three riders all deserve to be there. If Honda pulled finger it'd make a difference. I did read once that one of the Jap factories, can't remember if it was Yamaha or Honda, basically contributes nothing to the effort from Japan. The entire programme is run from Europe.

Ah well it is what it is - and at least it is bikes...
    i think it is Honda.Its far too late but Go Chaz

Bike
    77 XL250
    I found race one so interesting I gave up a third of the way through. I hope it is just me rather than the racing. I did try to guess the size of the crowd but couldn't find one.

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadpole View Post
    I found race one so interesting I gave up a third of the way through. I hope it is just me rather than the racing. I did try to guess the size of the crowd but couldn't find one.
    Thought I was losing it too, Dadpole, was flipping over to All Blacks V Wannabies of all things !
    I was looking for crowd as well.
    I went back to the racing as the tyres faded for the Green machines.

But hey, Manu was there !!!!!!!

Bike
    It was on the good
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    This morning I note there is a discussion on Twitter about how to make SBK more interesting. One person wanted to change tyre brands, but other suggestions included slowing down the Kawasaki and Ducati, or giving the riders personalities a bigger profile...
    Look at them on the grid. Not quite Foggy and Falapa is it? Perhaps it does need more work in the personality department.

Edit- And the post race interviews were shithouse if raising the profile were a consideration.

Bike
    Smokers and a tractor
    Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post
    Look at them on the grid. Not quite Foggy and Falapa is it? Perhaps it does need more work in the personality department.
    I agree it's all a bit Brit dominated and they're about as exciting to watch as a round of golf.
    The series needs to get more different nationalities racing,the last time I actively followed it was when Slighty and Crafar were involved.
    Maybe something along the lines of the A1 car series that had diff teams from each nation would be a good start...Dorna has the cash to fund it.

Who the fuck can be bothered with the sad exercise it's become these days.

Bike
    moped
    BSB is far more interesting than WSB, it the same old same old.................

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    I would rather have ,no Handicapping and taking it back to both races on the same day.
    It just drags the shit out. Bet it hasn't worked for Dorna either ?
    But hey,someone has to win the races, so if Davies or Rea are the best there is, so be it.

Bike
    77 XL250
    The 600 and 300 races have been the interesting bits of SBK for a while now. On a positive note; I gather that was the last time they will use Lausitz. It has all the atmosphere and charm of a long-abandoned car park.

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    WorldSBK is going to have to look at going the same route as BSB/MotoGP etc. Control ECUs. Both series have improved immensely since they started running control ECUs.
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    gsxr1000
    I agree If wsbk just adopted the same rules as bsb surely the bikes are not going to be the main factor in winning for a few years bsb gave some of the uncompetitive brands more engine modification to keep the field tighter

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    i think it is Honda.
    Yeah I just saw somebody commenting. No works machinery, Fred Merkel was riding for a team run from Italy (Rumi?). The Castrol bikes were run by an English team and Toseland's bikes were Ten Kate from Holland.

Thread Information