Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Motorcycle industry dream jobs

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by JATZ View Post
    Funny Tazz.... I've been thinking about a career change too. Not right now though, busy season is looming and I can't run out on my employer just yet.
    I can't decide where to go though, I've narrowed it down to somewhere in the S.I. although ..... there's some pretty good riding up north to fill in w/ends with.
    Get out while you can
    I didn't want to leave before April, but then the good weather has gone so I might as well stay till November, and if I stay till November then I might as well hang about for the summer.....and then we all know it's best to wait till April to leave.... I'm a sucker for falling into those traps haha

We want to stay south too, although I would like to take a look around some of the North Island at some point in my life.

At this stage The Catlins, Stewart Island and Golden Bay are at the top of the 'lets fuck off here' list, so unless the bus or bike sells before the end of the summer we should be rolling around for a while until opportunity comes knocking (or we go knocking for it).

Highly likely to bump into you on the road by the sound of it If you spot the bus flag us down for a coffee mate.

Actually that goes for anyone, we'll have time

Bike
    F800GS
    Here ya go Tazz http://www.gypsyfair.co.nz

Right up your alley.

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Casey doesn't think so.
    Caseye or Cassina or both or neither

Tazz, an interesting problem to have. Just what to do, where to go......

good on ya. Just need another bike on the trailer?

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    Sounds like a bit of me Jatz! Don't fit the look but certainly fit the lifestyle.

Quote Originally Posted by eldog View Post
    good on ya. Just need another bike on the trailer?
    Workin on it! Have already had the missus crossing fords and navigating through herds of angry beef cattle on the WR last year, but ideally we want her to be able to drive the bus confidently first.

That's for her own good of course.

The fact I will be able to sip brandy/coffee/meths (depending on how working goes I guess) and read the paper while she drives me around has nothing to do with it at all

Have had a few job offers locally this week, but nothing overly exciting, so we'll see.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    cook and sell crack .

Bike
    Ktm sd gt
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    cook and sell crack .
    Sshhhh sounds like he already is

Bike
    Enfield cr250r
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by v twin View Post
    Is there a market for that , I know there's a lot in the building trade

sent for a divine source
    "Look, Madame, where we live, look how we live ... look at the life we have...The Republic has forgotten us."

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    cook and sell crack .
    With this hot weather of late I've seen more than enough cooked crack, thank you. Hangi pants should be banned over summer. It's just not nice.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by v twin View Post
    Not even. Would be unbrofessional to use my own supply.

I trade it for acid and unicorn rides.

Bike
    2003 suzuki gsxr1000
    my cv
    1985-1990 worked for bill russell honda doing a spare parts apprenticeship which i gained trade certificate in
    1990-1995 brought and ran a fish n chip shop that 80% of the customers recieved via motorcycle delivery
    1997-2003ish worked as a salesman for paul swift motorcycles
    2007 to current work as a motorcycle contract courier

the couriering job has killed my passion for riding as a hobby,i rarely ride weekends now..but its a job i like.
    An earlier poster mentioned his pay structure when selling for eric woods..mine for paul swift worked out great for me but i didnt start off on this deal...i got commisson only and it was 50% of the net profit on both new and used,comebacks on used bikes i paid half the net cost back,BUT i was allowed to wheel and deal my own bikes on the same basis with the owner.

some jobs on bikes ive seen in auckland are rubbish collectors on bikes,road inspectors on bikes,a medic, and a guy i always thought was a medic but hes a cameraman that gets to breaking news events fast

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by danchop View Post
    my cv
    1985-1990 worked for bill russell honda doing a spare parts apprenticeship which i gained trade certificate in
    1990-1995 brought and ran a fish n chip shop that 80% of the customers recieved via motorcycle delivery
    1997-2003ish worked as a salesman for paul swift motorcycles
    2007 to current work as a motorcycle contract courier

the couriering job has killed my passion for riding as a hobby,i rarely ride weekends now..but its a job i like.
    An earlier poster mentioned his pay structure when selling for eric woods..mine for paul swift worked out great for me but i didnt start off on this deal...i got commisson only and it was 50% of the net profit on both new and used,comebacks on used bikes i paid half the net cost back,BUT i was allowed to wheel and deal my own bikes on the same basis with the owner.

some jobs on bikes ive seen in auckland are rubbish collectors on bikes,road inspectors on bikes,a medic, and a guy i always thought was a medic but hes a cameraman that gets to breaking news events fast
    Get an offroad bike or something different and you might find it coming back. Or not, who knows

I did a little bit of delivery riding last year before jumping up the food chain and did enjoy it, but don't know if I could live anywhere big enough in NZ for it to be needed haha.

2 weeks till unemployment. Woo!

Bike
    06 Cagiva Raptor 650ie
    Actually getting paid to make videos, having a budget for some pro gear, the ability to travel the world and of course pay for my mates to come along too. Currently with my Youtube Channel I make about $160 every 6 months (400 views a day) which is just enough to pay for fuel every now and then. But as it's a community and reciprocal, I enjoy others vids and my way to pay that back is to share what we have in NZ.

Bike
    Suzuki RF600R
    If you're into bikes I highly recommend the motorcycle industry, best thing I've ever done in my working life.
    Very technical but always interesting.

Bike
    So still early days but after a few weeks of no work I got really bored. One application, one interview and boom I'm employed again. What have I done

Ended up in the automotive industry so halfway there. Based in Queenstown so looking forward to all the offroad riding and music on offer. Woo!

Just need to find the missus something to do that pays well and we're sorted for a while.

Cheers for the input and advice. Always interesting how you can get so many opposite answers to the same questions. Shows how different we all are, and thank fark for that otherwise we'd all be doing the same shit.

Bike
    Enfield cr250r
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry74 View Post
    If you're into bikes I highly recommend the motorcycle industry, best thing I've ever done in my working life.
    Very technical but always interesting.
    Tell me that after 35 years

reaches for calculator due to large numbers involved ....

and on saying that , I am looking to retire , and just do part time , something I enjoy doing !

I might just specialize in one thing , maybe electrical work only ... we will see ( read depends on "shewhomustbeobeyed" AND how long the shouting lasts)

Any suggestions !
    "Look, Madame, where we live, look how we live ... look at the life we have...The Republic has forgotten us."

Thread Information