Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Harley Day Out

Bike
    R1200RT LC

Harley Day Out

We are doing a Ride Forever Course for 12 Harley 500 riders shortly in Christchurch.

We will be riding Harleys too.

These ones.

I love my job.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CVO Breakout.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	778.1 KB 
ID:	328255Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Harley Cruiser.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	778.4 KB 
ID:	328256

To all the haters, eat yer hearts out.

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    We are doing a Ride Forever Course for 12 Harley 500 riders shortly in Christchurch.

We will be riding Harleys too.

These ones.

I love my job.

To all the haters, eat yer hearts out.
    Noice bikes Rastus, be gentle on em, aye, told they break pretty easy.Enjoy the ride lads.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Just make sure you wear pants under your chaps ....

Or a Vegas Elvis suit. Yeah that will suit the Hog.

Bike
    my little pony
    Ride For Ever on a hardly, that's a long destructation, I mean journey.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    but i like it becuase it is bitter. and because it is my heart.

Bike
    W650 sidecar & HD Fat Bob
    Take that Fat Bob instead that's sitting in the back ground.

Bike
    my little pony
    Saw a Harley burnout fail last weekend, snapped drive belt before tyre tortured.

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    98% of all Harleys are still on the road...

... the other 2% made it home.

Bonus points if you use in a crowd of Harley riders... their reaction was a mixture of "bastard" and "I can't believe he just said that"
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldrider View Post
    Saw a Harley burnout fail last weekend, snapped drive belt before tyre tortured.
    I saw a snapped drive belt at the side of the road near Kaiapoi a couple of weeks back. It looked mightily similar to a HD belt.

Could have been off anything though. Like, a combine harvester, sort of thing.

Belts are softer than chains. I haven't had a chain on a bike for 15 years, it's all been BMW belts and shafts. I've had no belts snap, and no final drive malfunctions. Despite all the cyber experts telling me I would.

Perception is a lot different to reality.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    I presume you will have a car following with a trailer?

Just make sure the trailer is one of the ones that squat down, Harleys are a bit heavy to push up normal trailers.

Bike
    It was on the good
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    I saw a snapped drive belt at the side of the road near Kaiapoi a couple of weeks back. It looked mightily similar to a HD belt.

Could have been off anything though. Like, a combine harvester, sort of thing.
    And you tell us not to take the piss.

Bike
    R1200GSA
    life sucks eh, might want to think about getting a couple of front teeth pulled and a tat or two. I am pretty sure you can order clip ons for a Harley online

http://www.partycity.com/product/red...?navSet=279660
    Life is not measured by how many breaths you take, but how many times you have your breath taken away

Bike
    R1200RT LC

Exhibit A

I'm guessing it's from a bike, but it might not be.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170201_090200.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	834.0 KB 
ID:	328262

Having said this, all the road warriors on here who bag Harleys are missing the point. Harley's are a brand with massive loyalty, and they fit a big niche in the motorcycle world. Each to their own.

I happen to not like a variety of other bikes, but each to their own.

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    HD bashing - nah, just a series of digs at our riding brothers. Wait until KB starts on Hondas ....

I applaud you for your business sense in targeting the brand for your training sessions. Logically if I owned a cruiser I'd be more inclined to sign up to a course with similar rides. Plus it occurs to me after recent observations over the holiday period that there is indeed an awareness of your rides capability needed as a refresher. Your HD will not accelerate past four cars at the same rate as the V4 Aprilia your mate is riding....

If you run a Ducati based course would the first 20 minutes be a talk about coordination your riding gear to ensure a stylish appearance?

Belts.

Hmmm it does say USA. Could be a engine belt off a V8 - plenty fatting out to the Rangioria show last weekend.

Rear belt drives are well proved technology now. Oddly they are become almost compulsory on cruisers, even the latest Ducati X-Diavel has one.

Why? Is it because cruiser riders don't like chain oil? Or maintenance? Are belts less prone to catching tassels?

Bike
    W650 sidecar & HD Fat Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    HD bashing - nah, just a series of digs at our riding brothers. Wait until KB starts on Hondas ....

I applaud you for your business sense in targeting the brand for your training sessions. Logically if I owned a cruiser I'd be more inclined to sign up to a course with similar rides. Plus it occurs to me after recent observations over the holiday period that there is indeed an awareness of your rides capability needed as a refresher. Your HD will not accelerate past four cars at the same rate as the V4 Aprilia your mate is riding....

If you run a Ducati based course would the first 20 minutes be a talk about coordination your riding gear to ensure a stylish appearance?

Belts.

Hmmm it does say USA. Could be a engine belt off a V8 - plenty fatting out to the Rangioria show last weekend.

Rear belt drives are well proved technology now. Oddly they are become almost compulsory on cruisers, even the latest Ducati X-Diavel has one.

Why? Is it because cruiser riders don't like chain oil? Or maintenance? Are belts less prone to catching tassels?

Maybe a wide Belt helps to keep the rear wheel in position when the wheel bearings fail, lol

Thread Information