Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AJP to crack into the adventure market

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Portugal, like Spain, may be classifed as a third world country and receive tax advantages.

A year or so back Honda announced the CRF250 Rally. Turns out it isn't a super rapid but exceedingly fragile, Dakar beast of a thing, it's a sheep in wolf's clothing.
    Commuting is a sugested use.

A CRF450 Rally would be more interesting though.

Anyhoo, Blue Wing are doing their usual Admiral Nelson thing and turning a blind eye. It is available in Australia.

After thunk: On checking the seat height is 895mm so I would need that ladder.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CRF250 Rally.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	6.1 KB 
ID:	327645  
    Last edited by pritch; 6th January 2017 at 12:42. Reason: After thunk
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    After thunk: On checking the seat height is 895mm so I would need that ladder.
    Not often you're stopping on even terrain on a bike like that, unless for some weird reason you decide to commute through the central city.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazz View Post
    Not often you're stopping on even terrain on a bike like that, unless for some weird reason you decide to commute through the central city.
    Coupla things: I used to be 5'91/2" but when recently measured for a passport I was 5'5". Yep heightwise we shrink over time (but we do tend to get wider). Commuting though is an intended purpose of that bike according to the Honda ad.

That seat height might not seem overly intimidating but from memory it's higher than the Africa Twin?
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Coupla things: I used to be 5'91/2" but when recently measured for a passport I was 5'5". Yep heightwise we shrink over time (but we do tend to get wider). Commuting though is an intended purpose of that bike according to the Honda ad.

That seat height might not seem overly intimidating but from memory it's higher than the Africa Twin?
    Your legs will still be the same length though won't they? Well, I hope so
    I have a bike taller than that and so long as you can handle not being able to flat foot both feet at a stop sign (which you can't do on a hill anyway so is not a good habit...) it's fine.

Bit of a yawn fest on tarmac by comparison to what else you can get to commute on though *cough* motard *cough*

Thread Information