Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Tale of a Cat

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600

A Tale of a Cat

Back in 1999, I moved out of the family home and went to live in a pokey 1 bedroom flat. Suffice to say I couldn't stand the pressure (read "her") at the old place and decided I would become a hermit. (A lifelong ambition by the way).

So I was not in a particularly good space you unnerstand.

A then a magical thing happened...

Some background:

I was in one of three flats. The original homestead was just next door. Occupied by three students from Thailand. One of whom loved cats. He had about six of them. Every afternoon he would come home from University and set out a chair in the back yard. He would collect together his armoury of cat toys, call all the cats out and spend the next two hours playing with them. Strangely enough, the cats seemed to love this and hung around for ages.

Apart from one cat. She was very curious and very social where humans were concerned. She seemed to like the species and visited all the flats regularly. Where she would pick up pens and pencils in her mouth and deposit them throughout the other flats. God knows why.

And Then:

One day she came into my place, looked at me and said "You look like you need a cat. That would be ME!". I'd like to think that she decided to help a distressed human but I suspect her real motive was to be an "Only Cat" and therefore subject to abject fawning and the currying of favour from her human compan..err I mean slave. Let alone shitting on all her former "companions"

She turned out to be the most dedicated, devoted and affectionate cat, the likes of which I had never experienced before. And long lived as well. I have never had a companion animal for such a long time

And today I had to put an end to her life. She was just wearing out and although in no obvious pain, was not very happy either. I figured it was not fair to continue her life in discomfort. So I did the dastardly deed and now feel like the murderer of a good friend.

Here she is in former times;
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2004_01021-2jan040009.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	500.5 KB 
ID:	327594
    . “No pleasure is worth giving up for two more years in a rest home.” Kingsley Amis

Bike
    KTM 1290 SDGT
    It's a much kinder thing you did than we do to our fellow suffering humans
    Political Correctness, the chief weapon of whiney arse bastards

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    You did the right thing mate, the other scenario is to be regretting putting your pet through an agonizing and or slow death. There will be another along shortly to pick up where you left off...
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    a 400 and a 650 :-)
    Thoughts with you.

Never easy to decide or know when is the time... what we do, we do it because we care and love them.

She'll be waiting for you on the other side of the rainbow bridge, when it is your time to cross.

Bike
    A
    For what it's worth, I reckon you've done the right thing. Kinder all around, albeit no easy decision to make.

Wife and I have been thru this some years back, so understand how you feel.

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Silly little furry things get into your heart.

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    Mateeee, while away last week our little ( kitten size really) female cat got in a scrape, as she regularly does, stares down Alssations and Mancoon Cats all the time.
    Vet stapled her back together. One week later, she's up and about and even comes crawling around my feet when she passes my computer desk. I told my daughter, who took her to the vet, not to spend large amounts, this isn't the frist time, but hey, shes a girl and ya know what, she knows her old man quite well.
    So, I'm sad for your friends departing, and glad we've still got our little mate,
    Today, my mate in Welly did what you have done today, didn't want to but thought the quality of his mate Smokey's life was so compromised that the suffering well outweighed the lingering.
    Hard decision, thoughts are with you today.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Had to do the same thing last year - Balled my fucking eyes out.

And even knowing all the details and knowing it was 'the right' thing to do - didn't make it any easier.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    1998 CBR 900RR
    Sorry to hear that dude. It is the worst part about being a pet owner. We recently lost our 20 year old cat, he was really beginning to decline but it still sucks

Bike
    Sold
    Very sad for you. Have been in the same position three times and have shed tears every time. Grieving is the price you pay for love.

Bike
    86.249 93.398 00.944
    Think we're almost there with our around 15 year old 3 legged cat. For the last few years has lived in our son's room, and of late has taken to waking him several times a night, and losing her shit when he's not home (soon to be permanent).

Condolences for your loss, tempered with the possibly of a new kitty soul heading the same way for company shortly

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    Riding cheap crappy old bikes badly since 1987

Tagorama maps: Transalpers map first 100 tags..................Map of tags 101-200......................Latest map, tag # 201-->

Bike
    Yo momma
    Here's my 12 year old moggy. He used to kill stuff but not any more. Definitely slowing up, spends more time sleeping than bothering me for food...
    Not looking forward to what is looming.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG950272 (1).jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	246.4 KB 
ID:	327609  

Bike
    Klx250s
    We got a new might a few months back.
    Before wi got a chance to spey the thing came home with a few spares.
    She is a little wild cat we rescued from a farm. (Read saved her from a bullet)
    Only a litter of 2 which the vet told us was due to her young age and small size.
    So long story short. I now have 3 cats and 2 dogs

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    Bit of a dredge, but time has passed and there is another little kitten in my life now. Passed to me by the boss where I work..."You need a kitten doncha!"

Attachment 332948 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	all my colours.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	326.0 KB 
ID:	332949

Turns out I did need a kitten. Meet Abigail - Abby for short or "Abblegabble" when she is insane (most of the time.)
    . “No pleasure is worth giving up for two more years in a rest home.” Kingsley Amis

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    exit stage left:
    www.facebook.com

Thread Information