Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: RUC Petition for Motorcyclists

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    But I was not at fault thats the difference.
    Bullshit. Your eyes are closed to your own errors.

Bike
    GSXR1000
    But if only those at fault were charged more irrespective of what they ride/drive ACC would certainly come down for the rest of us. They even brought it down for cars despite far more people dying in them. Or maybe they could put up ACC for those that carry passengers in their cars as the number of injuries likely in a crash will be greater.
    Have you got facts and figures to support your claim that more people are dying in cars than previously? Because I've looked it up recently and the numbers are significantly down on previous decades, especially the 70's and 80's. And this is despite far more cars being driven on the roads.

Or is this another famous cassina assumption based off what goes on in your head.

Bike
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    Have you got facts and figures to support your claim that more people are dying in cars than previously? Because I've looked it up recently and the numbers are significantly down on previous decades, especially the 70's and 80's. And this is despite far more cars being driven on the roads.

Or is this another famous cassina assumption based off what goes on in your head.
    Things are 'based on' not 'based off'
    ie: Based on what was said/Based on how it all goes/Based on your reaction etc. Read the line below.

Based off what was said/Based off how it all goes/Based off your reaction.
    '' i'd let you touch me.''

Sorry fulla but I am spoken for.

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by trufflebutter View Post
    Things are 'based on' not 'based off'
    ie: Based on what was said/Based on how it all goes/Based on your reaction etc. Read the line below.

Based off what was said/Based off how it all goes/Based off your reaction.
    Good stuff, cheers!

Bike
    Mine
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    It's a bullshit idea from bullshit artists.
    Do you mean the per km or the tax argument?
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin (1706-90)

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending to much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"Motorcycling is not inherently dangerous. It is, however, EXTREMELY unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence and stupidity!" - Anonymous

"Live to Ride, Ride to Live"

Bike
    Mine
    Most motorcyclists would be paying less if those at fault paid more. It really is that simple.
    [SARCASM]Hell, let's take this to its logical conclusion and do away with ACC all together and all pay every cent of our own costs.[/SARCASM]

You've obviouly missed the whole point of ACC.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin (1706-90)

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending to much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"Motorcycling is not inherently dangerous. It is, however, EXTREMELY unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence and stupidity!" - Anonymous

"Live to Ride, Ride to Live"

Bike
    I also agree it would shift the 'problem' rather than actually fix it/make it a fairer system.

If anything it would discourage people from riding IMO.

Bike
    BMW R1200RT 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazz View Post
    I also agree it would shift the 'problem' rather than actually fix it/make it a fairer system.

If anything it would discourage people from riding IMO.
    And with people riding less the cost would need to go up per km so they could still get their money. Result: Still costs heaps. Better the system you know than then system that could come in and cost you more.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by veldthui View Post
    And with people riding less the cost would need to go up per km so they could still get their money. Result: Still costs heaps. Better the system you know than then system that could come in and cost you more.
    To be fair, for it to work it would have to be in reverse. You pay more for doing less Ks as you have less experience.

I would like to see a discount for passing riding tests of a decent level.

Bike
    GSXR1000
    And of course no one would ever disconnect their speedo...

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    And of course no one would ever disconnect their speedo...
    Well for my way they need more Ks not less.

But we would end up with Hubometers.

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    Well for my way they need more Ks not less.

But we would end up with Hubometers.
    True, regarding your idea.

As far as hubometers go, even diesel powered private vehicles don't have those.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by swbarnett View Post
    [SARCASM]Hell, let's take this to its logical conclusion and do away with ACC all together and all pay every cent of our own costs.[/SARCASM]

You've obviouly missed the whole point of ACC.
    Correct, its supposed to be a no fault, no liability system. People whinge about prisoners injuring themselves during escape attempts but that's how the no fault, no liability works. It also works for you if you need to make a claim, previously you had to prove someone else was liable which wasn't always possible, in which case you were outa luck.

SWB I'm impressed by your pseudo HTML. When I've tried to do that here in the past, the system read the bracketed bits as HTML and didn't print them. Interesting.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    SWM RS 650R
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    Hell no - it sounds like something I might have said.
    If you had said it, then some on here would just disagree with it because you said it.

Personally I think the ACC system works well, and I am happy to pay the rego. And like Gayner says its a small part of running a bike.
    I mentioned vegetables once, but I think I got away with it...........

Bike
    GSXR1000
    $10 a week to rego my bike, I can live with that. And I've had a fair amount of money out of ACC through my accident. Yup I'm one of the worst offenders, my ACC tab would be in excess of half a million at a conservative guess...

Thread Information