Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The most dangerous things you see other riders doing on the road.

Bike
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    Yup. Was it a blind corner I overtook on? Do you know that bit of road? I can answer one of those for you. it wasn't a blind corner by any stretch of the imagination. And I was well back within my lane before any oncoming traffic was near.
    IIRC - IMHO - FYI it's all relative. What is normal for the spider seems chaos for the fly. IYKWIM.
    '' i'd let you touch me.''

Sorry fulla but I am spoken for.

Bike
    MVs & Ducatis
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    That would be dangerous and it would piss me off, but I've never come across it and wonder where you came by this apparent fantasy?
    Unfortunately not a fantasy. Canterbury Branch....imagine a group of 40 or 50 bikes, mainly cruisers, on the motorway or main highway doing low to mid 90's in perfect weather etc.....frustration city. A handful of riders would usually take off a bit quicker and ride at more normal speeds...only to be chastised later at the monthly meetings at the Cashmere Club.

On the plus side, the Club has some really great people and then there is the free training every 2nd weekend, run by Steve Orpwood, a very talented man. Those interested should check it out.

Bike
    MVs & Ducatis
    Quote Originally Posted by trufflebutter View Post
    IIRC - IMHO - FYI it's all relative. What is normal for the spider seems chaos for the fly. IYKWIM.
    Ridden many times with OAB, yet to see him put a wheel into the danger zone.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    i operate on the assumption that they don't want to get filthy checking shit, the half inch covering of mud and road grime is also probably holding several important bits in.
    The usual policy for those places ... is then to water blast the bike before ... and charge you extra for the privilege ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I have never come across a slow moving group ride either. Maybe thats how they would all ride if their was no pressure or ego to keep up or maybe the group ride was for a funeral.
    Define what you mean by slow.

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    I have never come across a slow moving group ride either. Maybe thats how they would all ride if their was no pressure or ego to keep up or maybe the group ride was for a funeral.
    Not going to be long and you guys are going to get very very tired of this shit.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    you probably couldn't catch up to a slow group

Bike
    uKTM Tiger 800xc
    got passed by HW61 gang once on some tight twisties (I was slowing down for a mate), they were trying to intimidate the two boys on the Austrian bikes I think. They rode past as close as you cloud without actually hitting me, then overtook cars and a truck on mass on a blind corner. I'd call them nutcase tosspots cept I'm worried they might come looking for me.......those boys like to dish it out but don't seem to like getting it served up.....tosspots....ohh I never said that
    ....wherezz that track go

Bike
    Kawasaki
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    you probably couldn't catch up to a slow group
    It just wouldn't be safe because of the added pressure.

Bike
    the best one
    Patched/gang bikers are the worst. I once had an encounter with a bunch of them at the Tauranga turnoff south of Bombay when me a mate were heading to do the Coromandel loop.
    The whole herd of them were going 130-140 and passing us aggressively just as we were turning. Then they proceeded to overtake cars on shoulder lanes, double yellows, cars in opposite direction flashing their lights etc etc. Their antics and manic riding then disappeared from our view and they probably ended up in some field having butt sex with each other because that's what they like to do in prison.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MVnut View Post
    Unfortunately not a fantasy. Canterbury Branch....imagine a group of 40 or 50 bikes, mainly cruisers, on the motorway or main highway doing low to mid 90's in perfect weather etc.....frustration city. A handful of riders would usually take off a bit quicker and ride at more normal speeds...only to be chastised later at the monthly meetings at the Cashmere Club.

On the plus side, the Club has some really great people and then there is the free training every 2nd weekend, run by Steve Orpwood, a very talented man. Those interested should check it out.
    That gives rise to several thoughts. Firstly, it might be a Canterbury thing, you do seem to have some strange people down there. Is there still a lot of inbreeding?
    We do note too that Canterbury keeps pinching our rugby players.

Secondly, 40 or 50 bikes is a really good number, my local branch would be jealous of a turnout like that. The group rides here used to be at a good pace but then to accommodate a "born again" and a lady rider things were slowed down, not to below 100kph but too slow for me. The most recent ride I went on was a joint effort between two branches and at the start there seemed to be a hold up. The two guys parked adjacent to me gestured up the road so off the three of us went, we had a nice brisk ride. I assume the other twenty whatever travelled at a somewhat more relaxed pace.

If I was in a group that travelled at less than 100kph for no reason, there wouldn't be a second time. As you say that would be dangerous.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    1969 Honda S90
    Next time one of those patched up HD riders pulls their favourite stunt of overtaking me within 2 inches of the mirror on my ute,I might just have an involuntary spasm in my right arm reducing the 2 inches to zero.

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
    Next time one of those patched up HD riders pulls their favourite stunt of overtaking me within 2 inches of the mirror on my ute,I might just have an involuntary spasm in my right arm reducing the 2 inches to zero.
    Just repay the favor mate. They don't seem to like being carved up at twice their speed.

Bike
    2004ZX6R

Bike
    S1000RR
    Funny nobody has yet mentioned anything about wheelies

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Thread Information