Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Wsbk 2017

Bike
    a Blue one
    Watched both races.... well sort of, watched the starts and then the first couple of laps until Davis hit the front then fast forwarded to the last two laps.

WSBK has lost a lot of its appeal to me, two brands fighting it out well for the first couple of laps anyway then its just a procession. The interviews post race are sterile and pointless can almost predict what Sykes is going to say.

Love watching BSB and MotGP

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Must admit it's been a long time since I waited up for any road racing, I'll watch for a bit then copy the stuff.
    It enables you to fast forward at least.
    I don't even follow the practice /Quals that closely either like I used to.
    These are the best the World has to offer too,not our local stuff which I've avoided for years.
    (has MNZ sorted last years mickey mouse sbk series yet, who cares ??)

Bugger it , summer is coming, we can get out and ride ourselves,get some mojo back.

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    1995 Ducati 916 SP
    Hmmm, I thought race 2 was pretty good really. The opening laps are definitely more exciting with the top riders in row 3, Davies fought long and hard to get to the front and his style gives the impression he's always a hair away from disaster, the duel with Rea was good ......... what was wrong with the race ??
    As for the interviews, Rea is always a pleasure to listen to and so is Davies. Sykes comes over as a twat but so what.
    Bagging the local racing is just sad. The fact that Rees and Sloan are embroiled in dispute simply indicates how close it was. Perhaps mistakes were made in the officiating, that happens at all levels, move on.
    There are a lot of young men and ladies who dedicate their lives to racing here and it's pretty tacky when the older (assumption) and disgruntled feel it's necessary to demean it.
    FWIW, you want boring ? ..... go road riding.

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    I'm not a Sykes fan so agree with just that part. The rest nah !
    Handicap racing at this level is a joke,imagine risking your neck for "the show"?

As for local stuff,anyone can do it and lots of us have.
    All you have to do is enter,nothing special at all in that, its just a sport.

I like my motor racing at a certain level,best in the world stuff, that's all.

Bike
    77 XL250
    Roll on the 300 and 600 classes. The main race(s) may be worth a quick gander too...
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight underpants.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    Sykes out for the weekend after a get off.
    That was a more than averagely spectacular get off. Instant red flag, but a bonfire in the middle of the track will do that.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    That was a more than averagely spectacular get off. Instant red flag, but a bonfire in the middle of the track will do that.

Sykes doesn't do that very often.Well, not that big anyway ? did he break a pinky ?

The Spanish Elvis did good on the BMW, I like that guy. (and Camier on the MV)......

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    did he break a pinky ?
    A dislocated fracture of a finger anyway.

Update: Two fingers and a wrist it turns out. When I heard he was going to Barcelona I wondered if he was off to see Dr Mir but no, details as follow:

http://www.crash.net/wsbk/news/88269...gers-and-wrist
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    A dislocated fracture of a finger anyway.

Update: Two fingers and a wrist it turns out. When I heard he was going to Barcelona I wondered if he was off to see Dr Mir but no, details as follow:

http://www.crash.net/wsbk/news/88269...gers-and-wrist
    seems confident of being at the nxt round tho huh ?

Bike
    77 XL250
    And my predictive powers never cease to amaze. The 300 race was a cracker - with a surprise winner too. The main event(s) had some good battles further down the field. Somebody please drown the commentary team. They seemed to be monitoring the race over a phone and kept repeating what the other had just said.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    I was really pleased to see Ana Carasco win. She has been around for years but some of her teams were short of cash. Now she has had a win, she may be able to do it again.

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadpole View Post
    And my predictive powers never cease to amaze. The 300 race was a cracker - with a surprise winner too. The main event(s) had some good battles further down the field. Somebody please drown the commentary team. They seemed to be monitoring the race over a phone and kept repeating what the other had just said.
    yeah mate I enjoyed 300's, SSP, Stk1000s too. Rea romped away in WSB, but it was still ok.
    You know I agree with the commentary comments. Just a break between constant babble would be an improvement for me.

Bike
    77 XL250
    On Youtube one can get the occasional WSBK race with just basic sound. It is for the non-english feed and it is good to just listen to the engines. However, after a few minutes you may realise what an important part a good commentary has in watching a race.

BT Sport MotoGP is a funny commentary team. They argue, expound theories and go off at a tangent (mainy during FPs) but enhance a race no end.

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadpole View Post
    On Youtube one can get the occasional WSBK race with just basic sound. It is for the non-english feed and it is good to just listen to the engines. However, after a few minutes you may realise what an important part a good commentary has in watching a race.

BT Sport MotoGP is a funny commentary team. They argue, expound theories and go off at a tangent (mainy during FPs) but enhance a race no end.
    When I lived in Aussie (Adel) mid 80s I used to enjoy Bazza Sheene doin commentary. Great for 125s he was right into them, as well.

Bike
    77 XL250
    Bloody 'ell. I lived in Adelaide (on and off) until about '83.

Too right about Sheen though. He could almost put you on board inside the riders mind.

Thread Information