• 5 Blake Gillard
    KTM 450

• 72 Wayne Drake
    Kawasaki 650

• 1 Millie Drake
    Kawasaki lifan 200

Bike
    less than I used to have
    ...I'll be there with my flat tracker, and some other mates...how do we go about entering Rob, or do we just turn up and sign on...

Bike
    less than I used to have
    ...a few from down here had a bit of a practice at Ellesmere Speedway yesterday...can't wait for next Saturday...it's been a long time since I played at Ruapuna...close to two decades, but my old fucked bones are ready...they may be lying also...it's funny how the prospect of racing coming up, masks the fiscal and physical drawbacks that are associated with it...

Bike
    KX450 Motard/Flat Track KTM150SX H2R
    Quote Originally Posted by ellipsis View Post
    ...a few from down here had a bit of a practice at Ellesmere Speedway yesterday...can't wait for next Saturday...it's been a long time since I played at Ruapuna...close to two decades, but my old fucked bones are ready...they may be lying also...it's funny how the prospect of racing coming up, masks the fiscal and physical drawbacks that are associated with it...
    bike leave thursday, im flying down as i have to work, be a fun day

Bike
    less than I used to have
    ...it's gonna be a cool day...catch you then...

Bike
    less than I used to have
    ...that was cool...two flat track classes...racing against old mates on the dirt...made an older cunt feel just like a younger cunt...I had a blast...felt like real speedway happening...I even a had a couple of Tai Woffinden moments flash through the haze of hurt...

...big ups to John Brassil from down here and the Norfies who made the effort to come South...and a young girl called Millie from Timaru who was out there in FT Group 2 with me and my friends...good shit...

Bike
    ajs 350 trials
    well...… the north islanders were the class act of the night with well sorted bikes hard charging riders and big smiles
    all day !
    it was all the southern team could just to keep them in sight . two classes were run ..g1 moderns and g2 being classics and young millie drake( 14years old) .every person there had a ball!
    a big thank you to the ruapuna speedway club for inviting us ! the president said they will have us back again
    so get some bikes sorted people and come enjoy the fun!!!
    riding history into the future since ages ago.

Bike
    less than I used to have
    ...I thought I had given the dirt oval away twenty years back...obviously not...I'm a born again flat tracker...yeehaa...don't feel half as bad in the bones this morning as I had expected to be...

Bike
    KX450 Motard/Flat Track KTM150SX H2R
    awesome day , cool to see near 20 bikes out there, Drakey flew the flag for the southern guys on a bike that would owe him less than a 1/4 of what some of our bikes are worth,

full video here, i know the flat track feature is at 3.16 in .
    https://www.facebook.com/Rjptv/video...location=group

Bike
    less than I used to have
    ...thanks for putting the effort in to come down...you three put on a spectacular show...ft racing downunder, at it's best...track kind of came right, but the hallowed ground of Ruapuna is predominantly a tin top track...you made it look easy but it was everything but...you'll be back...I'm just re-evaluating my racing priorities and after last night's shits and giggles, I'm coming back to the dirt... I gave it away 18 years ago, it seemed like it was pushing shit up hill with a pointy stick to get FT racing a happening thing but more events like that will only do wonders...

...I'm gonna buy a new motor* for an old flat tracker I had 22 years ago, that has been leaning on a shed for 18 years now...Joel in Group 2 who ran an old time piece of shit wasn't far off the best speeds all night...I remember him as a young boy who came out to make up numbers all them years ago...fantastic effort all round to promote the grandest of motorcycle racing forms on the planet...I went out to make up numbers and have a bit of fun and see if the bones would handle the dirt again and all I wanted while I was on track was more horses, cubic capacity and to keep ahead or try and catch up...

*( my xmas present to me)

Bike
    ajs 350 trials
    practice at ellesmere on the 15th feb.

Bike
    less than I used to have
    ...thanks Rob...

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ellipsis View Post
    ...thanks for putting the effort in to come down...you three put on a spectacular show...ft racing downunder, at it's best...track kind of came right, but the hallowed ground of Ruapuna is predominantly a tin top track...you made it look easy but it was everything but...you'll be back...I'm just re-evaluating my racing priorities and after last night's shits and giggles, I'm coming back to the dirt... I gave it away 18 years ago, it seemed like it was pushing shit up hill with a pointy stick to get FT racing a happening thing but more events like that will only do wonders...

...I'm gonna buy a new motor* for an old flat tracker I had 22 years ago, that has been leaning on a shed for 18 years now...Joel in Group 2 who ran an old time piece of shit wasn't far off the best speeds all night...I remember him as a young boy who came out to make up numbers all them years ago...fantastic effort all round to promote the grandest of motorcycle racing forms on the planet...I went out to make up numbers and have a bit of fun and see if the bones would handle the dirt again and all I wanted while I was on track was more horses, cubic capacity and to keep ahead or try and catch up...

*( my xmas present to me)
    I rode at Te Marua (mostly) 40 years ago. Jawas and (when it would keep going) Weslake. Like you, would love to have another go. Not sure though if the body could keep up with the mind.
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    ajs 350 trials
    practice ells mere 19th feb 930 am to 3pm drinkies at leeston pub after! unfortunately I will be at the sound of thunder so wont be there

Bike
    less than I used to have
    ...pussy...

Thread Information