Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I see HD Australia have given ANZA Motorcycles the see you later message.

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Aussies think they know the NZ market.
    The NZ market is quite different, quite often word of mouth and what you do defines who your customers are.

they have much higher turnover and money, compared to many NZ companies.

far to many companies been driven by accountants who have no loyalty.

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    staff
    Staff the number one problem still to face NZ.

plenty of numb nuts, not so many who can think for themselves

buildings and stock not such a problem.

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    R1200GSA
    I have had a couple of conversations with dealers and the way I heard it HD came to make the deal, not the other way around. Besides Auckland what city in NZ could sustain a single premium brand dealership like HD which has a very particular customer base? Not like Honda or Suzuki which do a bit of everything. I think if HD get too pushy with their new Wgtn outlet they might find themselves without a dealer between the Tron and ChCh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Life is not measured by how many breaths you take, but how many times you have your breath taken away

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulsterkiwi View Post
    I have had a couple of conversations with dealers and the way I heard it HD came to make the deal, not the other way around. Besides Auckland what city in NZ could sustain a single premium brand dealership like HD which has a very particular customer base? Not like Honda or Suzuki which do a bit of everything. I think if HD get too pushy with their new Wgtn outlet they might find themselves without a dealer between the Tron and ChCh.

from my casual observation of the wellington market they lost the best dealer in welly they could possibly have had.Whenever I went into WMCC there were several times more people in that shop than any other wellington shop,and at least half of them were on the harley side

Bike
    Various things

Mate, hate to tell you...but Road & Sport Hamilton, Anza in Palmy and Rolling Thunder in CH CH are/were all sole HD dealerships. And no...you heard wrong. Anza were given the arse.

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    from my casual observation of the wellington market they lost the best dealer in welly they could possibly have had.Whenever I went into WMCC there were several times more people in that shop than any other wellington shop,and at least half of them were on the harley side
    I have no doubt John Goss will make a good job of it at Motomart mate. But it takes a very long time to build up a loyal customer base like Garry and Steve had/have at WMCC.

Bike
    R1200GSA
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    Mate, hate to tell you...but Road & Sport Hamilton, Anza in Palmy and Rolling Thunder in CH CH are/were all sole HD dealerships. And no...you heard wrong. Anza were given the arse.
    Nah I expressed it badly, I mean HD was approaching dealers in Wgtn to take them on. One guy told me he just laughed at them. Another picked his own terms rather than be told how it was, which seems to be the HD MO. You can work out who that was.
    I stand corrected on the sole franchise thing but I thought ANZA had Hyosung as well. How they have been given the heave ho I have no knowledge of. My point still is though the market is too small in most parts of NZ to be tied to a single sector of it

Life is not measured by how many breaths you take, but how many times you have your breath taken away

Bike
    R100GSPD
    I have no doubt John Goss will make a good job of it at Motomart mate. But it takes a very long time to build up a loyal customer base like Garry and Steve had/have at WMCC.
    that was part of WMCC..same bike shop in welly for eons..all the others come and go....I bought 9 motorbikes from bike shops in welly and lower hutt over the years.Only one shop remains from that time

Bike
    Various things
    Nah I expressed it badly, I mean HD was approaching dealers in Wgtn to take them on. One guy told me he just laughed at them. Another picked his own terms rather than be told how it was, which seems to be the HD MO. You can work out who that was.
    I stand corrected on the sole franchise thing but I thought ANZA had Hyosung as well. How they have been given the heave ho I have no knowledge of. My point still is though the market is too small in most parts of NZ to be tied to a single sector of it

Ahhhh. I see mate! And yep, HD were sniffing around all of us in Welly. Interesting times ahead. I see in other news, HD are struggling to move their 2016 models which in turn is delaying the release of some of their new for 2017 models... Mmmmmm

Personally, I think some people in upper HD management need a new line of work.

Bike
    Various things
    that was part of WMCC..same bike shop in welly for eons..all the others come and go....I bought 9 motorbikes from bike shops in welly and lower hutt over the years.Only one shop remains from that time
    Fuck yeah. Jesus Christ, I was there for 20 years!

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Christchurch has one dedicated HD shop. Been there for years. Appear to do very well taking money from old men.

Most shops are multi brand. i think this is really good, for the shop and buyers.

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    Christchurch has one dedicated HD shop. Been there for years. Appear to do very well taking money from old men.

And therein lies HD's biggest problem world wide. Need fresh meat. In the company too I reckon.

Bike
    XT660R / TTR250 / 2 old Montesa's
    And therein lies HD's biggest problem world wide. Need fresh meat. In the company too I reckon.
    So correct... but not just for HD..
    in the late 70s early 80 30% of male licence holders also
    had a motor bike licence... now it's only 7% ...

Pete

90% of all Harleys built are still on the road... The other 10% made it back home...
    Ducati... Makeing riders into mechaincs since 1964...

Bike
    suzuki

Personally, I think some people in upper HD management need a new line of work.
    like on the Jerry Springer Show?

Bike
    Street Triple R
    I bought my very first road bike ever from WMCC in Welly. GSX400 FTW. It was end of 1981 I think.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Thread Information