Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bell qualifier opinions

Bike
    Klx250s
    Mx9 is also what I have.
    I found it to be quieter running the sun visor.
    Now I'm not using it as an adv helmet Iv taken it off.
    Good comfy fit to my skull.
    Hence liking at qualifier. Fits just as good

Looking at these too - has anyone bought a visor for one? I like to have 2 or 3 visors, clean and ready to swap out. But $100 ?!!! That's half the price of the helmet, if you get one of the fancy visors it's the same price as the helmet. Looks like I might be better off buying 2 helmets and just changing helmets when the visor gets dirty.
    In and out of jobs, running free
    Waging war with society

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Motu View Post
    Looks like I might be better off buying 2 helmets and just changing helmets when the visor gets dirty.
    I thought everybody did that. Well, at least three helmets with visors in different shades.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    RSVR1000 YZ490J
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    If you went for a plain colour the Shoei might cost less. Above a certain price point you are just paying more for the paint job. The fancier the paint job, the bigger the price. That tops out about $1500 for a Rossi rep AGV.

Are more expensive helmets worth more? Depends, Arai cost more but they are the most comfortable helmets I've ever tried - even if not the most expensive.
    I have had a couple of black Shoei that cost $650 and they were nice but the Arai are nicer - a lot nicer, but at up to twice the price? That's just the base price though, you may have to spring extra for a Pinlock visor on top of the helmet price.

Despite an opinion represented here, apart from the fact that they meet a safety standard any cheap helmet I've tried wouldn't rate higher than joke status. Good for people who like hair shirts or beds of nails.
    once i bought my first Arai I stuck with them, the fit is great and it was half the weight of the old one, a crappy ffm from memory, one side of the visor broke while going to fast over Wainuiomata hill, the wind drag wiped my head to the right and i coulnt pull it back, i was well shitting my pants. Thats when i got my new Arai, i dont mind paying a little extra for safty gear now.

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Motu View Post
    Looking at these too - has anyone bought a visor for one? I like to have 2 or 3 visors, clean and ready to swap out. But $100 ?!!! That's half the price of the helmet, if you get one of the fancy visors it's the same price as the helmet. Looks like I might be better off buying 2 helmets and just changing helmets when the visor gets dirty.
    I already had a revolver evo with a super visor and a raleri adhesive pinlock attached, I just swapped the visors over.

There's a 'qualifier dlx' available overseas which has the fancy light-sensitive visor standard and a couple of other extra features for yes, more or less exactly twice the price, so at least they're consistent.

Interesting that they're now offering genuine pinlock visors for these (and the mx-9 adventure), the anti-fog coating does lose it's effectiveness over time (which is why I ended up with the raleri).

FYI i had a small part of the stitching on the neck roll start to come apart, could have taken it in and replaced it but couldn't find time so stitched it back up myself.
    Moe: Well, I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I...I can't compete with that stuff.
    - The Simpsons

Thread Information