Thread: Fogging goggles?

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries

Fogging goggles?

Leave them in yer gear bag if it looks like rain.

I always used googles. I don't like the idea of no eye protection and besides my eyes water at more than walking pace. Also actual rain at 50 kph is painful.

So a riding mate put me onto safety glasses. Don't offer much in the way of dust protection but if its raining no drama. I leave a pair in my camelbak in case but like today from the off it was raining so I wore them.

Half as much fogging as googles, they clear easier and you can even wipe the inside lense with a gloved thumb on the move. In the tight going you can look over them if you really need to.

When the get scratched another tenner will replace them.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    When the get scratched another tenner will replace them.
    well, thank china you're filling our landfills. otherwise the chinese economy might collapse and we'd run out of toxic petro-plastics to put into the soil and water.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Oh lordy. Shall we go examine your trash?

Bike
    KX450 Motard/Flat Track KTM150SX H2R
    i always wear googles trail riding or racing, cant stand riding with out them at any decent speed,

there are some not bad anti fog products available, I dont get much fogging, if I have to sit still for a while ill take them off,

Bike
    '11 KTM 300 EXC
    So a riding mate put me onto safety glasses. Don't offer much in the way of dust protection but if its raining no drama.
    yeah i've used them for a few years, much more airflow so they don't fog up as much and the orange/amber ones definitely brighten the view on a rainy day. good at tangimoana yesterday.

although i'm not sure i would have copped the stone to the face if i was wearing my larger googles.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    In a serious accident they would be more likely to scratch your face which is true probably more so with prescription glasses. But not being able to see has bigger risks.

Tinted? I hate glare and wear sunnies when when driving to the event or dark visor roadbike but stick with clear as forest entry happen quickly. How do you find orange tint there?

Drained pretty well on that sand base huh?

Bike
    '11 KTM 300 EXC
    Tinted? I hate glare and wear sunnies when when driving to the event or dark visor roadbike but stick with clear as forest entry happen quickly. How do you find orange tint there?
    as one web site put it, amber lenses: filters blue light for superior contrast, shadow definition and depth perception. Not too sure the safety glasses are built with same properties but they do seem to make everything brighter and i had no problems in the trees.

Drained pretty well on that sand base huh?
    after seeing all the pools of water in paddocks on the way up we were semi expecting it to be cancelled, but it was almost perfect.

Bike
    SXF250
    Oakley Airbrake, ended fogging for me ( don't try the anti fog ones, they get misted in the middle & that's way worse, you could argue leaving them in the ute overnight going into a frosty morning didn't help ).

Now stopping the rain on the front, I have never found a solution for that. I did hear about putting fine netting on the front, but never tried it.

Bike
    miWhodeXD

Fogging goggles cure

I wear specks under my goggles and as I'm old, and sweat when trying to ride my dirtbike, I have had endless fogging issues in any weather. Fortunately, I tried drilling small holes around the edges of my goggles - bottom and sides (about 1mm dia. and 1cm apart) and that has cured all my fogging issues. Takes a few minutes and costs nothing. I've also had no problems with dust and no wind issues to cause watery eyes.

Bike
    miWhodeXD

Drilled Goggles photo

My current dirtbike goggles:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017-02-11 15.16.29.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	821.3 KB 
ID:	328519

I started with these few holes, expecting to need to add more. I haven't had to. No fogging problems .

Thread Information