Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Nutty season on the roads

Bike
    Mine
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    Is that your best guess too ... ?????
    Not really a guess, just applied logic. Irrespective of how the speed was arrived at or what TPTB intend, if one speed is said to be "safe and comfortable" for all vehicle/driver combinations then surely it must be "safe and comfortable" for the worst vehicle/driver combination? Or is the road code vastly over simplifying the situation?

Interesting reading here ... you might learn something.
    Thanks. I'll have a read when I get the chance.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin (1706-90)

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending to much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"Motorcycling is not inherently dangerous. It is, however, EXTREMELY unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence and stupidity!" - Anonymous

"Live to Ride, Ride to Live"

Bike
    Kawasaki
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    and how the fuck would you know this having never ever been to one? your WOF guy tell ya?
    It's true though, I once saw a facebook post about a rider who went to a riding school, and he said that you should hug the center line on left and right hand corners so that you can see cars coming the other way betterer.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 5ive View Post
    It's true though, I once saw a facebook post about a rider who went to a riding school, and he said that you should hug the center line on left and right hand corners so that you can see cars coming the other way betterer.
    what the fuck would you know? are you a wof guy?

Bike
    Kawasaki
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I could call you a halfwit too for not taking notice of my advise. The question I have for you is why do you waste your time responding to my posts if you dont like them?
    *advice

I don't think anyone really hates your posts (and Katman loves them, he can piggyback off them for attention), they just don't agree with the content, which is usually wrong.

Bike
    Kawasaki
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    what the fuck would you know? are you a wof guy?
    No, I know a wof guy though, he tells me everything I need to know so I don't have to think.

Bike
    Kawasaki
    They are still wasting their time though as I am set in my way in the same way they are.
    I know, it's like watching a drug addict relapsing, despite all of the attempts at help.

Bike
    MVs & Ducatis
    Centreline hugging not such a great idea....pic of a friend.....but what about that campervan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	akaroa camper.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	74.1 KB 
ID:	327909  

Bike
    MVs & Ducatis
    Another on the Ackers mountain, some cunt slightly over the centreline. It's all about being vigilant
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	akaroa hill.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	54.9 KB 
ID:	327910  

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    I could call you a halfwit too for not taking notice of my advise.
    I'm pretty sure that one of the qualifiers for being a halfwit is following your advice.

The funniest part is however, parts of most of your posts have a very teeny tiny nugget of truth to them - but you wrap it up in so much Bullshit that it makes it impossible for anyone to swallow.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MVnut View Post
    Another on the Ackers mountain, some cunt slightly over the centreline. It's all about being vigilant
    a) there's no problem with that.
    b) "filmed on a closed road under supervision"

Bike
    86.249 93.398 00.944
    Quote Originally Posted by MVnut View Post
    The problem in that photo is obvious, the driver of the blue car is clearly under pressure to try and keep up with the black car.
    Riding cheap crappy old bikes badly since 1987

Tagorama maps: Transalpers map first 100 tags..................Map of tags 101-200......................Latest map, tag # 201-->

Bike
    Kawasaki
    Quote Originally Posted by neels View Post
    The problem in that photo is obvious, the driver of the blue car is clearly under pressure to try and keep up with the black car.
    ...and the photo is being taken by a motorcycle rider who went to cassina's centre-line hugging, riding school.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by swbarnett View Post
    Not really a guess, just applied logic. Irrespective of how the speed was arrived at or what TPTB intend, if one speed is said to be "safe and comfortable" for all vehicle/driver combinations then surely it must be "safe and comfortable" for the worst vehicle/driver combination?
    Beware ... Cassina uses "applied logic" in her posts ... and probably works for her. Sometimes ...

There is in this day and age ... no room for best guess/estimate when setting advisory limits in corners ... get it wrong and the authority setting them could be held liable.

Safe and comfortable is always normal conditions (in the dry) for all normal vehicles .... The operators of any vehicles are responsible to take the bend safely.

The required safe speed (for motorbikes)on corners corners decreases in amount over the advised limit ... as the advised limit decreases. ie: 20 km/hr over on an advised 95 km/hr corner should not be much of an issue for an experienced rider. But try 20 km/hr over on an advised 15 km/hr corner ... and there will be problems.
    However ... not all corners are rated by the same person ... and could be rated differently on similar corners elsewhere. Plus corners may be improved without any change in the rating.

Quote Originally Posted by swbarnett View Post
    Or is the road code vastly over simplifying the situation?
    It always did. The Road code is not worded as written legislation. In fact it should NOT be counted as legislation.

At no time should any posted (or advised) speed limit be held/assumed to be safe in all road situations and conditions.
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    Mine
    I could call you a halfwit too for not taking notice of my advise. The question I have for you is why do you waste your time responding to my posts if you dont like them?
    I've already answered that many times. I don't like to leave bad advice unchallenged for fear of it getting new riders into grief. It is, however, getting to a point where the danger of that is greatly diminished due to the sheer volume of obvious incompetance you keep spouting.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin (1706-90)

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending to much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"Motorcycling is not inherently dangerous. It is, however, EXTREMELY unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence and stupidity!" - Anonymous

Bike
    Mine
    Safe and comfortable is always normal conditions (in the dry) for all normal vehicles
    The study you referred me to refers to the advisory speeds as “the maximum speed at which a curve may be comfortably negotiated under good road and weather conditions”. So what you're saying is that the maximum comfortable speed is hte same for a large truck with trailer and a motorcycle? This is blatantly not true.

The required safe speed (for motorbikes)on corners corners decreases in amount over the advised limit ... as the advised limit decreases. ie: 20 km/hr over on an advised 95 km/hr corner should not be much of an issue for an experienced rider. But try 20 km/hr over on an advised 15 km/hr corner ... and there will be problems.
    Exactly, any increase over the advisory is always proportional.

However ... not all corners are rated by the same person ... and could be rated differently on similar corners elsewhere. Plus corners may be improved without any change in the rating.
    Which is why we must always judge the corner ourselves instead of taking the advisory speeds as gospel.

Thread Information