Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Importing bike from USA?

Bike
    18 Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by YellowDog View Post
    I use Coventry Group in Porana Road.
    Did 3 cars last year and the last bike was in 2008. The AA closed their compliance on Archers Rd and Ashley now does (or did) it freelance for Coventry Group.

I was getting trade prices for cars. I think a bike costs around $250 now. Could be wrong

Bike
    bucket of rusty old Italian bolts
    Is this Coventry Group at Unit F, 21 Porana Road? I googled them to try to find them, and could only find them on the companies register as Coventry Motors ltd and Coventry Marine, where it says "inactive" for Coventry Motors, but "active" for Marine. Did the close down the car section?

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by MGST View Post
    Is this Coventry Group at Unit F, 21 Porana Road? I googled them to try to find them, and could only find them on the companies register as Coventry Motors ltd and Coventry Marine, where it says "inactive" for Coventry Motors, but "active" for Marine. Did the close down the car section?
    That sounds about right. They are at the Pack n Save end, not the other PB Tech end. They don't have a motorcycle guy there every day, so it is worth booking it in. 094431966

Bike
    bucket of rusty old Italian bolts
    I'll give them a call tomorrow. Thanks.

Bike
    Ktm sd gt
    Just out of interest, how much would it cost to freight a bike from the US, (just a ball park) It's on the bucket list to tour the lower states, even South America and would be cool to bring the ride home. A mate did the whole Mexico,sleep by the road 2 rifles and trench coat thing.... kinda appeals to me.

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by v twin View Post
    Just out of interest, how much would it cost to freight a bike from the US, (just a ball park) It's on the bucket list to tour the lower states, even South America and would be cool to bring the ride home. A mate did the whole Mexico,sleep by the road 2 rifles and trench coat thing.... kinda appeals to me.
    Stop talking about it and do it!!!!!!

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by v twin View Post
    www.kiwishipping.co.nz charged me US$495 in 2008 to ship a brand new bike over

It might have gone up a bit

Bike
    Ktm sd gt
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    Stop talking about it and do it!!!!!!
    It's sitting at #4, all in good time shagger

Bike
    2012 Road King
    Blog Entries

Importing bike from us

Quote Originally Posted by YellowDog View Post
    www.kiwishipping.co.nz charged me US$495 in 2008 to ship a brand new bike over

It might have gone up a bit
    I used Kiwi Shipping, great to deal with. Importing is not hard at all, only thing I had to change was the headlight bulb as in us on dip beam dips to right and in NZ must dip to left and that was all

Bike
    KTM
    ROUGHLY how much was it to import, man?

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by rebyl View Post
    I used Kiwi Shipping, great to deal with. Importing is not hard at all, only thing I had to change was the headlight bulb as in us on dip beam dips to right and in NZ must dip to left and that was all
    I budgeted for a reflector upgrade, however it turned out the bike had asynchronous beams, which are all good for LHD & RHD

Bike
    2012 Road King
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MGST View Post
    Who would you recommend for inspection these days? I need 2 bikes I brought from OZ inspected. Rung the usual VTNZ / VINZ / AA, but they all want me to leave the bikes there for a couple of days. Not happening, rare and ultra rare bikes, don't get left unattended. Need someone who is happy for me to hang around while they do the inspection.
    Last time I bought one in I was a bit cheeky and slapped some kiwi plates on it rode it back from Shipping yard at Petone and took it to VTNZ in Te Awamutu and they did it while i waited, I did book it in though. I would not leave anything unattended as it is probably uninsured until Registered

Bike
    KTM
    Last time I bought one in I was a bit cheeky and slapped some kiwi plates on it rode it back from Shipping yard at Petone and took it to VTNZ in Te Awamutu and they did it while i waited, I did book it in though. I would not leave anything unattended as it is probably uninsured until Registered
    ROUGHLY how much did it cost to import the bike from US to NZ?

Bike
    2012 Road King
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Sichoe View Post
    ROUGHLY how much did it cost to import the bike from US to NZ?
    iT WAS BACK IN 2007 THAT i BOUGHT BIKE IN THE sTATES, RODE IT FOR 10,000 MILES AND BOUGHT IT HOME. MEMORY A BIT FUZZY BUT THINK IT WAS ABOUT $2000.00 BACK THEN. GIVE KIWI SHIPPING A CALL...SORRY JUST REALISED HAVE MY CAPS LOCK ON

Bike
    KTM
    iT WAS BACK IN 2007 THAT i BOUGHT BIKE IN THE sTATES, RODE IT FOR 10,000 MILES AND BOUGHT IT HOME. MEMORY A BIT FUZZY BUT THINK IT WAS ABOUT $2000.00 BACK THEN. GIVE KIWI SHIPPING A CALL...SORRY JUST REALISED HAVE MY CAPS LOCK ON
    $2k huh, that's pretty sweet

thanks!

Thread Information