Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cornering question

Bike
    Kawasaki
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    Or needing to put a foot down could be seen as a safe alternative to risk dropping the bike if you dont have enough speed up on a tight bend.
    Yes, it's probably safer. You'll have to keep an eye on your mirrors though, you don't want to be rear ended by a group of lycra clad cyclists.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Oh God, You weren't trolling Cassina...

Here's a picture of your perfect bike...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wnd_77a10746bee4086f65846d5c2ff05f1e.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	40.7 KB 
ID:	328109
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    I give you the Sidewinder.

Problems solved...
    Manopausal.

Bike
    GSX-R 750
    At least I was able to offer some advice unlike you so I would give your effort a definite fail.
    No, no advice trumps bad advice every single time!!!

Bike
    GSX-R 750
    Or needing to put a foot down could be seen as a safe alternative to risk dropping the bike if you dont have enough speed up on a tight bend.
    Shirley, if its that tight and ya goin that slow, youll be all but upright in which case the bike aint gonna fall over is it. If its still getting a bit wobbly then employ the old rear brake while holding throttle kinda like you learn as one of the first tricks when you used to be tested for the slow ride to get your license, numbnuts.

Oh btw, that was advice so with that out of the way but with points deducted for being a cnut, thats a

D-

Bike
    Kawasaki
    ...and some of us apply critical thinking before believing everything we read on the internet.

Bike
    bandit
    At least I was able to offer some advice unlike you so I would give your effort a definite fail.
    Yeah .. but cornering at the advised speed? Shit I generally double the advised speed and corner at that ... You do realize that the "advise speed" is set for the maximum comfort of a passenger in the back seat of a car ...

Yeah I know learner riders will not corner at double the advised speed .. but trying it at the advised speed you are more likely to fall off that doing it a bit faster ..
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by 5ive View Post
    ...and some of us apply critical thinking before believing everything we read on the internet.
    True - just listen to what old Abe had to say on it...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Abraham-Lincoln-quote.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	75.4 KB 
ID:	328111
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    Kawasaki H2A 1973
    Quote Originally Posted by red_wolf626 View Post
    After watching videos of sports bikes take corners (i.e shifting weight in seat, putting knee out, huge lean, knee almost on ground) is this only a way that sports bike should take corners or is this recommended for any bike?

Like I understand that you have to lean into the corners but if you don't have a sports bike is it ok to be going to that extreme angle or should you just do more of a gentle lean?

And also if you are leaning into a corner, is there a speed (too slow) when the bike will just tip over due to forces acting on it not being strong enough? So really you have to take a corner at a decent speed?

Thanks
    What I see from this is that you obviously have no idea how to corner on a motorcycle....not such a bad thing for a learner, but you must go to a riding course. First hand instruction and explanation is what you need, not the internet.....internet is shit way to learn to ride.

Hopefully your instructor will teach you the basics (and more) the correct way. It is much harder to unlearn shit than learn the correct way first time.

So find a riding school with good reputation and go from there.

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by KawasakiKid View Post

Hopefully your instructor will teach you the basics (and more) the correct way. It is much harder to unlearn shit than learn the correct way first time.

So find a riding school with good reputation and go from there.
    This is absolutely the best advice. I see you're from Wellington. Look up the Two Bald Bikers website - these guys are seriously good trainers right up to advanced level.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    any bike, any corner, balls to the wall, limit of control. Pin it to win it.
    this. always this.
    rbgiafp
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    Please for the love of God tell me that you are being Sarcastic or are Trolling.
    nerp. fuckwit level9000
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    Here's a picture of your perfect bike...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]
    needs more torques down low

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by red_wolf626 View Post
    After watching videos of sports bikes take corners (i.e shifting weight in seat, putting knee out, huge lean, knee almost on ground) is this only a way that sports bike should take corners or is this recommended for any bike?

Like I understand that you have to lean into the corners but if you don't have a sports bike is it ok to be going to that extreme angle or should you just do more of a gentle lean?

And also if you are leaning into a corner, is there a speed (too slow) when the bike will just tip over due to forces acting on it not being strong enough? So really you have to take a corner at a decent speed?

Thanks
    Also, wolfy, since you're not to know, but cassina is a grade-A fuckwit and nothing it ever says should be taken seriously ever.

this is for your own safety. cassina has crashed over9000 times. (and failed to learn a damn thing from it, next crash in 3...2...)
    please, for the love of god do not take it seriously.

also, i'm picking you're young and internetty.
    watching videos on youtube will not learn you to ride.

Bike
    A Japper
    It was actually another poster who said to put your leg out for balance and I agreed with him having done it without coming to grief in a tight low speed bend. Some of us sort of think outside the square rather than restricting ourselves to only the riding school way that many on here think is the only way.

Thanks for the entertainment.

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Fred Flintstone walks his bike. It's not great technique.

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Step one to riding your new motorcycle: Don't ask KB how to ride it ........

Ironically one of the really annoying things I see on the road is someone hanging off the seat, knee out and they are going slow around a corner ....... like posted speed slow! WTF.

Thread Information