Thread: Shoei NXR / RF1200 / Z7 - Terminus TC-9 Med NEW

Bike
    Daytona

Shoei NXR / RF1200 / Z7 - Terminus TC-9 Med NEW

Hey all,

I purchased this helmet from Ebay after hunting for this specific design around all the local bike shops with no luck. Its the Z7 model (japanese version) which I was assured was exactly the same sizing as the NXR. Nope...

It runs slightly smaller that the NXR, so if you are a small-medium, this would be ideal. Its a gorgeous lid and im gutted it wont work for me.

Anyway, im looking to send her back in the next few days and take the hit on GST and shipping charges. So if anyone is interested, let me know. It comes with the usual gear; pinlock insert, some oil, extra pads etc.

I have tried it on in my lounge just the once.

Cheers!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s-l1600.jpg 
Views:	1179 
Size:	156.6 KB 
ID:	327917

Bike
    1999 Yamaha R1
    Sorry to hear about your experience. A sales guy did warn me about this when I was buying a helmet last year.

He also mentioned that some manufacturers sell different helmets in the US and Europe, as American heads are a different shape. Didn't sound right to me, but it's a strange world.

Sent from somewhere using Tapatalk

Bike
    72 Kawasaki A7, 05 Kawasaki W650
    If you want to salvage this thing you could always buy thinner cheek/top pads from ebay. These helmets are very "modular" in their sizing.

Bike
    Daytona
    Quote Originally Posted by Moise View Post
    Sorry to hear about your experience. A sales guy did warn me about this when I was buying a helmet last year.

He also mentioned that some manufacturers sell different helmets in the US and Europe, as American heads are a different shape. Didn't sound right to me, but it's a strange world.

Sent from somewhere using Tapatalk
    Cheers. I knew the risk and took a punt, ah well. I've read DOT Shoeis demand a unique shell shape but was convinced the others were the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Gayner View Post
    If you want to salvage this thing you could always buy thinner cheek/top pads from ebay. These helmets are very "modular" in their sizing.
    Not a bad idea; unfortunately I was on the verge of nabbing a L so this lid would only work with minimal/no pads.

Thread Information