Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Will Standing on Pegs earn me a fine in town?

Bike
    Various things
    Any cunt standing on the pegs of a motorcycle whilst being ridden on asphalt, deserves a fucking ticket. Unless he/she is doing a wheelie. Then it's optional.

Bike
    Suzuki Smash 2016. (Yes, really!)
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    I've seen it done through town. No valid reason really other than trying to look dumb!
    It's a good way to get rid of a fart bubble.
    "Statistics are used as a drunk uses lampposts - for support, not illumination."

Bike
    Suzuki Smash 2016. (Yes, really!)
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    Have a coffee break.

Maybe a piece of lemon cake as well.

Mmmmmm lemon cake.
    Or carrot or hummingbird cake. Yummy!
    "Statistics are used as a drunk uses lampposts - for support, not illumination."

Bike
    uKTM Tiger 800xc
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffyd View Post
    Or carrot or hummingbird cake. Yummy!
    custard squares are da bomb.....fresh ones though, not the ones they sell at Indian bakeries.....Indians cant make custard squares DAMHIK
    ....wherezz that track go

Bike
    86.249 93.398 00.944
    Given that off road bikes are ridden standing when off road, and therefore designed accordingly to make it possible, I can't see why it would be an issue legally.

I quite often stood on the pegs when slowed to 50 passing through towns on the DRZ400, sometimes it's necessary to wiggle things a bit to get some circulation back after sitting on a plank for a while.
    Riding cheap crappy old bikes badly since 1987

Tagorama maps: Transalpers map first 100 tags..................Map of tags 101-200......................Latest map, tag # 201-->

Bike
    It was on the good
    This thread now has me concerned about the legality of taking a hand off the handle bar to rest my arm on the tank.

Or wave.

Bike
    BMWG450X
    Hey Berries,

I hears ya. Lets face we have all done, I see people doing it, and I will continue to do it. I was really asking if anyone has been pinged for it. When I stand up in town, I feel nervous and am scanning for Police as I am unsure of what would happen in a test case, this could be seen as distracting... I would prefer not to be said test case.....

If nobody on here has ever been ticketed or had a court date for such then I would be much less distracted knowing that "in general" so long as im not being stupid in other ways, so long as I dont fail an "attitude test" etc etc then it "should" be OK..... Thats more why I was asking....

And far as I can tell from the replies here, everyone either, does it, knows someone who does it, or has seen people that do it. Based on replies of no issues and the amount of people doing it, I am leaning towards it being a generally accepted gray area....

Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post
    This thread now has me concerned about the legality of taking a hand off the handle bar to rest my arm on the tank.

Or wave.

Bike
    Red-shifted GT250R
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperRetard View Post
    I hears ya. Lets face we have all done, I see people doing it, and I will continue to do it. I was really asking if anyone has been pinged for it. When I stand up in town, I feel nervous and am scanning for Police as I am unsure of what would happen in a test case, this could be seen as distracting... I would prefer not to be said test case.....

If nobody on here has ever been ticketed or had a court date for such then I would be much less distracted knowing that "in general" so long as im not being stupid in other ways, so long as I dont fail an "attitude test" etc etc then it "should" be OK..... Thats more why I was asking....

And far as I can tell from the replies here, everyone either, does it, knows someone who does it, or has seen people that do it. Based on replies of no issues and the amount of people doing it, I am leaning towards it being a generally accepted gray area....
    Sorry, are we still talking about standing, or have we moved on to waving/other hand activities? Possibly in public??

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    I've been known to do the "Hand Jive" while the cruise control is activated.............

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Falcon View Post
    custard squares are da bomb.....fresh ones though, not the ones they sell at Indian bakeries.....Indians cant make custard squares DAMHIK
    Correct! Get thee to Pleasant Point!
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/timaru-herald...ner-downs-five
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    uKTM Tiger 800xc
    Quote Originally Posted by Laava View Post
    5 yikes!! I know I could do 2....2.5 maybe but 5!......problee rides a Beama
    ....wherezz that track go

Bike
    2000 kawasaki zzr1100, 88 1500 goldwing
    Quote Originally Posted by Laava View Post
    used to be a good ride back in te day when i lived in Morven, hook out through ikawai and up past the dams to omarama then on round through mackenzie and down to pleasent point for a custard square or two

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by russd7 View Post
    used to be a good ride back in te day when i lived in Morven, hook out through ikawai and up past the dams to omarama then on round through mackenzie and down to pleasent point for a custard square or two
    Going there myself again in a couple of weeks...
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    Mine
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    Funny that the Five-Oh trains their cops to ride while standing.
    When I did my rider training back in the '80s they had us not only standing on the pegs but changing to kneeling on the seat, to side saddle and back again.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin (1706-90)

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending to much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"Motorcycling is not inherently dangerous. It is, however, EXTREMELY unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence and stupidity!" - Anonymous

"Live to Ride, Ride to Live"

Bike
    Honda
    Side saddle and kneeling on the seat? can you still do that now? and what do you think was significance of a trainer asking you to perform those tasks?
    Perhaps he was possibly either getting you ready for Whirling brothers or having a laugh.
    '' i'd let you touch me.''

Sorry fulla but I am spoken for.

Thread Information