Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cornering question

Bike
    Kawasaki
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I bet there are far more riders in the cemetery as a result of exceeding the recomended speed on bends than those sticking to it. If poster 1 takes your advice as a beginner rider they will likely end up in the cemetery too.
    Most likely!

http://cemeterycircuit.co.nz/

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zedder View Post
    Thanks for the entertainment.
    Rastus, you should have left your original post up, it is absolutely relevant.

Are you lot seriously happy to see what this fool spouts, posted up as actual Advice?

Once again, advice that can and would KILL a novice, if applied the way this moron has espoused it.

Oh, but they're a Troll, they don't really mean it! Really?

They say it with hand held over their black hole of a chest cavity, where there is neither warmth or empathy.

red_wolf26. Do not emulate the F wit who told you it's OK to put your foot out, they did it, it worked, lucky they didn't end up with a busted leg and a broken bike. Wait! the answer!
    Go practice what you already know to be good advice, ask on here, ask older, more experienced riders, go and do road riding courses, join a regular quiet group ride, where the older/more experienced riders will show you how to do things safely but for the love of God, do not listen to a single thing cassina says, got it?
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Quote Originally Posted by caseye View Post
    I'm posting from my phone. I went back to correct a typo and the post deleted.

The problem I see is new folk watching the Motorcycle GP and thinking that's the way to corner.

Those guys are riding on tracks like carpet, on bikes that cost a gazillion dollars, and with experience coming out their ears. With the added benefit of safety run off areas, and nobody coming the other way around that corner.

The road is no place to race.

https://youtu.be/VruWHHEnZGw

Track habits are not a good idea on the road.

Just sayin.

Bike
    Dont have one now
    Group rides....go on large group rides.....the peer group pressure to keep up sharpens your skills and weeds out the fags that cant ride....

seriously, the only advice you should take here is get some training....you sound too fresh to be listening to the likes of Cassina

Bike
    A Japper
    Quote Originally Posted by caseye View Post

Are you lot seriously happy to see what this fool spouts, posted up as actual Advice?

Once again, advice that can and would KILL a novice, if applied the way this moron has espoused it.

Oh, but they're a Troll, they don't really mean it! Really?

They say it with hand held over their black hole of a chest cavity, where there is neither warmth or empathy.

Why use my post?

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Is there an L plate moderator on the job? Some posts went straight to pink Hell and they weren't even unduly disrespectful of anybody.

There is one danger with dragging a foot while moving. The late Doctor John Hinds pointed out in a lecture to other medical staff that with a motorcycle crash victim it's always possible that they will have a separated pelvis. The injury being caused by the rider putting a foot down. The speed at which this happens is probably rather greater than 20kph but once you're out of first gear you shouldn't be putting your foot down anyway. Motard riders excepted.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Is there an L plate moderator on the job? Some posts went straight to pink Hell and they weren't even unduly disrespectful of anybody.

There is one danger with dragging a foot while moving. The late Doctor John Hinds pointed out in a lecture to other medical staff that with a motorcycle crash victim it's always possible that they will have a separated pelvis. The injury being caused by the rider putting a foot down. The speed at which this happens is probably rather greater than 20kph but once you're out of first gear you shouldn't be putting your foot down anyway. Motard riders excepted.

Yup, I wanted to post a pic of foot dragging and boom, pinko, commie, subversive land. Bit miffed really, I've been on my best behaviour since the New Year.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Dragging your foot? What? Can't you ride like an adult?

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    For fucks sake sport I was not the only one that agreed with doing this. We may actually both be more experienced riders than you and know how it can be done safely which you obviously don't. If he takes your and the other posters advice on here that agree with you, on a bend if he has not got up enough speed on he will drop his bike as opposed to taking our advise to put his foot out to maintain balance. Most single bike deaths on bends are actually caused by too much speed and not too little did you know?

FFS, what have you got against riding a bike properly? You post drivel, in a language which resembles English, which could endanger inexperienced riders. You regularly espouse that training can be detrimental and after your many offs, advocate experience as the way to go. You have a totally unique perspective of riding which really should be kept to yourself.

You also have a unique perspective on interpreting other members posts which is very occasionally entertaining by demonstration of your experience and the tires up consequences.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    If you read my post again I specifically mentioned low speed 20km bends and certainly on no faster bends. I only remembered doing it on one anyway that was a tight uphill narrow left hand bend.
    If you read mine again I do acknowledge your 20kph. And if it's all the same to you, reading your post once was more than enough.

Another problem with dragging a foot is that in an emergency we tend to do what we do habitually. If you drag a foot a low speed you are likely to do it at high speed in extremis. But OK it was ony once, perhaps you shouldn't even have mentioned it in the circumstances.

I'm astounded that you seem to think you might have more experience than Rastus. I don't agree with everything he says, but that's a really ummm bold(?) claim.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post

I'm astounded that you seem to think you might have more experience than Rastus. I don't agree with everything he says, but that's a really ummm bold(?) claim.
    bold is one word.

"fucken stupid" would do, too.

i mean fuck, rastus only teaches people how to ride... cassey... well, uhh, he's got this WOF guy...

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    If you read my post again I specifically mentioned low speed 20km bends and certainly on no faster bends. I only remembered doing it on one anyway that was a tight uphill narrow left hand bend.
    Found any (advised) 15 km/hr corners yet .. ???
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    Found any (advised) 15 km/hr corners yet .. ???

Yup. Not worthy of a quick dab, though. The 20kmh corner before hand is enough to temper the enthusiasm.

Speaking of cornering, has anyone noticed that their are no speed advisory's on gravel road corners? Well, not many. 100kmh road, loose surface, big inclines, hairpins, no caution signs.............. Nirvana.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    GSXR1000
    It was actually another poster who said they did it or recomended doing it and I was just agreeing with them that it worked for me too.
    Hey I'm just assuming here but I think you missed the sarcasm...

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Yes took my 750 up the Coronet Peak road years ago but I dont remember if I had to put my foot down for balance or not.

There are a couple seriously tight steep little buggers on the lower Queenstown side of the Cardrona hill

Shit that's weird as I was heading down the tight bits in the car 10 or so days ago and two bikes coming up - one had his/her foot out .....

That's some freaky Cassina Southern cousin shit going on right there!

Thread Information