Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rear paddock stand

Bike
    Ktm sd gt

Rear paddock stand

After looking at the Ktm single sided stand and thinking it looked a bit lame, I went to the shop and tried to get an r&g stand, priced at $250 I think but non in stock and needed to be posted from the uk at extra cost, nah fuck that. Any I ended up getting an Anderson stand from Aus, still $250 plus $70 post.... but shit I'm glad I did, arrived today and I'm happy. Very strong for this kind of stand, well made and pro design,good welds. The wheels are softer than the cheap hard plastic shit so feel good on the floor and don't catch on grit n shit on the floor.....
    You may find a better one or a cheaper deal but for what it's worth I'd buy another.chur

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    I've a very nice bikelift single sided rear for the Ducati and just picked up a headstock stand fro the front from Torpedo 7 of all places on sale for $70! THe bikelift one is a heavy duty design (I have one of their standard rears as well) T7 less so but I swear it is made in the same factory as 'brand' ones I've seen retailing significantly dearer.

Bike
    Ktm sd gt
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    I've a very nice bikelift single sided rear for the Ducati and just picked up a headstock stand fro the front from Torpedo 7 of all places on sale for $70! THe bikelift one is a heavy duty design (I have one of their standard rears as well) T7 less so but I swear it is made in the same factory as 'brand' ones I've seen retailing significantly dearer.
    Yeah I saw some of the standard stands, look like a good deal, very much on par with the r&g ones at a glance. I'd still go with the Anderson, but I a man a bit of a tool snob to be fair

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    I cant see the headstock front stands can you put up link?
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    1999 Yamaha R1
    The T7 headstock stand is fine, their rear not so good. I can only just get the hooks far enough apart to fit the spools on the R1 swingarm, which means all of the weight is on the outside plastic wheels.

I'll buy something better one day.

Sent from somewhere using Tapatalk

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mossy1200 View Post
    I cant see the headstock front stands can you put up link?
    They are not showing up online anymore - but I clicked the link to my purchase and they show as 'in store only' now. Albany and Mt Wellington show stock (the later low) but I'd phone first! They come with pins in size 13mm , 15mm, 16.5mm, 17mm, 18mm but they have other sizes at this link (available on line now) I had to get a 25m one for the Ducati.

https://www.torpedo7.co.nz/products/...lift-stand-pin

Also showing 20% off now (was 30 when I purchased) so $79 for the stand (still a bargain).

Usual caution to be applied on bikes with fairings as some don;t have clearance for a headstock stand.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stand.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	83.2 KB 
ID:	328458  

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Also these guys in NZ stock a collection of bike stands at good prices http://houseofcustom.co.nz/shop/stands.html

I note the front headstock stand appears identical (sans sticker) to the T7 one I purchased.

Bike
    72 Kawasaki A7, 05 Kawasaki W650
    Also these guys in NZ stock a collection of bike stands at good prices http://houseofcustom.co.nz/shop/stands.html
    I have one of their stands for my Speed Triple. MUCH cheaper than any of the competition, but it's rather....bendy. I don't have a lot of faith in it, I reckon the steel tube is too thin for the weight it's carrying.

Bike
    Sold
    Made the commitment and got an ABBA stand from the supplier in Nelson last year. Wish I'd bought one earlier. Easy to use and absolutely stable. The attachment also lets me get both wheels off the deck at the same time. Lovely bit of kit
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC04407.JPG 
Views:	80 
Size:	664.0 KB 
ID:	328460   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC04399.JPG 
Views:	48 
Size:	758.1 KB 
ID:	328459   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC04401.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	824.2 KB 
ID:	328461  

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    Made the commitment and got an ABBA stand from the supplier in Nelson last year. Wish I'd bought one earlier. Easy to use and absolutely stable. The attachment also lets me get both wheels off the deck at the same time. Lovely bit of kit
    I've been looking at them over the years. Freaky things, but as you say, stable. What stops the bike tipping back or forward? Are they set up to be perfectly balanced on the stand?

Spotted it - that black tube at the back propping the swingarm?

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Gayner View Post
    I have one of their stands for my Speed Triple. MUCH cheaper than any of the competition, but it's rather....bendy. I don't have a lot of faith in it, I reckon the steel tube is too thin for the weight it's carrying.
    Bendy - hmm not ideal me thinks? Single side rear stand? My Bikelift one is some large circumference tubing. Oversize compared to my Bikelift rear for conventional swingarms.

Bike
    Sold
    I've been looking at them over the years. Freaky things, but as you say, stable. What stops the bike tipping back or forward? Are they set up to be perfectly balanced on the stand?
    Allan,
    When you pull forward on the handle, the whole assembly goes over centre and the small outrigger welded to the main assembly rests on the ground - same principle as when you crank a conventional rear paddock stand backwards. Locked into/onto the swingarm pivot, it can't go anywhere. It's far enough forward that it's impossible to move backward without a deliberate effort. If you want both wheels off the deck at the same time, the longitudinal attachment provides additional stability. Have a look at this YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSPTCWE102U . There are several more, including showing how the attachment works.

Cheers,

Geoff

Bike
    72 Kawasaki A7, 05 Kawasaki W650
    Bendy - hmm not ideal me thinks?
    Yeah SSSA. Stands are really one of those things that you get what you pay for. My stand is adequate, but there is definite flex in it, due in my opinion to undersized tubing. Here are a couple of pics of the stand right now.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170211_162818.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	781.7 KB 
ID:	328462

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170211_162804.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	827.0 KB 
ID:	328463

edit: I should mention that I'm basically happy with the stand for ordinary garage duties, so anyone who needs a low cost stand should check out House of Customs. They're half the cost of competing stands. But yeah they're not perfect.

Bike
    Ktm sd gt
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    Yes excellent piece of kit, I used to have one years back. Can't remember that the brand but like you say, you can jump all over the bike and it's not going anywhere.
    The one I had used pointed pins where it locks into the swing arm so could be mounted anywhere there was a recess matching either side of the bike.
    Too much hassle setting it up for the day to day maintainance for me.

Bike
    Ktm sd gt
    They are not showing up online anymore - but I clicked the link to my purchase and they show as 'in store only' now. Albany and Mt Wellington show stock (the later low) but I'd phone first! They come with pins in size 13mm , 15mm, 16.5mm, 17mm, 18mm but they have other sizes at this link (available on line now) I had to get a 25m one for the Ducati.

https://www.torpedo7.co.nz/products/...lift-stand-pin

Also showing 20% off now (was 30 when I purchased) so $79 for the stand (still a bargain).

Usual caution to be applied on bikes with fairings as some don;t have clearance for a headstock stand.
    I see where your at, but it's cheap,looks cheap and not my bag....having said that I spend most of my time in a 10yr old T, 3/4 lengths and red bands. Something's gotta give

Thread Information