Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: NOT GOOD, Worst deaths in 19 years

Bike
    M109R, GS1200ss, RMX450Z, ZX-12R
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    The riding you describe here is what I see group riders do when under pressure to keep up.
    You must have sad lonely life
    Bet you're as popular as a dose of the shits in the smoko room at your work because you're antagonistic, peanut brained halfwit

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    Here we go.

While I was out riding my bicycle this morning I was paying ACC levies on 2 cars, two motorcycles, a caravan and a trailer.

Remind me again how I'm not paying ACC levies?
    Oh, you are one of thooose people.

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    Here we go.

While I was out riding my bicycle this morning I was paying ACC levies on 2 cars, two motorcycles, a caravan and a trailer.

Remind me again how I'm not paying ACC levies?
    Simple - you are not paying for the use of your bicycle while riding on public roads.

When using the other vehicles you have contributed

But I was really having a poke - as if some Politician actually suggested this then they would have to consider horses as well - and what about the dogs walking on footpaths - little shitting fuckers should be contributing towards the council surely? Cats can be imune from this as they do whatever they like anyway and it would piss off Gareth Morgan.

Fuck it - old people with mobility scooters or walking frames should be registered as well.

And Albinos - they give you the shits when you see one - must be dangerous to road users so ACC them up the Wahzoo.

Some of the above may make more sense than some of Cassinas previous posts!

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by awayatc View Post
    Being intolerant to an extremely vulnerable lot is unbecoming....

Grow up and get over yourself. ...

You miss the point sir - the way they ride in packs all over the friggen road around here is making themselves extremely vulnerable. It is irresponsible.

I'd get you some footage on a go-pro but I hate those dam things. Seriously who watches that shit? It's not like you can post anything online anymore as if you break the law someone will see it on Youtube and knock on your door. Best to wear a tin-foil hat.

And is not this thread all about responsible riding? On two wheels?

Bike
    W650 sidecar & HD Fat Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    You miss the point sir - the way they ride in packs all over the friggen road around here is making themselves extremely vulnerable. It is irresponsible.

I'd get you some footage on a go-pro but I hate those dam things. Seriously who watches that shit? It's not like you can post anything online anymore as if you break the law someone will see it on Youtube and knock on your door. Best to wear a tin-foil hat.

And is not this thread all about responsible riding? On two wheels?

I have to agree, the way many of them, not all, but especially those born again cyclists, you know, those with grey or white hair and sometimes even grey or white goatees that have decided because they could ride a bike when at school, why not now, they wander all over the road, unstable, have slow reflexes and their necks are so stiff they can not look back over their shoulder, yep those ones, they piss me off. lol

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by old slider View Post
    I have to agree, the way many of them, not all, but especially those born again cyclists, you know, those with grey or white hair and sometimes even grey or white goatees that have decided because they could ride a bike when at school, why not now, they wander all over the road, unstable, have slow reflexes and their necks are so stiff they can not look back over their shoulder, yep those ones, they piss me off. lol
    They sound like Harley riders.

Bike
    It was on the good
    Quote Originally Posted by old slider View Post
    You talking motorbikes or push bikes?

Bike
    So old you won't care
    Ok so rather than spend time ripping other posters to shreds I went for a ride....

Hmm - I wonder... I rode the 1970 TR6C.. Its a peach of a bike, yes its underpowered and under braked by modern standards but it simply follows its nose and rides exactly like you would think a motorcycle should ride.. Its a delight - you dont need to think about it, you just ride it. Beautifully balanced, easy to ride and natural...

Now - the ST 1050... Praised as a paragon of a sports tourer and ours has had extensive suspension upgrades. The last time it was serviced the tech said it was the smoothest ST he had ever riden (down to the sus mods)... It handles well but its far from natural (to me) and you need to be onto it 100% of the time... Once you get the hang of it - you are away but its a skill you need to obtain because its not an obviously natural thing... Theres a lot of power (well I can dream) and a lot of mass to get turning in so you need to be very very deliberate...

My old Moto Guzzi LM2 was about the last generation of big wheel bikes and had more in common with the TR6C than the ST...

my point... Modern bikes need a lot more technical skills, are bigger, heavier and more powerful and dont handle 'naturally'... yet I could just go buy it and ride it without upgrading my skills?? hmm....

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Ok so rather than spend time ripping other posters to shreds I went for a ride....

Hmm - I wonder... I rode the 1970 TR6C.. Its a peach of a bike, yes its underpowered and under braked by modern standards but it simply follows its nose and rides exactly like you would think a motorcycle should ride.. Its a delight - you dont need to think about it, you just ride it. Beautifully balanced, easy to ride and natural...

Now - the ST 1050... Praised as a paragon of a sports tourer and ours has had extensive suspension upgrades. The last time it was serviced the tech said it was the smoothest ST he had ever riden (down to the sus mods)... It handles well but its far from natural (to me) and you need to be onto it 100% of the time... Once you get the hang of it - you are away but its a skill you need to obtain because its not an obviously natural thing... Theres a lot of power (well I can dream) and a lot of mass to get turning in so you need to be very very deliberate...

My old Moto Guzzi LM2 was about the last generation of big wheel bikes and had more in common with the TR6C than the ST...

my point... Modern bikes need a lot more technical skills, are bigger, heavier and more powerful and dont handle 'naturally'... yet I could just go buy it and ride it without upgrading my skills?? hmm....
    You make an exceedingly valid point. A few years ago I jumped onto a Fireblade and tried to stuff it, quite sedately, into one of my fav corners. Bastard would not turn, I near shit meself. I got around, obviously but what a wake up call.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    Simple - you are not paying for the use of your bicycle while riding on public roads.
    And ... they demand sole (read free) and unhindered use of a marked portion of our streets and highways ... it might help if they obeyed a few of the road rules as well ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    W650 sidecar & HD Fat Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post
    You talking motorbikes or push bikes?

I was talking Push bikes,, I think that many of the white haired goatee types riding Harleys have been doing so for a very long time.

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    The riding you describe here is what I see group riders do when under pressure to keep up.
    You are actually making a total arse of yourself by consistently bringing this up. It is not actually the norm

Refer Thread

https://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/s...axed-out-rides

Over about 6-7 years rode with over 100+ riders (anywhere on any given day from 6 - 30+) on most Sundays throughout the year - from memory the only accident we had was a result of a swing arm snapping (hyosung)

Also participated in toy runs, pink ribbon, blue prostrate & Westpac helicopter runs = sorry dickhead but not one death or accident

where do you get your information from - toilet rolls in the public loos?

Quote Jan 2020 Posted by Katman

Life would be so much easier if you addressed questions with a simple answer.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    They sound like Harley riders.
    Nah, they sound like me, except that I avoid the road where I can and I would not be a pretty sight in lycra.

"A man's got to know his limitations." - Dirty Harry
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Ah. The Akaroa GP.

Great ride.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Still sluts me off that they consider 'adequate' a appropriate description for brakes on a cruiser. Pop some Brembos on the front wheel. I don't think I'll be satisfied with anything less after experiencing them.

Thread Information