Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Going on a adventure hope you join me

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries

eek Going on a adventure hope you join me

Hi well after all these years i finally got up the nerve to go on a trip away.

Plan on flying on down south Chrischurch first .Bus down to dundein.

Then ride the Honda 250 scotter i brought home to Plamerston north.

I keep you posted on here . leave feb 21st . only for 3 days as that all i can afford

to be away from home . i got load of reasons why i shouldint but crikey i thought .

No am going to do this . so anyone esle give it a go.

Big reason is i want see south island and esp Christchurch miss it so much .

Ps Wheelie Kid if your still on here saw your vfr on a site . if you up for a vistor love to meet you.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Enjoy the trip. You taking tiedowns?

There are a lot of threads on ferry crossings.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post

Yes i guess i am know it was something i was really wondering about .

It did say on the nz rail site it was recommended . my hazy memory from

80,s says that i had a bit trouble bother with ropes last time am hopless.

i remember watching the other motorcyclist to get some idea .

yeah my father was a worfie and was a expert at securing cargo.

Good place to purchase tie downs cheap i guessing bunnings .

Also am wondering side stand centre stand am thinking side stand .

to be honest i was more worried about dmaging someones esles bike with mine.

last bike i rode down there was my second hand 300.00 dolloar gs 460 cc suzuki.

What a great bike with little fixing up i travelled to nelsion then christchurch .

and home with no problems except blown head light just after wellington.

The Forza has cracked fairings taped . from former owner had to oppsie over the years.

I was thinking taking some duct tape i get them plastic welded here . in time.

um only other issue i can think of is the battery that chould be a major.

Its been sitting . i have to allow on very tight budget 300-400 money for a new one. if i have too.

i cant be taking one of those on a plane too dangerous . and righty baned .

petrol wont be a issue as unless service stations in the sticks have disspeared .

My Honda ns 80 lead managed the trip. back in 1990.whats it with scotters and this trip.

I road my Honda cbx 400 and cb 750 honda intergra ( when we moved from chch)

to live in palmerston north 1987 sigh..

was thinking spark plug and a oil change. but i think just the leave it and check the level . carry the spark plug as a spare . i havent the time to dick about .

and taking pannesl of leaves the opunnity for a disaster . and frustraion.

Am staying at yha hostel in chch . to keep cost down 40.00 per night . one night.

then the pan is to do the chc to picton in one go on the day i book the ferry.

or perhaps the day before to be save and not rushing . my anunty uncle live in picton i should vist them. she the only realtive that age left after mum went.

anyways thanks buddy for replying . was real helpfull to remind me.

Bike
    R100GSPD
    be aware that the chch to picton leg is still compromised cos of the earthquake.SH1 its self is open but will be slow.That will be fine for the scooter i guess but be aware for the timing of the ferry trip! 338 k google say s 5 and 1/4 hrs.Bunnings,mitre 10,supercheap all have tie downs.Look at the ferry trip thread for tips on tying down.

Bike
    Blog Entries

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    be aware that the chch to picton leg is still compromised cos of the earthquake.SH1 its self is open but will be slow.That will be fine for the scooter i guess but be aware for the timing of the ferry trip! 338 k google say s 5 and 1/4 hrs.
    Yeah great point dude i think takes me over 6 hrs . think might taken near 7 on the scotter nh 80, flat out all the way 70kmh . athought i had road to myself 1990.

yeah i left 6am that year. from chch i remember i was surprised how little longer it took me on such small machine. it goes to show its the constant speed .not speeding ;-) . or rushing.

I think i set the forza on 90.-100 kph. max 100.00 i read 120 ish is flat out.

No need cane the old girl. esp when i know nothing about her ;-).its are first date.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	686830054.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	158.9 KB 
ID:	334758  

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    be aware that the chch to picton leg is still compromised cos of the earthquake.SH1 its self is open but will be slow.That will be fine for the scooter i guess but be aware for the timing of the ferry trip! 338 k google say s 5 and 1/4 hrs.Bunnings,mitre 10,supercheap all have tie downs.Look at the ferry trip thread for tips on tying down.
    Thanks so much for the very helpfull advice . from memory . i guess with leaving

Avondale /arannui . its 450 km well around that give or take if anyones intrested.

not that its a big deal . i time it from dads house he built i fear is just a empty section know. just for a giggle . bloody house was built like brick shit house.

well concrtete block one . the chch concill made him on a 6ft bloack perarmeter

fence fill the blocks with concrete ;-) then of course the land drops just by the

Front lower storrey wall (tow story) and writes of the house what a waste.

God that house was huge and so warm he had poly hand cut into the walls. and in the slab. heat pump this was in 1986 ;-) . double glazing sure was ahead of the times even solor pannels on the roof.

any ways thanks. are modest house just down the street was fine. and its only house dads and the one next door that was affected . mum thinks maybe as was first section it was compacted down enough.

sat on the back of the avondale golf club 18th hole. with 5 balcony went around 3 sides the top level . what a view . he built on his own with a bit of help from

some carpenters that where know worfies . helping here and there.

All as a self trained man that just loved to build and fix up houses all his life.

Bike
    R1200GS Adventure
    Stop calling it a 'scotter'. It's a scooter...

Bike
    KTM
    so what's the plan? chch to picton on a scotter in one day (assuming no mechanical issues) could be a bit tight?

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Sichoe View Post
    so what's the plan? chch to picton on a scotter in one day (assuming no mechanical issues) could be a bit tight?
    Yep i done on the Nh 80cc so cant see why not yeah i see how it goes i want make the most of the Christchuch exp really so really thats why. but yeah be more enjoyable . i got stop making things tough for myself hehe lifes can be realxing ;-) whats that ;-)

Scotter ,Motorbike Honda forza 250 . Scooter it did look a bit werid the spelling ;-).

Not really anywhere i want stay overnight between Christchurch and picton that whould be cheap enough . anyone have a suggestions. other than taking a tent which i dont have.

i mean kiakoria nice enough but not really my place beach is stones ;-) usually bloody windy and cold in winter . but this is summer but you never know.

I remember a church that used have a smoke outside out the wind .between there.dont smoke anymore but love my food.

Oh any ideas how to hold a iphone onto the bike as be cool to use gps on the move.

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post

why, you pay more per square foot than a car on the ferry, they should provide them, why does everyone bend over and let these cunts fuck you up the arse on this subject?

Bike
    KTM
    they've had tie-downs available on every ferry crossing i've been on

problem is they're fucking soaked in that oily / diesel / salt water mix that slides around the boat, and are all rusted up and knotted and shit

I just take one and ratchet the fuck out of it to pull it into the wheel chock, no problemo

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    why, you pay more per square foot than a car on the ferry, they should provide them, why does everyone bend over and let these cunts fuck you up the arse on this subject?
    Got my little baby mx 5 mazda on cost me about the same as bike mind bloody small car. shit i spept whole way home on that sailing to i never do that.
    problerly will this time to on acount me being so fucking old ;-) god what happened to us. where all whining old men . its only 112.00 .
    i surpose all pissed as we get safted by the govt and acc same things.
    if they ran it be like 500.00 per crossing . and a cold pie .sea gull shit over your bike. as it be on the fucking deck . by the funnels . oh add some nasty smoke.

actually people allways say the food sucks but i rekon its great. esp know.
    I dont even get sea sick only on my uncles sailing boat god that was arwfull.
    not on those ones though. werid when you get of the boat and your still moving though . and no i dont drink so i wasint you know ....

Bike
    Blog Entries

eek

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Sichoe View Post
    they've had tie-downs available on every ferry crossing i've been on

problem is they're fucking soaked in that oily / diesel / salt water mix that slides around the boat, and are all rusted up and knotted and shit

I just take one and ratchet the fuck out of it to pull it into the wheel chock, no problemo
    Thanks man and everone esle. geez i might under estimated fuel cost

Put 10 bucks in the vfr 750 first time in years and it was only 5 ltrs feck me

I know the scoter is probley 10 lrt tank ish but thats 20.00 bucks per tank.

say 3 tanks in the south one to palmerston 140 ks thats bloody 80,00 bucks.

Bike
    KTM
    only a couple of weeks away bro, how is the trip planning going?

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by Racing Dave View Post
    Stop calling it a 'scotter'. It's a scroater...
    fixed.............

Thread Information