Thread: coil specs 110cc china horizontal engine

Bike
    07 KXF250

coil specs 110cc china horizontal engine

Hi guys

Well i scored one of those little chinese quads for about the price of the scrap metal value, anyways, its in pretty good condition and I wanted to get it going for the kids. It came to me with no spark, which wasnt really surprising as the stator cover was half full of water, carb full of water and a bit of water in the tank from sitting. Engine oil is clean and it has good compression etc.

I went and bought a new stator, cdi solenoid and flywheel, cost me all of about $65. fitted it all, rewired it some - removed all the lighting crap and the millions of kill switches and gave the loom a general tidy up as it had been hacked be someone of not very high intelligence by the looks as one of the safety switches caused a dead short when activated.

I have stripped it down to basically an ignition key which supplies power to the start button and thats it, ive taken the center wire off the cdi for now so no kill switches are possible, ive checked the trigger wire and the ac output of the new stator and continuity of the earth - all good, CDi is brand new so hopefully good there, wiring all was good there.

Last thing in the chain is the coil, the primary side tests at .5 ohms and the secondary is about 9.8kohm .. Im thinking this is the problem as I believed the primary side was meant to be about 3-5 ohms and the secondary 12k ohm + or so.. can anyone tell me the specs for one of these coils on the 110cc gems ?

Cheers
    Try to be the person your dog thinks you are

Bike
    GSXR1000
    No one? Surely someone has some idea.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    42 .

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    got spark cunt?

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Thread Information