Thread: Gsxr 1000 r

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries

Gsxr 1000 r

Review here.

Sounds impressive.

But F-me it look like shit. Sorry Suzuki fans but it reminds me of 1990 something again.

No doubt they will sell bucket loads to the GSXR fans.

Maybe I'm doing in a injustice and should wait until I see it in the flesh.

http://www.cycleworld.com/2017-suzuk...MjA5S0#page-15

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Seen it in the flesh, and even though I'm a dye-in-the-wool GSXR Fanboi I was expecting it to look a little arse after what I'd seen in the pics. I am happy to report that I was wrong.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    Seen it in the flesh, and even though I'm a dye-in-the-wool GSXR Fanboi I was expecting it to look a little arse after what I'd seen in the pics. I am happy to report that I was wrong.
    Happy to be proven wrong, It's a big model for Suzuki who have been in hibernation at this end of the market.

Some bikes do not look good in photos.

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    Happy to be proven wrong, It's a big model for Suzuki who have been in hibernation at this end of the market.

Some bikes do not look good in photos.
    And lets face it, looks are subjective innit? You might still think it's ugly in the flesh. Good review, sounds like Suzuki have finally given the fans what they wanted.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    And lets face it, looks are subjective innit?
    Absolutely. I could list popular bike I'd don't like - then a list I do that others think are shit. Just as well really or we would all be riding clones!

A few years back I was on a forum and a young chap was hating on 'naked' bikes with exposed engines - he had been brought up on fairing covered sports bikes.

Bike
    A slow old Bus.a.
    Blog Entries
    And lets face it, looks are subjective innit? You might still think it's ugly in the flesh. Good review, sounds like Suzuki have finally given the fans what they wanted.
    More power is good. Not sure about the electronics - there are very few bikes that are better with TC and ABS. But, it looks like a traditional GSXR, I like that a lot. I rode the R1 thinking I was going to swap codes, but it left me feeling a bit cold. I think I'm just a GSXR kind of guy.

Panagale? No, can't stand the heat from the rear exhaust. RSV4, maybe. ZX10R? No. Blade? Dull. S1000RR? They're quick, but very German. Like they're at a party. But one where no one is drunk and the music is techno pop.... What else is there?
    It’s diametrically opposed to the sanitised existence of the Lemmings around me in the Dilbert Cartoon hell I live in; it’s life at full volume, perfect colour with high resolution and 10,000 watts of amplification.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by madbikeboy View Post
    More power is good. Not sure about the electronics - there are very few bikes that are better with TC and ABS.
    Really? Hmmm I'd strongly disagree. Modern lectric packages are extremely good.

New Honda out this year too - read a review Friday, added a electronic package, dropped weight.

Bike
    Red-shifted GT250R
    Lotto win and it's mine.

Too bad i dont buy those tax tickets. Oh well. Dreams are free. Come to think of it, so are test rides...

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Looks good I reckon. People are whinging about the pipe, but it isn't like anyone leaves the standard can on a sportsbike these days.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Nice bit of kit. I will wait for them to come up second hand with a nice pipe on.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I thought guys who bought sports bikes put being able to go faster than the last model was far more important than looks as those bikes really do look the same externally from one year to the next mostly.
    Only if you don't know what you're looking at. This bike is very different from the last model...which has looked the same since 2009.

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I thought guys who bought sports bikes put being able to go faster than the last model was far more important than looks as those bikes really do look the same externally from one year to the next mostly.
    Looks still matter of course, but this incarnation marks a huge step forward for Suzuki.

Thread Information