Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: It's only skin deep innit.

Bike
    It was on the good
    Quote Originally Posted by trufflebutter View Post
    Summer temperatures bring all the sights, builder’s crack/short skirts/bikinis/pot bellies and inappropriate swimming attire, and yes, even the odd ‘screw your face geez’ visual moment. I digress…Though these people meet the required safety gear while riding a motorbike (a helmet) and I get that some people’s views on this is ‘’their bike their rules, up to them. But really, bare feet?
    Did you go and tell them off?

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Early last year I rode through a swarm of bees or wasps, when we got to the cafe there were several still alive and crawling around of the jacket. No stings at all. Full face hats rule.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Ting is with riding semi nekkid, you never know whats going to come your way. I see cruiser riders with an image thing going on, piss pot helmets, shades, cut off leathers etc. Riders, on whatever bikes, just popping out for ciggies or a short squirt round the block in shorts and minimal footwear... I can't do it. My history of riding bikes has covered many miles and many scenarios which have given me cause to squeal in pain but never put me in hospital. Good gear has always been paramount. Spending the first half of my riding life in the UK never allowed me to consider riding scantily attired.

As for peddlies in lycra, if you want to fly down hills at warp speed with 1.5cm tire contacts in traffic, or not, that's your look out. Tar seal and zee bees ain't caring.

Yeah, na. It's that hot up here at the moment I'm cooking regardless. I spent a couple of hours on my trials bike tonight, knee armour, padded pants, boots, gloves, proper hemlet and er, ahem, a singlet. The only bits sweating were me scone and arms. Good gear is not a hardship in hot weather.

I would like one of those mesh body armour jackets for summer riding, they seem like a sensible compromise. Never seen armoured mesh pants, though.... I wouldn't mind doing the "sweet transvestite from Transylvania" thing.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    red one & a blue one
    we was traveling in mud 30's temps this weekend... awesome but traffic was doing approx 40km/h under open road speeds at times. I swear I could hear my skin sizzling under my leathers.. my poor pillion wife was on the verge of heatstroke & all I could think of was finding a bloody tree to go lay under.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk
    Supersize Me

Bike
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post
    Did you go and tell them off?
    Did you miss this bit? ''these people meet the required safety gear while riding a motorbike''? but from a podiatry point of view, bare feet on a motorbike has a real potential to harm ones left foot depending on traffic conditions.
    '' i'd let you touch me.''

Sorry fulla but I am spoken for.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    Ting is with riding semi nekkid, you never know whats going to come your way. I see cruiser riders with an image thing going on, piss pot helmets, shades, cut off leathers etc. Riders, on whatever bikes, just popping out for ciggies or a short squirt round the block in shorts and minimal footwear... I can't do it. My history of riding bikes has covered many miles and many scenarios which have given me cause to squeal in pain but never put me in hospital. Good gear has always been paramount. Spending the first half of my riding life in the UK never allowed me to consider riding scantily attired.

As for peddlies in lycra, if you want to fly down hills at warp speed with 1.5cm tire contacts in traffic, or not, that's your look out. Tar seal and zee bees ain't caring.

Yeah, na. It's that hot up here at the moment I'm cooking regardless. I spent a couple of hours on my trials bike tonight, knee armour, padded pants, boots, gloves, proper hemlet and er, ahem, a singlet. The only bits sweating were me scone and arms. Good gear is not a hardship in hot weather.

I would like one of those mesh body armour jackets for summer riding, they seem like a sensible compromise. Never seen armoured mesh pants, though.... I wouldn't mind doing the "sweet transvestite from Transylvania" thing.
    I have got a Macna cooling vest. When it gets hot the evaporation of the water cools you down. It was stinking hot here yesterday and I did 6 hours on the bike, didnt bother to open all the vents on my jacket. Others that were with me were wilting.

Im going to try it on my next MTB ride. Couple of hundred bucks but worth it.

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/macna-dry-cooling-vest

Bike
    gsx250
    I saw a few squids out this weekend at the coromandel. Some guy on a 1000 suzuki with only a helmet and nothing else. And a woman on the back of a cruiser in some skirt. I don't know how they let their girlfriend or whatever get on the back Ike that.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

Bike
    MT-10
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    What about all the guys riding under pressure to keep up with passengers on the back. I read a post on another forum from someone who observed riding ability over the weekend and all the worst riders they said were in groups.

Bike
    86.249 93.398 00.944
    What about all the guys riding under pressure to keep up with passengers on the back.
    The only problem I've ever had is my passenger keeping up with me when I've taken off a bit quick for them.
    Riding cheap crappy old bikes badly since 1987

Tagorama maps: Transalpers map first 100 tags..................Map of tags 101-200......................Latest map, tag # 201-->

Bike
    Honda
    What about all the guys riding under pressure to keep up with passengers on the back. I read a post on another forum from someone who observed riding ability over the weekend and all the worst riders they said were in groups.
    Love your work, never to miss a beat by add those three little words 'riding under pressure' in 95% of your post, almost in arrogance to get a bite, which inevitably happens.

I have witnessed such an indecent, the pillion struggled a bit, primarily because his feet couldn't reach the pegs properly, he was about 9.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by trufflebutter View Post
    Love your work, never to miss a beat by add those three little words 'riding under pressure' in 95% of your post, almost in arrogance to get a bite, which inevitably happens.

I have witnessed such an indecent, the pillion struggled a bit, primarily because his feet couldn't reach the pegs properly, he was about 9.
    Pro tip, bungy the little bugger on.

Bike
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    Pro tip, bungy the little bugger on.
    Thinking back, the pilot had one of those waste/grab handle things which is better than the pillion death grip.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    mate. not only is the horse your flogging dead, you've pulverised it to dust.

i hope you are killed by bees.

Bike
    2012 Yamaha WR 450. 2014 Beta 300RR 2t.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    mate. not only is the horse your flogging dead, you've pulverised it to dust.

i hope you are killed by bees.
    Is that the best you can do ?
    She's giving trolls a bad name.
    You need to try harder
    flashg

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by flashg View Post
    Is that the best you can do ?
    She's giving trolls a bad name.
    You need to try harder
    i'm not sure what you expect from me. perhaps my previous epic-trolls have set a fairly high standard.

...but that failed-abortion is literally too stupid to insult.

and when you only have one fucken string on your banjo it's hard to play another tune, despite having 11 fingers.
    iykwim.

Thread Information