Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to me bike :)

Bike
    2018 Moto Guzzi V9

New to me bike :)

I have just recently switched from the BMW 1150RT to the BMW F800ST as I was finding the weight of the RT an issue for everyday use however if you want to do big k rides these are one of the best for both rider & pillion.

My first impressions of the F800 are that it lacks weather protection which may be an issue later in the year. There are options for larger screens which may have to be investigated. I have risers on & it has a comfortable riding position & very good seat. Is fairly relaxed at 100Km, not as much as the RT, the lighter weight means you cant just crush the bumps in the road but makes for increased fun factor in the tight stuff. The engine has a good power spread with a quite close ratio box. Not the most powerful bike out there but capable enough. Could do with a different muffler, factory is too big & doesnt sound that great. I got one without the full computer & think I may regret that. Missing the fuel gauge & gear indicator. Am liking being able to push it around without breaking a sweat. Definitely a better bike in traffic as the gearing & engine work better when traffic speed is fluctuating than the RT did. RT has this really annoying space between 80 & 90ish where it is too slow for 6th but vibration is bad in 5th. Will report again after a 2up long ride as to pillion comfort.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000650 (Medium).JPG 
Views:	97 
Size:	333.2 KB 
ID:	327690  
    SIGN HERE X

Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    It's like watching a train wreck.
    Quote Originally Posted by ducatilover View Post
    What a soft cock, who wears pants when posting on facebook?

Bike
    Rocket 111 Touring (2010)
    Quote Originally Posted by skinman View Post
    I have just recently switched from the BMW 1150RT to the BMW F800ST as I was finding the weight of the RT an issue for everyday use however if you want to do big k rides these are one of the best for both rider & pillion.

My first impressions of the F800 are that it lacks weather protection which may be an issue later in the year. There are options for larger screens which may have to be investigated. I have risers on & it has a comfortable riding position & very good seat. Is fairly relaxed at 100Km, not as much as the RT, the lighter weight means you cant just crush the bumps in the road but makes for increased fun factor in the tight stuff. The engine has a good power spread with a quite close ratio box. Not the most powerful bike out there but capable enough. Could do with a different muffler, factory is too big & doesnt sound that great. I got one without the full computer & think I may regret that. Missing the fuel gauge & gear indicator. Am liking being able to push it around without breaking a sweat. Definitely a better bike in traffic as the gearing & engine work better when traffic speed is fluctuating than the RT did. RT has this really annoying space between 80 & 90ish where it is too slow for 6th but vibration is bad in 5th. Will report again after a 2up long ride as to pillion comfort.
    Sell the F800, buy another 1150RT and a cheap 250 to commute. Problem solved Paul. No charge 😀

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Enjoy. BMW must love you.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    Quote Originally Posted by FLUB View Post
    Sell the F800, buy another 1150RT and a cheap 250 to commute. Problem solved Paul. No charge 😀

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    LOL, hey guys, Yeah butt yer Bi Assed Flubby!
    Paul, that ol RT was a goodun, no question, solve all of your problems , buy a Bandy, just finsihed 2380K's in the last 9 days, no sore Ass, Wifeys M50 did the same K's, we had a ball.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    2018 Moto Guzzi V9
    yea, cant complain about the RT but it was only a matter of time before something expensive broke. If it was easier to push around it would have been perfect just too unwieldy for me. If I was going to have 2 bikes would probably have a wing & something else for when just me. Really wanted to stay away from chain drive, gets to be a drag when doing 300k a week all weather.

The report from the pillion was that the seat wasnt bad but pegs a bit high to be ideal, no buffeting but lots of wind noise & she doesnt like if I accelerate too hard oops my bad
    SIGN HERE X

Bike
    2018 Moto Guzzi V9
    well the decision is made that I really like cruisers so the F800 is to be replaced with a Motto Guzzi V9 roamer
    I had got the BMW up to 56000 ks & just havent really taken to it although there is nothing really wrong with the bike so when the new one arrives I will put up pics
    new bike came out of the crate 2 days ago, have to say I am really looking forward to this one.
    SIGN HERE X

Bike
    GSX-S1000GT/DR 650
    Ooh yes. Please put some pictures up when you get it.

I'm rather taken with my V7 Stornello and I reckon the V9s are good little machines too (Ok - Not so little but they are manageable!)

Bike
    Yep me ol mate Pic's or it aint happened yet. Took a 2015 Guzzi California with just 3 K on the clock for a ride not so long ago. It did everything I wanted, but my right knee got so hot, I took it back after nearly 45 minutes and sadly said "thanks for the ride, but no!"
    Enjoy it mate and it's time you came out on a SATNR Ride again, soon.

Bike
    2018 Moto Guzzi V9
    its here

now just have to wait till I have clearance to ride (and the rain to stop)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010183 medium.JPG 
Views:	110 
Size:	328.6 KB 
ID:	339736  
    SIGN HERE X

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    That looks like fun. Enjoy.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    GSX-S1000GT/DR 650
    Very nice. I assume that's a Renntec rack on the back, or is it one of Moto Guzzi's own?

Bike
    2018 Moto Guzzi V9
    it is the moto guzzi rack. am trying to decide what to put onto it, am leaning towards a roll type tail bag as look nicer than a Givi top box, not a practical though. the moto guzzi top box is expensive I would imagine.
    SIGN HERE X

Bike
    GSX-S1000GT/DR 650
    A roll-type bag is the way ahead I reckon. A top box would ruin the lovely lines of the bike.

Let us know how you get on once you've done a few Kms on it. I've an eye on the V85TT myself though I'd want a good long test ride first.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Boy View Post
    A roll-type bag is the way ahead I reckon. A top box would ruin the lovely lines of the bike.

Let us know how you get on once you've done a few Kms on it. I've an eye on the V85TT myself though I'd want a good long test ride first.
    See post number 8 above.
    She did everything perfectly,but I stayed out longer than I would normally cause she was performing so well, straights, CORNERS, no bottoming out, just perfectly behaved and easy as to wrangle.
    BUTT, that right hand cylinder head warmed up the knee so much it got tooo hot.
    If it doesn't happen about 45 minutes you should be good, enjoy the test ride.

Bike
    2018 Moto Guzzi V9
    cleared to ride so took it out. had to go to experience as left my cover in the F800.
    have to say 100k feels way faster on this bike but it is such a hoot. I have no problems with the cylinder head cooking my legs.
    really have to change mindset to get back into the cruiser groove, tending to downshift too early & upsetting the bike. really feel the shaft jacking if you do that.
    I will need to put on some kind of wind protection to do longer rides at speed even if its just a low screen to reduce the weight on the chest.
    SIGN HERE X

Thread Information