Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: I see HD Australia have given ANZA Motorcycles the see you later message.

Bike
    TF125
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    bro, do you even logic?
    ...or Google shit?

Bike
    It was on the good
    Whoa. Back the fucking truck up.

Madness has a job?

Bike
    TF125
    Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post
    Whoa. Back the fucking truck up.

Madness has a job?
    That's right sunshine and it ain't just drawing pictures of roundabouts all day either.

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    Lets not forget it was said when registration went up motorcycle sales in NZ would take a dive resulting in shops closing down. So all those on here happy paying the higher registration fees can not complain about shops closing down.
    Have another go. Use English.

Bike
    Wots I gots.
    So - who is now the go-to HD mechanic in the Manawatu..? Any recommendations appreciated.

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by RDJ View Post
    So - who is now the go-to HD mechanic in the Manawatu..? Any recommendations appreciated.
    any John Deere place will have the tools, and the hoists.

Bike
    Katana 750, VOR 450 Enduro
    Blog Entries
    Doug Allan, mechanic at ANZA, has set up a workshop at his place to service bikes.
    And I to my motorcycle parked like the soul of the junkyard. Restored, a bicycle fleshed with power, and tore off. Up Highway 106 continually drunk on the wind in my mouth. Wringing the handlebar for speed, wild to be wreckage forever.

- James Dickey, Cherrylog Road.

Bike
    Wots I gots.
    Quote Originally Posted by riffer View Post
    Doug Allan, mechanic at ANZA, has set up a workshop at his place to service bikes.
    Thank you riffer, most useful.

Bike
    Indian Scout

Why I respect ANZA

Let me tell you a story as to why I feel for ANZA being betrayed. Not living in PN I have never been a customer.

In a galaxy a long time ago...circa 2004 a young Whitetrash (Jimmie) at Wgtn Motorcycle Centre sells me a new Triumph America. I take the next day (Friday) off work to run it in. About Fielding late in the afternoon one of the battery terminals snaps off. I WAS NOT TRYING TO WHEELIE IT. Even Jimmie or Drew couldn't wheelie a gutless 54 hp America.

It's close to closing time on Friday 4.30-ish. I ring WMCC telling them I stuck in bloody nowhere and can't get home. I'm sure I heard duelling banjos in the distance. WMCC ring ANZA (sorry I can't remember which good bloke did this). Pushing my finger under the seat I press the terminal in place and the bike reluctantly fires up and limps to Palmerston North. Kept dying so it took a while.The Mechanic Lads stayed well after hours waiting for me and welded the terminal back enough to get me home.

This has always stuck with me. Motorbike shops may commercially compete but above all else they are trying their best to serve use Riders. Support your local shop whenever you can.
    Happiness is a means of travel, not a destination

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    . I WAS NOT TRYING TO WHEELIE IT. Even Jimmie or Drew couldn't wheelie a gutless 54 hp America.

I call bullshit. You all could.

Bike
    KTM 1290 SDR
    Fuck I must be living under a rock, as this is news to me and I only live just down the road.

Just said to the Mrs, did you know Anza------------and she said yeah, they were talking about that at the pub a couple of months ago. Think I must've been distracted by the hot barmaid.
    Nunquam Non Paratus

Bike
    TF125
    Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    Think I must've been distracted by the hot barmaid.
    Which pub?

Bike
    KTM 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by Madness View Post
    Which pub?
    Rex's though said barmaid has since left.
    Nunquam Non Paratus

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    Lets not forget it was said when registration went up motorcycle sales in NZ would take a dive resulting in shops closing down. So all those on here happy paying the higher registration fees can not complain about shops closing down.
    Do you remember who "IT" was that said that ... ???

Few are "Happy" to pay the increased vehicle licensing costs ... but have little choice if they wish to (legally) ride their motorcycle.

The higher licensing costs are not solely to blame for all (motorcycle ?) shops closing. Motorcycle sales ... are only a part of the a income.

The motorcyclist's right to complain about shops closing is debatable ... especially if they buy anything/everything motorcycle related online. Use them ... or lose them ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    W650 sidecar & HD Fat Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    Do you remember who "IT" was that said that ... ???

Few are "Happy" to pay the increased vehicle licensing costs ... but have little choice if they wish to (legally) ride their motorcycle.

The higher licensing costs are not solely to blame for all (motorcycle ?) shops closing. Motorcycle sales ... are only a part of the a income.

The motorcyclist's right to complain about shops closing is debatable ... especially if they buy anything/everything motorcycle related online. Use them ... or lose them ...

Just spent a few months going through this argument with my self.

Yes, I could buy the components from overseas cheaper, but then after adding freight, possible taxes, then thinking what if any of the components fail?
    Then I factored in that through mainly a lack of confidence and also few mechanical skills I would have to get someone else to do the work.

So went straight to the guys that specialize and spend week in and week out doing the type of work that I needed done.

No brainer really.

I think Doug Allan is going to be busy. I will definitely make the trip down for any work that needs doing.

Thread Information