Thread: Fairing Replacements

Bike
    97 Pushbike :P

Fairing Replacements

Hi Guys - I am looking to replace my current fairings for my RVF400 (94) and wanted to ask if anyone here has any recent experience importing them and from which supplier? I've been looking at a local supplier but no luck, or does anybody have a good condition full fairing or 2nd hand OEM they wanna sell?... I've searched through the channel and found some threads from 2011/2014 and 2015, hoping that someone has any recent experience to share.

Cheers

F

Bike
    GSXR1000

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    Ooooh i would, a little pricey for me but I heard the quality has improved... have you any experience ordering from Tyga and how the fitting is?

I understand they all use compression mould for older bikes.

Bike
    Street Triple R
    road bike or race bike?
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    You might talk to these guys. All I know about them is that they exist - no experience beyond that. Got a website http://justfairings.co.nz/
    . “No pleasure is worth giving up for two more years in a rest home.” Kingsley Amis

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    road bike or race bike?
    HI it's a road bike, the fairing has its fair share of stone chips, do you have any recommends for suppliers?

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by slofox View Post
    You might talk to these guys. All I know about them is that they exist - no experience beyond that. Got a website http://justfairings.co.nz/
    Thanks bud! I've had a look on their site and no listing for RVF400, I'll give them a buzz though and see what options they can offer.

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by slofox View Post
    I got a tail fairing from them a while back and it was almost ready to paint. No issues with quality.
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by mossy1200 View Post
    I got a tail fairing from them a while back and it was almost ready to paint. No issues with quality.
    Nice! Was it for an RVF400 too? ... I've seen the RR decals for sale on Ebay which could be an option if I end up purchasing unpainted fairings.

Bike
    08, r6
    http://shop.auctmarts.com/

I buy mine from there, best price and free shipping. They also can do any type of paint job on the fairings. I just used paint and coloured in my bike and sent them the picture. The got it spot on. I must admit some of the holes didnt line up 100%

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by WingsGB View Post
    http://shop.auctmarts.com/

I buy mine from there, best price and free shipping. They also can do any type of paint job on the fairings. I just used paint and coloured in my bike and sent them the picture. The got it spot on. I must admit some of the holes didnt line up 100%
    Hey Bro thanks for the link, much appreciated! I had a look and they don't have a listing for the RVF400 but they do have some for VFR400s, I'll send them an email and see if they might have some lying around or can manufacture.

I understand some holes don't line up accurately, was it difficult adjusting and fitting?... from what I've read online, most suppliers use compression moulding esp for older bikes as oppose to injection mould which is what they use for newer bikes for fairing replacement.

Cheers

Thread Information