Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bloody freedom camping rules.

Bike
    89 GS500, 89 ZXR400, 93 RGV250, 14 MT07

Bloody freedom camping rules.

Im currently spending new years in Queenstown with my lady friend and went into town last night to celebrate the new year.
    We drove into town and after about 35 mins of looking for a car park we found a spot in the botanical gardens carpark that i was happy with leaving the car at over night as we were planning on taxiing home (responsible drinking bs).
    At about 1:30am when the bar we were at closed we decided we had had enough of the crowds and went to look for a taxi. The que at the taxi stand was ridiculous, there would have been over 200 people waiting so we decided to go back to the car and wait for a few hours before trying again.
    We sat in the car with the engine running to keep warm and music playing but ended up falling asleep for about an hour and a half. After we woke up we returned to the taxi stand and managed to get a ride home.
    Returning to the car this morning i find a fucking ticket on the window for $200 for freedom camping. Turns out they had given us a ticket at 3am and had not even woken us up to tell us to bugger off.
    Parking wardens piss me off at the best of times but this is fucking ridiculous.
    Im going to try and fight it but wont hold my breath over it.

Rant/

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by Asher View Post
    Im currently spending new years in Queenstown with my lady friend and went into town last night to celebrate the new year.
    We drove into town and after about 35 mins of looking for a car park we found a spot in the botanical gardens carpark that i was happy with leaving the car at over night as we were planning on taxiing home (responsible drinking bs).
    At about 1:30am when the bar we were at closed we decided we had had enough of the crowds and went to look for a taxi. The que at the taxi stand was ridiculous, there would have been over 200 people waiting so we decided to go back to the car and wait for a few hours before trying again.
    We sat in the car with the engine running to keep warm and music playing but ended up falling asleep for about an hour and a half. After we woke up we returned to the taxi stand and managed to get a ride home.
    Returning to the car this morning i find a fucking ticket on the window for $200 for freedom camping. Turns out they had given us a ticket at 3am and had not even woken us up to tell us to bugger off.
    Parking wardens piss me off at the best of times but this is fucking ridiculous.

Rant/
    Freedom campers=cunts too stingy to pay for a spot in a motor campground that leave their rubbish and feces in a pile when they move on. You can blame those scroungers for your misfortune.

Bike
    suzuki

Rant/
    ha de haha, well done, lucky the cops didn't see you, with the motor running it would've been a breath test on top of that.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    ha de haha, well done, lucky the cops didn't see you, with the motor running it would've been a breath test on top of that.
    Yep. although just sitting in the driver seat would be enough
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    Freedom campers=cunts too stingy to pay for a spot in a motor campground that leave their rubbish and feces in a pile when they move on. You can blame those scroungers for your misfortune.
    Come say that in the adventure touring section lol.....

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    We sat in the car with the engine running to keep warm and music playing but ended up falling asleep
    Now if you'd both gotten in the BACK seat you really wouldn't have needed the engine running to stay warm.... just sayin....

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries

Rant/
    You might have a leg to stand on ... Page (2) (c)

In this bylaw freedom camping does not include the following activities:
    (a) temporary and short-term parking of a motor vehicle;
    (b) recreational activities commonly known as day-trip excursions;
    (c) resting or sleeping at the roadside in a caravan or motor vehicle to avoid driver fatigue.

http://www.qldc.govt.nz/assets/Uploa...ember-2012.pdf
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    I detest freedom campers shitting all over New Zealands roadsides. I applaud any council doing something to stop it. Fucking cheap arse freeloaders you come over here on a shoe-string budget.

In your case, if you look at it objectively what were they to think? Two people asleep in their car at 3.00am ......

Write a polite letter, include a copy of the invoice for where you are staying and the taxi ride and I would be surprised if the ticket was not wiped.

Bike
    GSX-R 750
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    Come say that in the adventure touring section lol.....
    Consider it said!!! - Do you, or the inhabitants of said section make a habit of leaving piles of rubbish and poos before you move on? otherwise they weren't talking about you so move on. If you do, you've earned Jase's description and may you all fall off the side of a cliff somewhere while your adventurin'

...Feel free to copy this to that section and invite em' here to discuss.

...lol

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    A few weeks ago I got a ticket for parking near a hydrant cover while working on the pumps in the pump station 1 metre away from said hydrant that supplies said hydrant and I didn't get off lol. I had to pay the council to fix a council fault. Absolutely Positively Wellington!
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by mossy1200 View Post
    A few weeks ago I got a ticket for parking near a hydrant cover while working on the pumps in the pump station 1 metre away from said hydrant that supplies said hydrant and I didn't get off lol. I had to pay the council to fix a council fault. Absolutely Positively Wellington!
    I've seen our local police park over the top of ours during covert breath alcohol checks... he does leave the engine running though

Bike
    Yo momma
    I've seen our local police park over the top of ours during covert breath alcohol checks... he does leave the engine running though

]
    Did you run over and tell them to fuck off?

Bike
    1999 Yamaha R1
    Yep. although just sitting in the driver seat would be enough
    Yeah, NEVER sit in the driver's seat after you've been drinking. It cost us a lot of $$$ to get our son off a drink driving charge when he was a teenager.

Good to hear that they've cracked down on freedom camping down there. The lookout car parks, etc. were pretty disgusting at times.

Sent from somewhere using Tapatalk

Bike
    The people doing the damage aren't 'freedom campers', they are fuckwits. Just like there are fuckwits on motorcycles, push bikes, foot or in cars etc etc that do not represent everyone. I see a crackdown on rules for enjoying our country that directly cuts us off too, not just those fuckwits that are not even here for 12 months of their lives.

Fine the crap out of them, deport them, educate them better on arrival, whatever it takes but it is tragic there is so much LOCAL support for insane rules that cut off LOCAL access (and yes there are plenty of local fuckwits too!).

Short sighted much people....?!

Thread Information