Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trailers...

Bike
    2002 Ducati ST4S
    You also cant go wrong with a Kea, Had one of these http://www.keatrailers.co.nz/domestic/k74s for 10 years and its still like new. Lives outside but doesn't get too much use I guess.

Bike
    R1200GSA
    Well, while you are all debating I got one. First day, three loads. The guys at the VTNZ where I got it registered said a local had got 6 of the Chinese efforts, they had to reject 5 of them, says it all really. This is a Trayla. I might even rent this sucker out!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Life is not measured by how many breaths you take, but how many times you have your breath taken away

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulsterkiwi View Post
    Well, while you are all debating I got one. First day, three loads. The guys at the VTNZ where I got it registered said a local had got 6 of the Chinese efforts, they had to reject 5 of them, says it all really. This is a Trayla. I might even rent this sucker out!![IMG]https://upads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170210/1846fadd838318ee34dad90455e63c81.jpg[IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Shiney! How much mate?

Bike
    R1200GSA
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazz View Post
    Shiney! How much mate?
    $2495 plus $150 odd to the gubbermint for a plate, 12 month rego sticker and 3 year WOF...as Akzle says...'legislation"
    Life is not measured by how many breaths you take, but how many times you have your breath taken away

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    There is - gas stations are cheaper and closer plus they are open longer...
    not always, Handy lets you hire trailers and vans and trucks for that matter by the hour,none of this 4 hour minimum larkWhatever they called cnr Hutt Road and Kaiwharawhara road.They do have more limited hours than gas stations

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulsterkiwi View Post
    $2495 plus $150 odd to the gubbermint for a plate, 12 month rego sticker and 3 year WOF...as Akzle says...'legislation"
    ... i also say "voluntary (enslavement)" and "optional"

so... y'know, upto you.

Bike
    A slow old Bus.a.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    See that's why you have a van... no messing with trailers I didn't want to be that person where you use it once a year and the wheel falls off... plus maintaining it etc.

Of course, you can't get into parking buildings, drive thru's or basically anywhere it's height restricted (because the van is taller than any height restriction I've seen), but hey, that's what motorcycles are for
    Gremlin! What flavour of van do you have? I'm going to buy another Sprinter in Aus in two months when I get back there.
    It’s diametrically opposed to the sanitised existence of the Lemmings around me in the Dilbert Cartoon hell I live in; it’s life at full volume, perfect colour with high resolution and 10,000 watts of amplification.

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by madbikeboy View Post
    Gremlin! What flavour of van do you have? I'm going to buy another Sprinter in Aus in two months when I get back there.
    Hiace Grand Cabin with AWD. Certified 10 seater, taken out most of them to leave the front 2 plus a 2 seater. The long wheel base allows a motorcycle behind the seats, rather than the shorter one having to take out all the rear seats. If vans were free I'd look for the LWB Sprinter in 4WD, but anything much bigger than the Hiace is really big, often has a cargo barrier etc. AWD is handy for mtb'ing trips down gravel roads, crossing the odd stream etc. When I need to transport people instead, seats go back in as required (just bolt to the walls and floor). The seat mounts are also great for attaching tie down points.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    Exercycle
    My Hiace had a split seat as the first row back. I took out the twin and moved the single across to behind the drivers seat, locking it in position (it rotated)
    Gave a useful 3rd seat and enough room for a bike up the left.

Thread Information