Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: I see HD Australia have given ANZA Motorcycles the see you later message.

Bike
    Wots I gots.
    Met up with Doug on the weekend to drop off the venerable and ratty (in a good way) '02 FXDXT for top rebuild, forks, brakes. I feel my bike is in very good and skilled hands. Excellently equipped workshop too.

Bike
    W650 sidecar & HD Fat Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by RDJ View Post
    Met up with Doug on the weekend to drop off the venerable and ratty (in a good way) '02 FXDXT for top rebuild, forks, brakes. I feel my bike is in very good and skilled hands. Excellently equipped workshop too.
    That is good news. Fingers crossed I wont need to see Doug for awhile. KSS is going to leave me a bit lighter in the bank account after the front and rear suspension upgrades are completed, but hopefully my old back will thank me.

Bike
    Wots I gots.
    Update:

I'd taken the '02 Dyna to Doug to do the cam chain tensioner upgrade, (just in time by the look of them), fix my front brake lines (previously a bit butchered overseas when the higher bars went on), and rebuild my (leaking) fork seals.

I picked up the bike last night and it was a pleasure to ride - so much so I took off up the Paras just because. Should've worn autumn-weather gear though :-)

Doug did a terrific job in my opinion and was a pleasure to deal with. I'll be baaaack there for sure when I next need work done.

Bike
    Various things
    Update:

I'd taken the '02 Dyna to Doug to do the cam chain tensioner upgrade, (just in time by the look of them), .
    You'll gen get about 60,000km's out of them before they fail.

Bike
    Wots I gots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    You'll gen get about 60,000km's out of them before they fail.
    Definitely close then. (Had been putting it off with no good excuse).

I couldn't see the difference till Doug pointed it out but one was a lot worse then the other.

Bike
    Various things
    Definitely close then. (Had been putting it off with no good excuse).

I couldn't see the difference till Doug pointed it out but one was a lot worse then the other.
    Yep. The twin cam is a fucking good motor. They got that bit a lil wrong though. All good once up graded. I've seen some big power out of them with no trouble whatsoever.

Bike
    Yep. The twin cam is a fucking good motor. They got that bit a lil wrong though. All good once up graded. I've seen some big power out of them with no trouble whatsoever.

Good afternoon Crasherfrom wayback,

The upgrade you mention re the cam chain tensioner.

Do you know if the 1580cc twin cam 96 motors have similar Cam chain tensioner issues? or should I be doing the upgrade before 60k reads on the dial.

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by old slider View Post
    Good afternoon Crasherfrom wayback,

The upgrade you mention re the cam chain tensioner.

Do you know if the 1580cc twin cam 96 motors have similar Cam chain tensioner issues? or should I be doing the upgrade before 60k reads on the dial.
    Hey mate. I think from memory the 1584 had gone to the solid bronze bush setup. Having said that, at around 60k you'll need to do the slippers if you have big cams in it. On std cams you can normally run that out to around 80k. There's a needle bearing in the cases that needs doing around then as well.

Cheers,

Pete

Bike
    Hey mate. I think from memory the 1584 had gone to the solid bronze bush setup. Having said that, at around 60k you'll need to do the slippers if you have big cams in it. On std cams you can normally run that out to around 80k. There's a needle bearing in the cases that needs doing around then as well.

Cheers,

Pete

Awesome, thanks heaps mate. Gives me a little peace of mind.

Bike
    2105 STREETGLIDE AND SHOVELHEADS
    Thanks rdj, good to see you are happy with the work and your bike,as for cam chain tensioners pete have seen them fail at 30k and some are good at 80k no rhyme or reason,but the hydraulic upgrade is better as the shoe material is better.

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Doug SG View Post
    as the shoe material is better.
    Good to see you doing the bizz Doug. Long may it continue.

Bike
    Valkyrie 1500 ,HD softail, BMW r1150r
    Done mine at 60.000 kms....it definitely needed it by then.
    The shoes were about to break.
    Well worn.

Bought the tool required for the job ex Merica.
    With the proper extractor easy job.

Will sell if somebody is interested...
    Opinions are like arseholes: Everybody has got one, but that doesn't mean you got to air it in public all the time....

Bike
    I am considering the V & H Hi-Output 2 into 1 short exhaust for the Fat Bob, I am not intending to do any engine improvements since adding the SE Hi flow air filter and getting the SE super tuner. The Original exhaust had the headers cut open and the CV removed, the standard mufflers were also removed and modified to Performance Research specs (what ever that means)? work done was through Wellington Motorcycles and the previous owner at 1600kms. The bike runs very well and the new suspension upgrades should improve the ride, but is a bit too quiet for my liking, not too worried if the 2 into 1 gives little performance improvement, but really hoping it will improve the sound.

Anyone on the forum installed the short 2into 1 Hi output ?

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by old slider View Post
    I am considering the V & H Hi-Output 2 into 1 short exhaust for the Fat Bob, I am not intending to do any engine improvements since adding the SE Hi flow air filter and getting the SE super tuner. The Original exhaust had the headers cut open and the CV removed, the standard mufflers were also removed and modified to Performance Research specs (what ever that means)? work done was through Wellington Motorcycles and the previous owner at 1600kms. The bike runs very well and the new suspension upgrades should improve the ride, but is a bit too quiet for my liking, not too worried if the 2 into 1 gives little performance improvement, but really hoping it will improve the sound.

Anyone on the forum installed the short 2into 1 Hi output ?
    They're great. I wouldn't use anything other than a 2-1 on them. All the std systems have cross over pipes , they run far nicer than one with two sep exhausts. Performance Research was just what WMCC used to call stuff they'de made and tested on their Dyno.

Bike
    They're great. I wouldn't use anything other than a 2-1 on them. All the std systems have cross over pipes , they run far nicer than one with two sep exhausts. Performance Research was just what WMCC used to call stuff they'de made and tested on their Dyno.

Awesome, thanks heaps, the info and experience shared freely on this forum is priceless to us less knowledgeable types..

Thread Information