Thread: Immigrating with the Bush Bashers. What to do?

Bike
    2015, KTM, 300 X-CW

Immigrating with the Bush Bashers. What to do?

Good day!

I've searched the forums and couldn't find much information about importing off-road bikes..

We are relocating to New Zealand and I want to bring two bikes with. Both of them are 100% offroad (2015 ktm 300 X-CW and 2016 Honda cr230f).
    What documentation do I need to bring with me? Neither one of them are registered or road worthy but I still have the manufacturing certificates and proof of sale.

Any advice will appreciated.

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    If you are not intending to use them on the road then your issue is just a financial one surely? Can you afford to bring them or are you better to sell and replace when you get here?
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    2015, KTM, 300 X-CW
    It will cheaper to take them with since the container with furniture has space reserved for them and is paid for. The bikes are also much cheaper in South Africa than in New Zealand.
    I'm just not sure if I'm missing anything and wouldn't want the bikes to be confiscated or held back...

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    clean the fuck out of them. blow out all the crevices and shit, bottom of the airbox. we don't want your shit mosquitos, or seeds for shit spiky fokken plants.

Bike
    18 Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    clean the fuck out of them. blow out all the crevices and shit, bottom of the airbox. we don't want your shit mosquitos, or seeds for shit spiky fokken plants.
    Exactly right. Those boys at MAFF will be inspecting under your mud guards and anywhere at all where the tiniest fragment of soil might hide. Then they will charge you more than the value of the bike to clean it out.

Yes bikes are far cheaper in other countries

Bike
    2015, KTM, 300 X-CW
    100% I'll double check and make sure the bike is cleaned properly. What about the registration or paperwork requirements?

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ScavvyRider View Post
    100% I'll double check and make sure the bike is cleaned properly. What about the registration or paperwork requirements?
    if they're not being registered: irrelevant. they're just private property.

i have heard tell of people dismantling them, and simply bringing in a load of "misc bike parts" but that was to dodge something or other.

Thread Information