Thread: Our favourite routes?

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries

Our favourite routes?

Saw this article: http://www.driven.co.nz/news/lifesty...es-discovered/

Uh... so who loves Auckland to Drury, come on, hands up? I'm pretty sure favourite, popular, and quantity riding it are not all the same thing in this case? I doubt #2 for the same reasons.

Better go ride SH1 again, gosh it's such a nice road, so few of those horrible corner things...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    16' xtz125e super-adventure, Ninja 650
    Blog Entries
    lol crackup, maybe it's a cunning plan to get the police to sit there instead of further south, all the good roads start after drury, its good to get off SH1 there though ^_^

Bike
    a 400 and a 650 :-)
    Bloody journalists...

The survey the journalist - too strong a word I think - is trying to paraphrase is this one which asks riders to identify "routes that riders use the most often".

Nothing to do with favourite rides at all!

The results are shown as "popular" which doesn't have quite the same meaning as favourite - which could easily confuse someone who really doesn't understand the English language...

Bike
    S1000RR
    Quote Originally Posted by Moi View Post
    Bloody journalists...

The survey the journalist - too strong a word I think - is trying to paraphrase is this one which asks riders to identify "routes that riders use the most often".

Nothing to do with favourite rides at all!

The results are shown as "popular" which doesn't have quite the same meaning as favourite - which could easily confuse someone who really doesn't understand the English language...
    Yep that's how I understood the survey too. Not got to do with favourite road.

Auckland to Drury as NZ's favourite...... really???

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    a 400 and a 650 :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by EJK View Post
    Yep that's how I understood the survey too. Not got to do with favourite road.

Auckland to Drury as NZ's favourite...... really???
    Nothing wrong with a pootle down the Great South Road to Drury and beyond...

not quite as good as Route 66, but certainly a historic route...

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Scubbo View Post
    lol crackup, maybe it's a cunning plan to get the police to sit there instead of further south, all the good roads start after drury, its good to get off SH1 there though ^_^
    Hey, got no problem with the cops hanging out on SH1 in Auckland...

I actually most commonly get off at Mercer or Rangiriri. Roads around Auckland can be done any time, but I'd rather get further south quicker and enjoy those instead.
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    I'm pleased to see it pointed out that the question was about which roads are most used. Virtually all of the top rides in the country are missing from that list, off hand the only exceptions would involve Akaroa.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    I don't mind if they Police the areas mentioned in the entire list ... but as they all are close to main centers ... some (extra) policing can only be expected.
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    2018 Moto Guzzi V9
    since when did journos let the facts get in the way of a good story.
    the question was, as stated by a previous poster, which roads do you ride most frequently. Quess I will have to keep eyes peeled for even more cops now while going to work, usually see a couple.
    SIGN HERE X

Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    It's like watching a train wreck.
    Quote Originally Posted by ducatilover View Post
    What a soft cock, who wears pants when posting on facebook?

Bike
    It was on the good
    Cool. None of my favourite roads are on the list so I can continue to use them without the additional enforcement that will invariably result.

Why would anyone vote in something like this?

Nice to see my $30pa being put to worthwhile use..................

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post
    Cool. None of my favourite roads are on the list so I can continue to use them without the additional enforcement that will invariably result.

Why would anyone vote in something like this?
    *serious face on*
    I did participate in that survey, and as said, the questions were more orientated around where do you ride, in what quantity etc. They're basically trying to establish a priority of roads to deal with. MSAC wants to know where the larger groups of bikers are going, and whether there are risky roads to factor in. If 1000 use road x and 100 use road y, the priority is obviously x. For example the Coromandel was known both as a popular riding location for bikers and had a bad history of incidents. Once you've conducted the desired work in the area, you need more roads and this was one of the aims of the survey.

*serious face off*
    However, you take a survey, add some media, factor in their "creativity" and out of that you get an article that says bikers love using SH1. It's freaken hilarious and cements my opinion of everything you read in the media...

Thread Information