Thread: Ruapuna Track days?

Bike
    '17 Duke 390

Ruapuna Track days?

I've recently acquired my first (road legal) motorbike and am interested in doing some track days but I'm stumped as to how I find out when they're on and how I attend one. Do I join a club? Do the tracks hold ones open to the public and what do I need to do to my bike to attend one. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Anyone used to be able to go out there on Tuesdays and Fridays and pay your money, sign a form and ride all day. Now that's changed and I believe the only day they have the track open is Friday, and unfortunately no road bikes allowed. You also now need a race license and belong to a club. So the only option left is 'have-a-go days', not sure how many of these happen but I believe Trevor Pierce Yamaha hold a few.

Events Calendar:

http://www.canterburycarclub.co.nz/events/

New rules:

http://www.canterburycarclub.co.nz/track/test-days/

Bike
    '17 Duke 390
    Bloody hell that's rough!
    Alright it looks like I'll have to save a few dollars up and see what I can do. Thanks for your help

Bike
    less than I used to have
    ...Join a club. get a licence. buy a cheap postie or build one...become involved in the greatest sport of all, make friends, spend all your money on something worthwhile...you know you want to...just do it, make the change that you will never ever regret...a bucket is more fun than anything else you could imagine doing...go on , do it...

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by jdz89 View Post
    Alright it looks like I'll have to save a few dollars up and see what I can do. Thanks for your help
    I have a Ruapuna Have A Go Day in my calendar for 12 February. It has given me motivation to get my NC30 running and ready. (which it sorta is).

The one before that was a Trevor Pierce one I went to on my Triumph which was excellent.

Honda (not the useless cunts at Crapsblots, Honda Riders Club aka Blue Wang) used to do them but they care not for their customers.

By the way, its worthwhile making the trek to Levels too.

I will be taking a bike on a car and a trailer and tools and shit and happy to help you out if you need it.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by ellipsis View Post
    ...Join a club. get a licence. buy a cheap postie or build one...become involved in the greatest sport of all, make friends, spend all your money on something worthwhile...you know you want to...just do it, make the change that you will never ever regret...a bucket is more fun than anything else you could imagine doing...go on , do it...
    yeah the one thing I would say is that for the cost of chucking your nice road bike up the track you can buy an entire race bike that you dont have to register. Plus it gives you the option of racing if you want to.

Bike
    '17 Duke 390
    You guys are legends, thanks for all your help.
    I have a broken wrist at the moment from a Sidecar (Speedway) accident so I won't be doing anything to soon but I am really keen on some have a go days and potentially some bucket racing. We'll have to see how things go over the next month or so.

Bike
    Street Triple R
    thought I better have a look at the motorcycling canterbury site - I have to say it isnt that great.

the only mention of a HAGD I can find is for January 2016. I do have a little flyer thing (about the size of a business card) I picked up from abike shop that shows it as 12 Feb 17. ... buuuut it aint on the website

Bike
    a shiny new(ish) one
    trackdays are generally quite poorly advertised. I have had to go out of my way to hunt them down. Ill send you a pm with some info that might help

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by jdz89 View Post
    Yeah there were a few racers taken out by road riders n some horrific road cars turning up so I think they made a blanket rule.

There is definitely one coming up for MCI next month.

As for getting into bucket racing you can get out for free in the training class at a MCI meetings to give it a crack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
    less than I used to have
    ...And next Sat 21st, CAMS have a club day with plenty of classes and racing going on...come a out and have a look...

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by ellipsis View Post
    ...And next Sat 21st, CAMS have a club day with plenty of classes and racing going on...come a out and have a look...
    Damn right, #91 will be out in buckets trying for a win

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Re Ruapuna, our office is there.

They have had to crack down due to increased bureaucracy. Health and safety etc.

We used to be able to take clients out for informal sessions. No more. No H&S plan, no track time.

Don't blame the track folk. Blame bureaucracy.

Thread Information