Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lane splitting surprise.

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Nah. You're giving the twats too much credit. They just hate to see somebody doing better than them. They're stuck and you aren't? Instant hate.
    Its the downside of driving a ton of metal with 4 seats. On the plus side you can text, update your FB, apply makeup, drink coffee, have a burger and be in air conditioned comfort.

I find on my Highbrook Drive lanesplit ( its chocca after 4:00 PM, that cars and even the other day an articulated truck moved over for me. I do give an wave to show appreciation for such actions.
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    Back in the '80's ... a guy tried that on me on the Hutt motorway near Lower Hutt. He was still rolling about 20 km/hr ... and I was passing about 30 km/hr. He had a stiff southerly behind him as he was heading to Upper Hutt. The wind did some damage as the wind pulled the door out of his hand. But the Suzuki GS1000 flattened the door against his front mudguard. No damage to the bike.

I bet he never tried it again.
    The little limit arm has very small pins on it. Would not be hard to shear those off.
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    a 400 and a 650 :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
    ... I find on my Highbrook Drive lanesplit (it's chocca after 4:00 PM) that cars and even the other day an articulated truck moved over for me. I do give an wave to show appreciation for such actions.
    Do it on your Vespa...

and you could imagine you're in Roma...

Bike
    2015, Yamaha R3
    I wouldn't be too worried.. If he can't close his boot, he probably cant figure out how to open door either.

I looked him up, did a bit of research. Looks like a twig and plays kids games on his phone/tablet (twitter). And he looks like one of those entitled-jerks that likes to quote legislation to get his way or appear factual (cached posts from multiple sources), instead of holding down a job (linkedin) for more than a few months. I'd wager the chances of him man'ing up to his words would be small, somewhere between his biceps and his IQ.

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by Moi View Post
    Do it on your Vespa...

and you could imagine you're in Roma...

Embedded link removed to reduce stress levels of over worked moderators
    So far any time I try any ' fancy maneuver I end up in neutral or miss a gear....friggen twist shifters.
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    '17 GSX-R750 L7
    Quote Originally Posted by CJR View Post
    I wouldn't be too worried.. If he can't close his boot, he probably cant figure out how to open door either.

I looked him up, did a bit of research. Looks like a twig and plays kids games on his phone/tablet (twitter). And he looks like one of those entitled-jerks that likes to quote legislation to get his way or appear factual (cached posts from multiple sources), instead of holding down a job (linkedin) for more than a few months. I'd wager the chances of him man'ing up to his words would be small, somewhere between his biceps and his IQ.
    Oh yeah I can't see him following through with it. Just surprised me how angry some people seem to be with the idea.

Bike
    2015, Yamaha R3
    Quote Originally Posted by sopachrga View Post
    Oh yeah I can't see him following through with it. Just surprised me how angry some people seem to be with the idea.
    I think it's normal these days, people get mad at what they're unable to understand.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Seen all sorts of nutter struff on roads and all sorts of people using their vehicles as offensive weapons....

Have FB friend who works for Transit NZ... she thinks its fine to impede tailgators or brake chceck them, damn the consequences to other innocent road users because of her actions or a frustrated drivers actions. Now if we've got that atoitude from a law abiding choild raising person.... what hope have we got from real nutters....
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    I'm surprised that you are surprised.

It's not some god given right.

I don't ride through town a lot, when I do I am very selective about lane splitting or creeping (as it creeping past a long row of cars on the outside to get to the front).

I've seen some plainly stupid lane splitting by motorcycles while crawling along in my car - activity that pisses me off and I ride! For example the prat with a skull face mask lane splitting and pushing in car mirrors to get through......

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    Have FB friend who works for Transit NZ... she thinks its fine to impede tailgators or brake chceck them, damn the consequences to other innocent road users because of her actions or a frustrated drivers actions. Now if we've got that atoitude from a law abiding choild raising person.... what hope have we got from real nutters....
    Here's an interesting one: http://legislation.govt.nz/regulatio...resel_25_a&p=1

So that line of people tailgating each other preventing others from passing... all breaking the rules...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    is this new gay-stalker-cunt shit™ now considered socially acceptable? or normal?

seems like some gay stalkerish cunt shit to me.

Bike
    2015, Yamaha R3
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    seems like some gay stalkerish cunt shit to me.
    Acquainted with with gay cunt shit are ya?

Acceptable and normal appear to be rather varied terms on these forums mate. All sorts of horses here.

Bike
    Mine
    Quote Originally Posted by mossy1200 View Post
    We all know riding is risky ...
    I wish people would stop saying this. Especially riders. Risk of injury if you have an accident may be higher but when performed with due care and attention the risk of having an accident in the first place is no higher then driving a car.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin (1706-90)

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending to much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"Motorcycling is not inherently dangerous. It is, however, EXTREMELY unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence and stupidity!" - Anonymous

"Live to Ride, Ride to Live"

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Acquainted with with gay cunt shit are ya?

Acceptable and normal appear to be rather varied terms on these forums mate. All sorts of horses here.
    but one way and another, YOU feel it's OK to stalk someone like that?

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    Seen all sorts of nutter struff on roads and all sorts of people using their vehicles as offensive weapons....

I've been guilty of brake checking twats.

i tend not to engage in behaviours that could be detrimental to my self or others, but sometimes, when I'm in a bigfuckentruck™ and some cunt thinks that being 2 feet off my bumper is a good idea, that their weapon is better at accelerating and braking, i put it to the test. amazing the gap that opens up and how quickly.

but generally i just gtfo the way, i'd rather not be involved in their accident.

Thread Information