Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: I see HD Australia have given ANZA Motorcycles the see you later message.

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by old slider View Post
    Nice to see the ANZA Harley boys working out of City Honda in Palmerston North.

Nothing better than talking to guys who know their Brand and when leaving your bike knowing it is in good hands.

Big thanks as well to Crasherfromwayback for giving me the heads up on a couple of things that I needed to research.

great site this Kiwi biker.
    We're about to have one of NZ's best HD mechanics join us at Boyle Kawasaki. Paul Grant who has been at WMCC for the past many years.

Bike
    W650 sidecar & HD Fat Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    We're about to have one of NZ's best HD mechanics join us at Boyle Kawasaki. Paul Grant who has been at WMCC for the past many years.

That sort of experience is usually worth its weight in gold.

Bike
    Various things
    That sort of experience is usually worth its weight in gold.
    Yep. He's been around the traps for years. Be good to be working with him again.

Bike
    Yep. He's been around the traps for years. Be good to be working with him again.
    If Stu or Doug are unable to find the reason for my intermittent loud siren type noise coming from under the fuel tank I may have to seek him out.

None of the diagnostics are showing anything apart from a weird response from fuel. the sound is louder than the horn, did it 2 or 3 times on the trip to Palmy cruising at legal speed, I thought it was the alarm at first, but no lights flashing, no alerts on dash etc and not quite the same sound. I don't know if the fuel pump could emit such a loud noise?

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    intermittent loud siren type noise coming from under the fuel tank
    Seems unlikely in a HD, but I wonder if it might not be... the engine?
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocean1 View Post
    Seems unlikely in a HD, but I wonder if it might not be... the engine?

Fingers crossed its not. The engine was running and as far as I could tell is running sweet as a nut, the comp diagnostics gave thumbs up codes for everything except a weird response to fuel, the techs were scratching their heads, but said will investigate.

Bike
    Various things
    I don't know if the fuel pump could emit such a loud noise?
    I'm pretty sure the fuel pump wouldn't be able to make any noises you'd hear at open road speeds.

Bike
    I'm pretty sure the fuel pump wouldn't be able to make any noises you'd hear at open road speeds.

Thanks Mate, I am clutching at straws, but if that wild Banshi sound came from the engine it scares the shit out of my wallet.

Bike
    suzuki
    Thanks Mate, I am clutching at straws, but if that wild Banshi sound came from the engine it scares the shit out of my wallet.
    how long did it last for? did it change level on revs? did it dissappear when you pulled the clutch in?

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    how long did it last for? did it change level on revs? did it dissappear when you pulled the clutch in?
    just happened with a sudden short squeal sound, sometimes 2 or 3 short squeals, quite unexpectedly, it stops as quickly as it starts, by the time you look at the speedo or touch the clutch its gone again, on the 2nd time I pulled over to the road side and everything seemed fine, so took of again and about 8-10 mins later it happened again, this high pitched sound happened 3-4 times between lake Alice and about 10 miles out of Palmy. I even pressed the horn to get a sound comparison, the horn is way more quieter.

it is not a sound I can recall ever hearing before regarding bikes or engines, could a bearing shell or something in the rocker gear make that sort of noise?

Bike
    Various things
    , could a bearing shell or something in the rocker gear make that sort of noise?
    Nah. They're just ticking along. Have you tried it with the fuel tank cap off, to see if it's louder, then maybe coming from the pump?

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    just happened with a sudden short squeal sound, sometimes 2 or 3 short squeals, quite unexpectedly, it stops as quickly as it starts, by the time you look at the speedo or touch the clutch its gone again, on the 2nd time I pulled over to the road side and everything seemed fine, so took of again and about 8-10 mins later it happened again, this high pitched sound happened 3-4 times between lake Alice and about 10 miles out of Palmy. I even pressed the horn to get a sound comparison, the horn is way more quieter.

it is not a sound I can recall ever hearing before regarding bikes or engines, could a bearing shell or something in the rocker gear make that sort of noise?
    Starter clutch?

As in a starter switch short...
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    Nah. They're just ticking along. Have you tried it with the fuel tank cap off, to see if it's louder, then maybe coming from the pump?
    Thanks for all the suggestions guys, I left the Bike in Palmy, will travel back next week and see what the verdict is, in my opinion the engine is running perfectly, was no unusual noises going from a standstill to up to 125 through all the gears, or changing down the gears, just seemed to happen for no reason when cruising around the 100 mark, didn't do it around town, is farking weird.

Bike
    KTM 1290 SDR
    just happened with a sudden short squeal sound, sometimes 2 or 3 short squeals, quite unexpectedly,
    Your missus didn't fall off the back by any chance?
    Nunquam Non Paratus

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    Your missus didn't fall off the back by any chance?

You obviously don't know her, be way more than just a couple of scornful noises, Hers would be way louder, way longer and leave you in no doubt as to what the problem was, trust me.

Thread Information