Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I see HD Australia have given ANZA Motorcycles the see you later message.

Bike
    Various things

I see HD Australia have given ANZA Motorcycles the see you later message.

Nice. Not. Pretty rough treatment after all their years of selling their product. Esp seeing as ANZA always played the game and got rid of the other franchises to keep HD happy.

Sorry for the guys and gals that work there that may well be out of a job shortly. Stink one.

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    Nice. Not. Pretty rough treatment after all their years of selling their product. Esp seeing as ANZA always played the game and got rid of the other franchises to keep HD happy.

Sorry for the guys and gals that work there that may well be out of a job shortly. Stink one.
    they did have other brands but so has lower hutts latest harley dealer....

Bike
    2006 Honda XR250L
    Yeah WTF. When importers change dealerships they really do screw loyalty and the customer is left in the lurch putting them off the brand.
    Cheers

Merv

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    they did have other brands but so has lower hutts latest harley dealer....
    *Did* being the operative word mate. They ditched them...yet still got the could shoulder. Makes me wonder what's in store for Motomart down the track.

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by merv View Post
    Yeah WTF. When importers change dealerships they really do screw loyalty and the customer is left in the lurch putting them off the brand.
    Yep. When they gave Garry and Steve the hard word, they kinda shot themselves in the foot really. Now, they have a franchise with three other labels as compared to the one other WMCC had, and no dealer in the central NI. It's odd.

Who'd like the job within HD, of telling long term dealers you're no longer wanted? What diploma do you need for that? A doctorate in cuntiness?

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Yep. When they gave Garry and Steve the hard word, they kinda shot themselves in the foot really. Now, they have a franchise with three other labels as compared to the one other WMCC had, and no dealer in the central NI. It's odd.

Who'd like the job within HD, of telling long term dealers you're no longer wanted? What diploma do you need for that? A doctorate in cuntiness?
    I'm sure in a little while they'll be scratching their heads as to why it's not working the way they expected...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I read some customer feedback from a customer that was not happy with the service from the new dealer who said they should go back to the old dealer who they bought the bike off with their problem but if the old dealer has go broke they are stuffed maybe.
    The *Old Dealer* was Wellington Motorcycles. They haven't gone broke, they just got sick of being told what to do by Harley-Davidson Australia, so parted ways. They now sell Indians and lots of uses HD's instead.

Bike
    a 400 and a 650 :-)
    Have H-D Australia studied at the Trump School of Diplomacy?

I'd lay money on the fact that the person who made the decision to drop a dealer sleeps well in their bed because they'd never have to face up to the dealer and tell them the news...

Bike
    Various things
    The post I replied to by merv was just making a generic comment in reply to him not mentioning any specific dealer or wholesaler either. The customer feedback I read was from a new ChCh dealers website and to do with another brand.
    I see............

Bike
    RAT Speed Triple
    No loyalty Eh that sucks for Anza especially if they were doing everything right, I see Auckland has two HD dealerships now and Motormart HD will be interesting ...

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    In Wellington, I can't see how they could possibly be shifting the same nmbet of new bikes, since WM stopped with them.

Near as I can tell, a huge portion of new Harley buyers went to Indian when scooter center did.

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega1 View Post
    No loyalty Eh that sucks for Anza especially if they were doing everything right, I see Auckland has two HD dealerships now and Motormart HD will be interesting ...
    I'm told ANZA had sold more HD's this year than they have for years. And with WMCC out of the picture, that's hardly surprising. Topped their spares sales records too. Still not enough eh.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    In Wellington, I can't see how they could possibly be shifting the same nmbet of new bikes, since WM stopped with them.

Near as I can tell, a huge portion of new Harley buyers went to Indian when scooter center did.
    I wouldn't say a huge number mate. But Garry was always gonna *convince* a certain amount of HD owners to go that way. But a lot of them are very brand loyal, even if the brand themselves aren't.

In ChCh most of the trade ins in the Indian dealership are Harley's so maybe it's a dying brand.
    Well it stands to reason really. They're fighting for the same slice of pie.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Could they be looking at opening direct marketing shops? A lot of wholesalers are doing this now.

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    Could they be looking at opening direct marketing shops? A lot of wholesalers are doing this now.
    I doubt it. Don't want to get their hands dirty. Suit wearers, all of them.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    I doubt it. Don't want to get their hands dirty. Suit wearers, all of them.
    They dont have to. Hire staff in said town and get a building. Stock it up and off you go.

A good few Aussie wholesalers are doing that now. Guess bikes could be different though.

Thread Information