Thread: Top Box install

Bike
    2019 Ninja

Top Box install

Was given a 50L top box from family for the bike. They did not realise it is not a simple put it on. (nice thought though) I am thinking it maybe nice to have storage on the back as I have been using a backpack for work, gym etc.
    Would this work? http://www.hyosungparts.co.nz/collec...rack-efi-model ok price? Thanks people
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170125_152457_HDR.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	783.5 KB 
ID:	328274  

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    fifty fucken litres. on a toofiddy.

mmmmaaaaaaaaattee

Bike
    2019 Ninja
    That what it said could be wrong. Not exactly going to be taking anything heavy just gym gear work cloths a towel etc. Maybe some ready mix concrete haha

Bike
    a 400 and a 650 :-)
    Ask where it came from and go and see them and see what they suggest. There may be a universal mounting plate that can be used...

Bike
    Valkyrie 1500 ,HD softail, BMW r1150r
    Opinions are like arseholes: Everybody has got one, but that doesn't mean you got to air it in public all the time....

Bike
    ES XTZ
    My dear wife bought me 1 of those 50lt boxes so I got the Ventura Top Box Rack and fits up good...

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Aside from removing your tyres there is no single way to make a bike handle worse than a badly positioned top box. Smaller the bike the worse, and of course the heavier the weight. . , Try get it as high up and far back if you want to miss corners and lose front end.

Can you return it and swap for something more suitable?

A pack rack would be better. Better still with the pack on the pillion seat side.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    2019 Ninja
    Sadly i cant ask them for swap as they got off a deal site. No issue tho was just hoping to use for clothes and store helmet in when at the mall etc.

Bike
    a 400 and a 650 :-)
    The suggestion about the pack rack with a suitable pack is a possible solution.

If you talk to the family and explained that it's a great top box but it's not really going to work on your bike - there are valid technical reason why it's not the best option - and you'd like to sell it so you can get something which is more appropriate: do you think that would be a goer?

Or, go and see a couple of retailers and ask their advice about mounting it, they may have a solution...

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post

A pack rack would be better. Better still with the pack on the pillion seat side.
    http://www.onlykidsonly.com/wp-conte...ctures-004.jpg

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Bolt it to the pillion seat.

Bike
    SV1000, RG500, RD350
    I have a top box (looks the same). I have a Ventura pack rack frame on the bike mounted on a flat plate I made that fits into the L brackets. I see Ventura sell the same thing, made to take a top box http://www.ventura-bike.com/bike-pack-system
    The top box best thing ever for commuting - secure and convenient to keep you helmet in
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) Peace through superior firepower...
    Build your own dyno - PM me for the link of if you want to use it (bring beer)

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Aside from removing your tyres there is no single way to make a bike handle worse than a badly positioned top box. Smaller the bike the worse, and of course the heavier the weight. . , Try get it as high up and far back if you want to miss corners and lose front end.

Um, it's a Hyosung....
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    86.249 93.398 00.944
    At $104 the Hyosung rack is the cheapest thing you're going to find to get the box fitted on the bike, and being OEM it's got the best chance of actually fitting properly.

If it's just to cart clothes and stuff around and you avoid the temptation to put heavy stuff in there it should be fine, and something lockable to put your helmet in when you park is a winner.
    Riding cheap crappy old bikes badly since 1987

Tagorama maps: Transalpers map first 100 tags..................Map of tags 101-200......................Latest map, tag # 201-->

Thread Information