Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Wsbk 2017

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Apparently Laverty went well at the previous test but struck problems at PI.

I note that the WSBK live timing app is currently available free for iOS and Android. Live timing, live lapping, interviews and live laps etc.
    I was thinking he'll go well on the Aprillia,just tossin a bait out there mate.
    His style is very 250 gp ish ? Thought they'd be a good match ?

Tomorrow it is then,after an early morning fang that is !!!!

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Well I hope nobody was bored. Could be even more interesting tomorrow with Torres, Van der Mark, and Laverty on the front row?

I thought Harry Lloyd done good for a debut performance as WSBK commentator.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    GSX-R 750
    Oh ffs.... egg

Bike
    77 XL250
    Harry Lloyd did well, though he sounds like he is commentating on a gay Mardi Gras. Did anyone else wonder about his comment about a kiss from Johnny Rea?

All good on the racing front though. A good portend for the season?
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight underpants.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Shit what a SSP race!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Haven't read anything about it yet but I see the new grid positions for race two of a round didn't seem to alter the end result.
    Still think its a dumb idea tho,more risk for the front runners that needn't be ?
    A french mate said to watch Mahias (spelling?) in SS and he wasn't wrong , really aggressive and second only just to Rolfo (how old is Rolfo haha?)
    Little Johnny Rea pretty much back in control tho lol.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    (how old is Rolfo haha?)
    Seems like he's been around forever. He'll be 37 on the 23rd of next month.

I was pleased Ant West did well, he probably deserves a good ride, but then again his misfortunes are basically of his own making.

The Supersport guys can play among themselves until Sufuoglu comes back.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    09 GSX1400.

I was pleased Ant West did well, he probably deserves a good ride, but then again his misfortunes are basically of his own making.

Thought Cluzel was a shoe in but no, Jacobson the yank had a tough day on the MV.
    West seems to pop up at the Aussie races or when it pisses down. Always struggled to find rides. He comes across as not the sharpest knife in the draw, maybe the reason ?

geez 37,pritch, nearly as old as Valentino.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    West seems to pop up at the Aussie races or when it pisses down. Always struggled to find rides. He comes across as not the sharpest knife in the draw, maybe the reason ?
    A few years back he had a ride with a good Yamaha team in Supersport. He was stringing a few wins together and looking a chance at the title. Then he got the offer of a ride in MotoGP, so he bought himself out of the Yamaha contract.

I have some sympathy for the guy 'cause he has been doing it tough riding with no pay at times, but like I said, he brought it on himself to an extent.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    A few years back he had a ride with a good Yamaha team in Supersport. He was stringing a few wins together and looking a chance at the title. Then he got the offer of a ride in MotoGP, so he bought himself out of the Yamaha contract.

I have some sympathy for the guy 'cause he has been doing it tough riding with no pay at times, but like I said, he brought it on himself to an extent.
    Anyone else hear the "Aussie aussie aussie, oi oi oi" cheer they did? So dumb lol. Good on him placing well despite some crappy machinery, shows that there is still some tracks that a rider can do really well at over the best in the world, look at Stoners record there for example.

I get the feeling West is more a rider than the complete package that is required to win at the top level, perhaps he can't communicate well with the engineers etc to set a bike up well. Would explain his sporadic performances despite appearing to have great talent on the bike. Haven't followed him from day dot to be fair though so perhaps you old timers might know more, like:

Why did he get the Motogp offer? Was it because Dorna like to have an Aussie star and he was the best option at the time?
    Did he actually work at a maccas to fund his racing? If so that's awesome

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Haven't followed him from day dot to be fair though so perhaps you old timers might know more, like:
    Nah me memories going. Can remember though that at one stage he got helmet sponsorship from some company I'd never heard of then when it rained, and he could be expected to shine, the helmet fogged badly.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthon...orcycle_racer)

Bike
    72 Kawasaki A7, 05 Kawasaki W650
    I admit race 2 was a great watch, but the reverse grid remains a colossally retarded idea.

Bike
    77 XL250
    It has been a long wait for WSBK to return - and it was worth it. WSS was frantic and will only get better... Nice to see an long shot like West have a moment in the sun. Watch that young Ryde though. He is fast.

The main class looks like we may be in for a great season (as long as they keep Rea contained) - Go Marko
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight underpants.

Bike
    09 GSX1400.

Further to me talking about the french guy Mahias,I got another E mail from My French contact who has worked for ELF for years. He was saying Mahias lives not 40 Kms from him and was a late starter in Racing. Always struggling for money and rides but a real talent. Jacques is always pushing his cause and thinks a lot of him.
    I'll be watching him with interest.(nice to see a Yamaha up there too)

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Gayner View Post
    I admit race 2 was a great watch, but the reverse grid remains a colossally retarded idea.
    "Reverse grid" is a bit of an exaggeration, it's only two rows that change.

Sort of like the POW Commandant, "Today we will have a change of underwear, hut A will change with hut B..."

Thread Information