Thread: Universal Fuel Cock Assembly

Bike
    yamaha srv250 1992

Universal Fuel Cock Assembly

Hey guys,

I'm in need of replacing my fuel cock assembly that connects to the actual tank off a 1992 SRV250. Here's a few pictures of the old one below.
    I'm under the impression you can get a hold of a universal one that should slip right in as long as the measurements measure up but this one has 2 outlets labelled "res" and "on". I'm having trouble finding one that has the 2 both outlets. would it be ok to swap to one that only has one or is it essential to have one that has separate outlets for RES and ON?

Cheers.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170109_123035.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	772.8 KB 
ID:	327764   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170109_123047.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	796.8 KB 
ID:	327765   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170109_123053.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	764.8 KB 
ID:	327766  

Bike
    2020 DL 1050 Vstrom RO
    What is wrong with that one?

Is it leaking where it seals to the tank? Soak the rubber gasket in brake fluid a couple days.

Is it leaking anywhere else, look into a kit to rebuild it.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lukefrompalmy View Post
    Hey guys,

I'm in need of replacing my fuel cock assembly that connects to the actual tank off a 1992 SRV250. Here's a few pictures of the old one below.
    I'm under the impression you can get a hold of a universal one that should slip right in as long as the measurements measure up but this one has 2 outlets labelled "res" and "on". I'm having trouble finding one that has the 2 both outlets. would it be ok to swap to one that only has one or is it essential to have one that has separate outlets for RES and ON?

Cheers.
    How much money do you have ... ??

http://www.megazip.net/zapchasti-dly...#/il-314679901

A single outlet would require a Y junction to "convert" it ... can you find one to fit ..?? and try ...

But first pull your old one apart and soak the parts in hot water and citric acid (supermarkets sell it cheap). Cleans parts shiny ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	e931dc2c5dd2d3bd9c3dce6c6a4655c6.png 
Views:	14 
Size:	40.6 KB 
ID:	327841  
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    yamaha srv250 1992
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    How much money do you have ... ??

http://www.megazip.net/zapchasti-dly...#/il-314679901

A single outlet would require a Y junction to "convert" it ... can you find one to fit ..?? and try ...

But first pull your old one apart and soak the parts in hot water and citric acid (supermarkets sell it cheap). Cleans parts shiny ...
    It unfortunately didn't come with the gasket and was lost by the previous owner so i tried to cheekily jimmy one up to do the job but no luck. for now ill go down the getting a replacement one with a Y junction and see how that goes. otherwise it'l be a repair job with parts ordered from megazip. A dealer quoted me $168 for a new factory one so id like to avoid that haha.

Bike
    2020 DL 1050 Vstrom RO
    If you are real lucky, the one I have spare on an old suzuki petcock will fit. Same deal, soak it in brake fluid a couple days to sell it up and make it pliant and cross your fingers. I'll be in Palmy every day working so give me a day or so to find it in my box of junk/spares and msg me your ph number.

It might also be the retaining bolts, they usually have a rubber sided washer and if they are screwed up they can leak too.

I have had the odd success/running repairs using bicycle inner tube as a gasket for a leaking petcock. Worth a crack.......

As said earlier in thread, give the petcock a real good clean up. shiny = good, grotty = bad.

Thread Information