Thread: 2009 675 Daytona - exhaust servo removal - tuneECU/servo buddy experience

Bike
    2009 Triumph 675 Daytona

2009 675 Daytona - exhaust servo removal - tuneECU/servo buddy experience

Hi guys,

I've bought a 675 Daytona recently and the check engine light has come on as a result of the exhaust valve malfunctioning a wee bit. I've read up and looks to be a super common issue. Wondering if anyone has removed theirs and if so would you recommend using TuneECU to let the ECU know that the valve is gone, or get a servo buddy instead. TuneECU looks to be the cheaper option but don't want to risk messing anything up.

Cheers!

Bike
    A Red German one.
    Quote Originally Posted by juum View Post
    Hi guys,

I've bought a 675 Daytona recently and the check engine light has come on as a result of the exhaust valve malfunctioning a wee bit. I've read up and looks to be a super common issue. Wondering if anyone has removed theirs and if so would you recommend using TuneECU to let the ECU know that the valve is gone, or get a servo buddy instead. TuneECU looks to be the cheaper option but don't want to risk messing anything up.

Cheers!
    I had a 2011 675 Daytona which I put a full Akrapovic system into. TuneECU was easy to use. I just deselected the exhaust valve and downloaded it into the bike. The engine check light went out with no issues.

http://www.triumph675.net/ There are multiple sticky threads about this same problem and some comprehensive guides to TuneECU.

"No matter what bike you ride. It's all the same wind in your face"

Bike
    72 Kawasaki A7, 05 Kawasaki W650
    Don't be scared to use TuneECU, it's extremely simple and pretty much impossible to screw up.

Bike
    2009 Triumph 675 Daytona
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Gayner View Post
    Don't be scared to use TuneECU, it's extremely simple and pretty much impossible to screw up.
    Cheers for that, screwing up was the main concern. Will def be giving it a go

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    My cable just went futt but new one arrived in about a week from Loncote or something in UK from eBay for very little moneys.
    Easy to use once you get the hang of getting it talking kill switch or blownindicator fuse will stop it talking for example .
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Thread Information