Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Buses running red lights

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Moi View Post
    A little before your time, when Auckland buses and traffic were well-behaved...

traffic... in 1988.

what?? both of them?!

Bike
    a 400 and a 650 :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    traffic... in 1988.

what?? both of them?!
    'twas the big smoke in them days, the big smoke I tell ya!

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    cos every bogan was burning off their old tyres in the back yard...

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    None of that 'sustained loss of traction' shit back then. Do a burn out and the punter watching cheered you on. Shit I remember a mate being pulled over for lighting up the rear and the cop telling him it was lame and peeling out a beauty in his Holden after he gave us a warning. Good times.

Fucking buss drivers got paid OK back them too.

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I always hug the centre line and speed up when passing buses for that reason.
    Alternatively let them go first .....

I did that today - got a wave. I feel good. After all the poor fucks are on minimum wage.

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    We had 4 patrol bikes per shift in the central city. It was fun. K Rd and Queen St was my favourite before they re engineered it. Upper Queen St red lights were dime a dozen. Fine was $40 back then. Dished em out like confetti.

Bike
    2012 Yamaha WR 450. 2014 Beta 300RR 2t.
    Yeah and I got a ticket (traffic cops everywhere ) for popping up the front wheel on my red 1973 TS 125 on take off at lights in Queen st, (it was hard on the clutch though)in 1973. I left the North Island in 1976 never to return.
    flashg

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post

I did that today - got a wave. I feel good. After all the poor fucks are on minimum wage.
    The general motoring public irritate me enough without my entire job being spent on the road amongst them. Then factor in the number of times they have to move off from the roadside. If I haven't started passing them and they indicate, I'll do my best to give them room (flash of headlights etc).

After all, they're probably going to pull over shortly anyway and you can continue on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    After a couple of months driving in Germany I have to say NZ red light runners are amateurs by comparison. Get 3 buses running that red in a row and you'll have something to whinge about

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Minor thing but... There is a set of lights between my place and the local supermarket, more often than not I have to wait for some arsehole who is running a red before I can move. Even a modest amount of enforcement would work wonders.

Of course if it actually came to pass that someone did get off their shiny arse and do something, the AA would issue a statement saying they believe in education not fines.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I always hug the centre line and speed up when passing buses for that reason.

that's sweet, when you cross a wee* double yellow line is it a

* local dialect.
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    A little before your time, when Auckland buses and traffic were well-behaved...
    I can almost see my favourite S/H record shop that was under Farmers. Got Disraeli Gears and Wheels of Fire from there Eric is

God. I liked trolly buses except then the trolly bit came off and they had to put them back on the lines.
    Last edited by onearmedbandit; 10th February 2017 at 19:21. Reason: feckin spellin and embedded media removed from quote ;)
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    2002 Ducati ST4S
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post

I was told by a bus driver that the reason he chose it as a job was because it was one of the few jobs that paid $20 an hour where you needed no qualifications/experience.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mangere View Post
    I was told by a bus driver that the reason he chose it as a job was because it was one of the few jobs that paid $20 an hour where you needed no qualifications/experience.
    bro. 20 buck is one tinny bro.

Bike
    A slow old Bus.a.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    When I wuz a baby traffic cop we used to hammer bad driving like that. Seems it doesn't get the attention it did in 1988.
    I'm not sure what NZ cops actually do all day. It sure isn't basic policing. I'd love to put a cuntasstable on the back of my scoot and point out all the fucktards sitting and texting while they drive. Or the red light runners. Or all the cars with one headlight.

In Sydney, we have cops riding around on unmarked bikes during rush hour, pulling all the texters and phone users. Can't wait to get back there in two months. $200 for a years rego, and bikes are a valid and encouraged form of transport.
    It’s diametrically opposed to the sanitised existence of the Lemmings around me in the Dilbert Cartoon hell I live in; it’s life at full volume, perfect colour with high resolution and 10,000 watts of amplification.

Thread Information