Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: I see HD Australia have given ANZA Motorcycles the see you later message.

Bike
    Wots I gots.
    Could be wrong, but I would second that suggestion about a starter short; I briefly had something similar when heavy rain shorted out a set of Joker hand controls and the starter motor would randomly come on and grind away...

Bike
    W650 sidecar & HD Fat Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by RDJ View Post
    Could be wrong, but I would second that suggestion about a starter short; I briefly had something similar when heavy rain shorted out a set of Joker hand controls and the starter motor would randomly come on and grind away...

Cheers RDJ, plenty of things to check out. just wish I could get it to make the noise on request, would be so much easier than trying to suss it out whilst riding, maybe I will have to find a dyno.

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by old slider View Post
    Cheers RDJ, plenty of things to check out. just wish I could get it to make the noise on request, would be so much easier than trying to suss it out whilst riding, maybe I will have to find a dyno.
    Come down to Welly mate. Bruce Lewis has WMCC's old dyno round the corner from us.

Bike
    suzuki
    this high pitched sound happened 3-4 times between lake Alice and about 10 miles out of Palmy. I even pressed the horn to get a sound comparison, the horn is way more quieter.
    $10 says it's an airforce plane doing some testing in the air above then.

Bike
    M109R, GS1200ss, RMX450Z, ZX-12R
    Could possibly be something to do with the primary chain tensioner assembly or the compensator......some models had issues with these

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by T.W.R View Post
    Could possibly be something to do with the primary chain tensioner assembly or the compensator......some models had issues with these
    Yeah. When the compensator comes loose, they knock like all fuck.

Bike
    M109R, GS1200ss, RMX450Z, ZX-12R
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    Yeah. When the compensator comes loose, they knock like all fuck.
    Could imagine that...it's a big hunk of steel to be hammering around in a confined space. I was just thinking along the lines of excessive float for that and allowing the tensioner to over tighten causing a whine etc....harmonic distortion & such like

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by T.W.R View Post
    Could imagine that...it's a big hunk of steel to be hammering around in a confined space. I was just thinking along the lines of excessive float for that and allowing the tensioner to over tighten causing a whine etc....harmonic distortion & such like

you buggers are starting to scare me now.

Hey crasher, cheers mate, I am hoping Stu and Doug can solve the riddle. but if not Wellington could be next on the list, although Floody in NP is also on my list.

Bike
    Various things
    you buggers are starting to scare me now.

I wouldn't worry too much about it mate. They're pretty robust.

Bike
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4374 (2).jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	822.3 KB 
ID:	331858

Rapt with the work from Doug and Stu, the mysterious intermittent wailing sound has not raised its head since the new exhaust system was fitted, quite a bit of test riding was completed with the Pro super tuner plugged in recording several 15-20 min runs so that a decent remap could be programmed.

The removal of the old dynamic exhaust fitted with exhaust valve and elec motor, plus the addition of these new pipes has seen an amazing change in the bike, mid range torque is vastly improved and the ride home was bloody awesome.

My only concern is maybe the loudness of these pipes when twisting the go faster thingy, but at cruising speed it has a wonderful sound, to me it purrs like a lion.

Thanks to Pete and the others offering advice, the unknown sound has vanished, along with a lot of other little noises with this exhaust "muffling" them out, lol

Bike
    Various things
    [

The removal of the old dynamic exhaust fitted with exhaust valve and elec motor, plus the addition of these new pipes has seen an amazing change in the bike, mid range torque is vastly improved and the ride home was bloody awesome.

l
    Nice. Looks great too mate. Glad it's fixed some things as an extra bonus.

Thread Information