Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Rider jeans or leather pants??

Bike
    72 Kawasaki A7, 05 Kawasaki W650
    Quote Originally Posted by Stu999c View Post
    Why do they advertise their pants as having a "free removable armour set"? It's hardly free, the pants are $300.

Bike
    Klx250s
    You would have to ask them that.
    I line the style of their ones.
    I picked mine up cheap off a mate who didn't line the style.
    Hundy including armour.
    Cheap as chips

Bike
    A streetbike named Desire
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Gayner View Post
    Why do they advertise their pants as having a "free removable armour set"? It's hardly free, the pants are $300.
    free/included same thing. Some brands don't come with armour or padding.

Bike
    gsx250
    Quote Originally Posted by aws View Post
    Haven't tried the selection at Cycletreads for a long time, but I always find Motomail to have a good selection of stylish jeans - I just can't get into the super skinny Rev'it styles that they carry. I also find them very helpful.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    You must be older than 30 then haha. I'm only 19 so style is a consideration for me at least. Especially when it's a lot of money for me.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

Bike
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 RR
    Quote Originally Posted by jafagsx250 View Post
    You must be older than 30 then haha. I'm only 19 so style is a consideration for me at least. Especially when it's a lot of money for me.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk
    When I say "can't get into them", I mean I can't get into them - they're too skinny for my legs.

Bike
    Klx250s
    When I say "can't get into them", I mean I can't get into them - they're too skinny for my legs.

ha ha

Bike
    gsx250

Oh right. My bad. Super skinny jeans aren't much fun anyway.

Bike
    2016 Norton Dominator SS
    Jeans have come a long way in recent years in terms of protection. After doing my own reasearch I settled on Bull-it. Better abrasion resistance than leather and less heat transfer than Kevlar etc - according to their literature. Other than the lack of water proofing (and leather if that's your thing), they're great if you're looking for something comfortable and good looking enough to continue on in once you're parked the bike up - although the covac lining doesn't make them as comfortable as plain jeans.

http://www.bull-it.com/jeans/sr6-jeans.html

Bike
    Nothing yet
    Quote Originally Posted by iwilson View Post
    Jeans have come a long way in recent years in terms of protection. After doing my own reasearch I settled on Bull-it. Better abrasion resistance than leather and less heat transfer than Kevlar etc - according to their literature. Other than the lack of water proofing (and leather if that's your thing), they're great if you're looking for something comfortable and good looking enough to continue on in once you're parked the bike up - although the covac lining doesn't make them as comfortable as plain jeans.

I ended up buying me a pair of these from a local shop. Really liked the fit and the colour but they must have been old stock because the front pocket liners torn on the first day. I returned them to the shop and they replaced them with a new pair, different cut, but a brand new pair. Unfortunately I didn't try the jeans on first as the new cut didn't fit like the older pair and are to tight. I've asked for another exchange but have lost the tags off the jeans and they are umming and arrhhing as to whether or not I can exchange them. I hope so cause I really did like them

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by iwilson View Post

Better than leather then? Guess Rossi will be in them this season then?

Bike
    2016 Norton Dominator SS
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    Better than leather then? Guess Rossi will be in them this season then?
    Apologises for my ignorance in material science. You're quite right if Rossi's not wearing them, then mine are going in the bin - science or no science! Rumor has it Rossi's minders have in fact developed a material superior even to the holy leather. Spy shot below. Say nothing to Marquez!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	32FDC115-0646-4D53-8BA2-10EE8C4CE543-12030-000014186F4E6B8B_tmp_zpshpgsitcm.jpeg 
Views:	34 
Size:	23.4 KB 
ID:	328251

Thread Information