Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: RUC Petition for Motorcyclists

Bike
    moped

RUC Petition for Motorcyclists

Hi Guys, need some help.
    I am not a Facebook user, but I hear there is a Petition recently posted on it, for Motorcyclists to pay a RUC instead of an ACC levy. Does anyone know about it or where I can get a link to it. Think all Motorcycle Groups should know about it. Could be a far better scheme than we have now, when owning multiple bikes, or just using your bike occasionally.

Bike
    A
    Yep, try the link, or google motorcycle ruc change org

https://www.google.co.nz/url?sa=t&rc...SFeAISkcIxb4Hw

Bike
    Mine
    I, for one, won't be signing. Being one of the few that uses a motorcycle as daily transport I want to know how what the cost per km would be before I support it. I also object strongly to anything that undermines the societal nature of ACC; including the current farce of grouping people for the purposes of setting different levies. I've said it many times* and I'll say it again - take the cost of ACC from the general tax pool and ALL of the argument and inequity goes away instantly.

*And not once have I heard even a flimsy argument against the idea.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin (1706-90)

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending to much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"Motorcycling is not inherently dangerous. It is, however, EXTREMELY unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence and stupidity!" - Anonymous

"Live to Ride, Ride to Live"

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rustys View Post
    Could be a far better scheme than we have now, when owning multiple bikes, or just using your bike occasionally.

Bullshit .. !!! The riders that clock up the miles are (usually) the safe ones ... The ones at risk don't / wont /cant ... go far.
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by swbarnett View Post
    *And not once have I heard even a flimsy argument against the idea.
    It's a bullshit idea from bullshit artists. I can do 1500 km's in a weekend.

I can imagine the limp dick assholes that would/could support such a ridiculous idea. The OP included ...

Your first flimsy argument ... maybe ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Pay no attention. The guys behind this ill founded idea certainly weren't.

The Gubbermint has basically said that any plan that does not meet their budgeted figure will not be considered. Notwithstanding that the current "plan" probably fails to meet their figures.

Bloody dreamers.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    It was on the good
    Well who knew you could spell mileage like that?

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    What a retarded idea.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    just dont pay the cunts. anything. ever.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    Most motorcyclists would be paying less if those at fault paid more. It really is that simple.
    Going on the amount you hit things, you would need a new mortgage just to pay for a years rego.

Bike
    BMW R1200RT 2014
    I certainly wont be signing it. I have clocked up 65,000km in 2 years. Yes the current system is a ripoff because it does not apportion blame as to who caused the accident. ACC would still say they need the same money so the cost per km would be tremendous due to all those that have a bike and do a few km per year one weekend a year.
    A better way would be to license the rider rather than the bike because you can only ride 1 bike at a time. This does not then penalize those with more than 1 bike. Yes I did have two myself but sold one due to rego costs.

Bike
    72 Kawasaki A7, 05 Kawasaki W650
    There is a lot of wishful thinking in this petition, and a lot of delusion in the facebook comments. This is about motorcyclists wanting to pay less rego, thereby less ACC. That won't happen until motorcyclists stop making up a huge comparative proportion of accident losses.

Honestly the rego cost on motorbikes is tough - something like $600/year. But that's actually one of my smallest running costs, so perhaps if it's too much for you, motorcycling isn't for you.

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Stupid idea and not touching it... All reasons already said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    SWM RS 650R
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Gayner View Post
    There is a lot of wishful thinking in this petition, and a lot of delusion in the facebook comments. This is about motorcyclists wanting to pay less rego, thereby less ACC. That won't happen until motorcyclists stop making up a huge comparative proportion of accident losses.

Honestly the rego cost on motorbikes is tough - something like $600/year. But that's actually one of my smallest running costs, so perhaps if it's too much for you, motorcycling isn't for you.
    You can't just come on here and be realistic...........
    I mentioned vegetables once, but I think I got away with it...........

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    You can't just come on here and be realistic...........
    Hell no - it sounds like something I might have said.

Thread Information