Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Motorcycle industry dream jobs

Bike
    less than I used to have
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Falcon View Post
    and comes with your own selection of 3 bikes to suit varying terrains you're commenting on......riding gear included of course plus SLR camera's for ride reports

...oh, did I not mention the bit about a fulltime paid mechanic and a collection of different machinery and the power to take a licence from anyone you deem unfit to be riding or driving...

Bike
    F800GS
    Funny Tazz.... I've been thinking about a career change too. Not right now though, busy season is looming and I can't run out on my employer just yet.
    I can't decide where to go though, I've narrowed it down to somewhere in the S.I. although ..... there's some pretty good riding up north to fill in w/ends with.

Bike
    Enfield cr250r
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Banditbandit View Post
    I gather the Pizza delivery places (Pizza Hut/ Dominoes ) are always looking for couriers ..

We also had a Dail-a-Tinnie service here for a while - I'm sure there has to be openings for that ... (I understand ours went out of business for legal reasons)
    You want to talk to Samson , he has the best sense around

sent for a divine source
    "Look, Madame, where we live, look how we live ... look at the life we have...The Republic has forgotten us."

Bike
    SWM RS 650R
    Quote Originally Posted by JATZ View Post
    Funny Tazz.... I've been thinking about a career change too. Not right now though, busy season is looming and I can't run out on my employer just yet.
    I can't decide where to go though, I've narrowed it down to somewhere in the S.I. although ..... there's some pretty good riding up north to fill in w/ends with.
    Hearing ya..Did you know, and we may have touched on this at the pub last Monday, but February is the busy time for job applications. After the holidays etc people want a change after some reflection time and the mindfuck of getting back into the working routine. I wouldn't mind trying something out of the motor industry as I have been in it except for 9 months on the dole in the early 90s on the West Coast(good times, good times) for over 30 years.
    I mentioned vegetables once, but I think I got away with it...........

Bike
    2014 Honda VFR1200F
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Banditbandit View Post
    I gather the Pizza delivery places (Pizza Hut/ Dominoes ) are always looking for couriers ..

We also had a Dail-a-Tinnie service here for a while - I'm sure there has to be openings for that ... (I understand ours went out of business for legal reasons)
    Not quite the same. In the 80's & 90's there were a few courier companies around that had owner operator motorcycle couriers. I worked for one for a couple of years. We made pretty good coin riding around on motorcycles getting urgent stuff through the traffic to where it needed to be.
    The company I worked for ( Roadrunner) had 6 or 7 full time riders, Castle Sprint had close to 20. Taxi Trucks had one or two. A few office supply companies & lithograph outfits had them too.
    Sub 60 & Courier Systems (now Post Haste) also had some but changed them to cars/ vans after a fatal accident.
    I worked in Auckland but have met guys who did the same job in London, Amsterdam & a few other places.

Sent from my HUAWEI RIO-L02 using Tapatalk
    bikes and babes are best naked

Quote Originally Posted by oldguy View Post
    MONEYI don't have any
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom View Post
    I found I had a fluffy seam when my crotch got wet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lula View Post
    Pussy forget about him.

Bike
    Enfield cr250r
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    Hearing ya..Did you know, and we may have touched on this at the pub last Monday, but February is the busy time for job applications. After the holidays etc people want a change after some reflection time and the mindfuck of getting back into the working routine. I wouldn't mind trying something out of the motor industry as I have been in it except for 9 months on the dole in the early 90s on the West Coast(good times, good times) for over 30 years.
    On the dole on the west coast sounds alright ,

Church or politics I haven't decided which pays the most

Both require a reasonable level of story stretching and an ability to ignore other people's opinions.

The church does have a uniform, though but the food and wine are a bit sketchy , and ya work sunday's

sent for a divine source
    "Look, Madame, where we live, look how we live ... look at the life we have...The Republic has forgotten us."

Bike
    CT110 Super Cub - postie bike
    This just turned up on my Facebook page thing

Trevor Pierce Yamaha are looking for a junior person to work as part of our Service Department team.

Sadly our current junior has a direction to follow and he will be missed

We are looking for an enthusiastic person, with some general motorcycle repair knowledge: oil changing; tyre changing; with attention to detail and care at all times.

If you think you're that person please email your details/cv to admin@tpyamaha.co.nz
    Grow older but never grow up

Bike
    08R6 Race bike
    You could also consider running a youtube channel?

There's already hundreds of motovloggers, most of them are shit and talk about fuck all, but a portion of them seem to make some pocket money, others, including a few car bloggers have left their job to pursue it full time.

I'd hate to recommend you start yet-another-motovlog but if you can think of a new and cool way to make it interesting then there could be something in it.

The only problem of course is that it can take years to become established enough to make money off it.
    Can I scream?

Bike
    S1000RR
    You should try MotoGP racing. I heard the pay is good.

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    uKTM Tiger 800xc
    Quote Originally Posted by EJK View Post
    yeah the pay might be gid but having to fight off screaming chicks everywhere you go becomes a drag after a while.....that's why I flagged it
    ....wherezz that track go

Bike
    S1000RR
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Falcon View Post
    yeah the pay might be gid but having to fight off screaming chicks everywhere you go becomes a drag after a while.....that's why I flagged it
    Same. I don't like the media and all that hassle. I just wanted to race... Nowadays I just like to go fishing and relax.

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    go fishing and relax.
    your doing it wrong

Bike
    Enfield cr250r
    Blog Entries
    I did but my Enfield didn't have closing foot pegs so failed scrutiny

sent for a divine source

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave- View Post
    You could also consider running a youtube channel?

There's already hundreds of motovloggers, most of them are shit and talk about fuck all, but a portion of them seem to make some pocket money, others, including a few car bloggers have left their job to pursue it full time.

I'd hate to recommend you start yet-another-motovlog but if you can think of a new and cool way to make it interesting then there could be something in it.

The only problem of course is that it can take years to become established enough to make money off it.
    I thought about doing an offroad/adventure riding v-log when I was out everyday after work, even bought a camera for it, but I didn't get as far as editing even just one video
    Did some rookie shit too like trying to record a ride over the Maungatapu at 1am which turned out as 1/2 an hour of blackness with occasional shots of the moon. Riviting stuff.

Not a bad idea though. Have you tried anything like that?

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    your doing it wrong
    Casey doesn't think so.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Thread Information