Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Boxing Day 2016 Wanganui competitors

Bike
    W650 sidecar & HD Fat Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by nadroj View Post
    Sloan Frost's 15 off in the S's all over again. The marshall's need to listen to spectators to locate riders buried under the air fence / bales!

Was the 2nd time I had screamed my guts out them that day, at least they started looking one into and one out of the esses after that. not sure what the marshalls, if any down by the over bridge were watching.

Bike
    less than I used to have
    Quote Originally Posted by old slider View Post
    Was the 2nd time I had screamed my guts out them that day, at least they started looking one into and one out of the esses after that. not sure what the marshalls, if any down by the over bridge were watching.

...all marshals and people situated around the track are under huge pressure, not just keeping up with what is happening, knowing what just happened and being under the control of the Clerk of the Course, who cant let anyone move until every part of the track staff know what is happening...the flaggies are fucking heroic just giving up their time and risking the ire of the Health and Safety arseholes who just about write their own rules...if you have a love of the sport, try putting a few hours in, just to find out...no flaggies, no racing...

Bike
    W650 sidecar & HD Fat Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by ellipsis View Post
    ...all marshals and people situated around the track are under huge pressure, not just keeping up with what is happening, knowing what just happened and being under the control of the Clerk of the Course, who cant let anyone move until every part of the track staff know what is happening...the flaggies are fucking heroic just giving up their time and risking the ire of the Health and Safety arseholes who just about write their own rules...if you have a love of the sport, try putting a few hours in, just to find out...no flaggies, no racing...
    Been a flaggie both motocross and road for a few years, albeit it was the 70s, no reason a flag marshal doing their job can not warn following riders of an incident, the issues at the esses where racers coming to grief and not being witnessed by any flag marshal. For example one rider kissed the bales/air bags and ended parked still up right, as other bikes continued to enter at full speed, eventually one bike collided with the upright bike , and as he front braked hard tipped upside down inside the still upright bike, then as he tried to escaped harm he was clipped by yet another still unaware rider coming in hot who also ended up with a smashed up bike, in my view these two riders potential injury and damaged bikes was completely unnecessary, the screaming crowd finally managed to grab the attention of the two marshalls who were both following the bikes down to the Robert Holden Cnr and didn't see what was happening behind them.

I agree it can be a thankless job, never the less it is such an important one. No one expects them to move until it is safe, but in my opinion simply being aware and waving the appropriate flag may save injuries and pointless damage.

Bike
    less than I used to have
    Quote Originally Posted by old slider View Post
    Been a flaggie both motocross and road for a few years, albeit it was the 70s, no reason a flag marshal doing their job can not warn following riders of an incident, the issues at the esses where racers coming to grief and not being witnessed by any flag marshal. For example one rider kissed the bales/air bags and ended parked still up right, as other bikes continued to enter at full speed, eventually one bike collided with the upright bike , and as he front braked hard tipped upside down inside the still upright bike, then as he tried to escaped harm he was clipped by yet another still unaware rider coming in hot who also ended up with a smashed up bike, in my view these two riders potential injury and damaged bikes was completely unnecessary, the screaming crowd finally managed to grab the attention of the two marshalls who were both following the bikes down to the Robert Holden Cnr and didn't see what was happening behind them.

I agree it can be a thankless job, never the less it is such an important one. No one expects them to move until it is safe, but in my opinion simply being aware and waving the appropriate flag may save injuries and pointless damage.
    ...not saying shit doesn't happen and things don't get fucked up...it is a dangerous game...

Bike
    MT09 Tracer
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    Some great pics there mate. What are you packing?
    10fkninches
    Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow aren’t just the 4 cycles of an engine

Bike
    MT09 Tracer
    A few pics from Wanganui 16.

Anyone wanting pics of specific bikes / riders can post or pm me with class & number & I will check if I have them & post them up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2583a.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	404.7 KB 
ID:	327721   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3448a.jpg 
Size:	652.0 KB 
ID:	327722   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3489a.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	529.2 KB 
ID:	327723   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3509a.jpg 
Size:	516.0 KB 
ID:	327724   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3193a.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	800.4 KB 
ID:	327756  
    Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow aren’t just the 4 cycles of an engine

Thread Information