Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: BOTS Paeroa 2017

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi-on-wheels View Post

First paeroa, keeeeen
    awww shucks. we'll be gentle i promise.

back straights for the f1s, chicane for the motards, start line for the classics (full noise 2ts= win) anywhere for post classics, f1 chairs, f2 (less interesting IMO) and a bendy bit for the classic chairs. and end of the front straight for the king of paeroa.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    and countdown is right in the middle so make sure you have someone who looks sober enough to keep the chilly bin topped up.[/LIST]

Bike
    A slow old Bus.a.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    and countdown is right in the middle so make sure you have someone who looks sober enough to keep the chilly bin topped up.[/LIST]
    Are you going to be there? It'd be fun to catch up.
    It’s diametrically opposed to the sanitised existence of the Lemmings around me in the Dilbert Cartoon hell I live in; it’s life at full volume, perfect colour with high resolution and 10,000 watts of amplification.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    yip, maybe, but travel on xmas day, sell boxing day, what are the penal rates alone for that, especially when everyone is over xmas. paeroa would be way more lucrative than wanganui, and a huge range of dealers within a couple of hours too.
    True but if trucking companies and coffee shops/service stations work on those days too and afford it...... I'm only just getting used to NOT working stat days anymore at my new job and having two real half hour breaks while only working 8 hrs a day.....
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    True but if trucking companies and coffee shops/service stations work on those days too and afford it...... I'm only just getting used to NOT working stat days anymore at my new job and having two real half hour breaks while only working 8 hrs a day.....
    how many trucks do you see xmas day and boxing day, fuck you can't even buy kfc on xmas day, nor fuck all else, i think ya dreaming a bit here, or a lot.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    how many trucks do you see xmas day and boxing day, fuck you can't even buy kfc on xmas day, nor fuck all else, i think ya dreaming a bit here, or a lot.
    Move to south Aucks, KFC is Xmas lunch.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by 5ive View Post
    Yep, seems like a wasted opportunity when you have access to a large amount of motorcyclists at a motorcycle specific event, who would no doubt be interested in motorcycle products (or anything else automotive).

Rod Millen hosted his annual Leadfoot festival over the other side of the hills from Paeroa in Hahei a couple of weeks ago, and had plenty businesses on site with a lot of stuff to look at, or sell/order to the public who came from near and far in cars or on motorbikes.

Lots of $ to be made if you're a business who wants want to turn up and sell stuff.
    We had an ACC event in Auckland a couple of weeks back. Tons of riders, but only 2 retailers. One retailer was to busy trying to sell electric kids scooters to talk to customers. And only bikes for sale. If they had taken some racks of clothing and had saom real specials, they would have been making money. Motorcycle retail in NZ is in the dark ages.

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    Move to south Aucks, KFC is Xmas lunch.
    yeah and it's a toss up when you see a marquee going upat someones house as to whether it's a wedding or a crime scene, 50/50 chance...

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    yeah and it's a toss up when you see a marquee going upat someones house as to whether it's a wedding or a crime scene, 50/50 chance...
    Easy to tell. Wedding the Cops are running in, murder they are standing outside with rifles.

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    Well that was a brilliant days racing and a bloody enjoyable day out thank you Mr Ride Leader. We got it all, fog,cloud, drizzle, thunderstorm deluge, you name it we rode through it.
    then as if by magic as we approached the Paeroa turn off, the roads were dry and when we got into Paeroa, the track was in use by RACE BIKES, had a ball, tootled around the back ( river side) of the course on steep slooped grass until we crested a brow and found ourselves on a footpath overlooking some of the pits and some interesting parts of the track.,.
    Packed our gear onboard the bikes and buggered off, those side car guys are crazy, No I mean CRAZY, they raced well and provided some very intense racing.
    Them thar Motard thingamujigs are an amzing piece of engineering, I didn't know you could ride a motorcycle backwards into a corner then do a complete 180 degree turn and barrel straight out as the straight appeared, butt ya know's wot, ya can I've seen it!
    The RSA provided a brilliant pork roll and chips lunch for a very good and affordable $8.00 and being able to sit in their blissfully cool place and watch some very fast cornering by those Very fast Big Bikes was tremendous.lt has
    Taken me 15 years to get to Pareoa street races, going again next year, thats for certain.
    Only draw back, I could not buy a Track Shirt, nor could any of the people I know or travelled down with, reason"The track sellers only took sizes S to 2XL, nothing bigger, damn and bugger it!
    Ya can online though, so, am doing that next, great day, awesome racing, fantastic weather (Ha, serves you right if you whimped out and stayed home) bloody funny ride home, got overtaken by some Rossi's and a car driving one in a Mercedes AMG 533 SUV who was trying to race an old BMWér.
    Tradtitional stop at the Muddy for a whistle whetter and then home.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    W650 sidecar & HD Fat Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by caseye View Post
    Well that was a brilliant days racing and a bloody enjoyable day out thank you Mr Ride Leader. We got it all, fog,cloud, drizzle, thunderstorm deluge, you name it we rode through it.
    then as if by magic as we approached the Paeroa turn off, the roads were dry and when we got into Paeroa, the track was in use by RACE BIKES, had a ball, tootled around the back ( river side) of the course on steep slooped grass until we crested a brow and found ourselves on a footpath overlooking some of the pits and some interesting parts of the track.,.
    Packed our gear onboard the bikes and buggered off, those side car guys are crazy, No I mean CRAZY, they raced well and provided some very intense racing.
    Them thar Motard thingamujigs are an amzing piece of engineering, I didn't know you could ride a motorcycle backwards into a corner then do a complete 180 degree turn and barrel straight out as the straight appeared, butt ya know's wot, ya can I've seen it!
    The RSA provided a brilliant pork roll and chips lunch for a very good and affordable $8.00 and being able to sit in their blissfully cool place and watch some very fast cornering by those Very fast Big Bikes was tremendous.lt has
    Taken me 15 years to get to Pareoa street races, going again next year, thats for certain.
    Only draw back, I could not buy a Track Shirt, nor could any of the people I know or travelled down with, reason"The track sellers only took sizes S to 2XL, nothing bigger, damn and bugger it!
    Ya can online though, so, am doing that next, great day, awesome racing, fantastic weather (Ha, serves you right if you whimped out and stayed home) bloody funny ride home, got overtaken by some Rossi's and a car driving one in a Mercedes AMG 533 SUV who was trying to race an old BMWér.
    Tradtitional stop at the Muddy for a whistle whetter and then home.

Awesome post,

I managed to watch a bit of the days racing through the live coverage available on Face book, sadly I missed the Classic Sidecars but managed to see the last race with the Moderns. Hoody had a big smile when we met at the servo as he left for Paeroa and appeared to be very pleased with how his Norton (#850) had been running.

Bike
    a red heap
    Quote Originally Posted by old slider View Post
    Awesome post,

I managed to watch a bit of the days racing through the live coverage available on Face book, sadly I missed the Classic Sidecars but managed to see the last race with the Moderns. Hoody had a big smile when we met at the servo as he left for Paeroa and appeared to be very pleased with how his Norton (#850) had been running.
    He probably isnt smiling today.

Bike
    2014 R1200 GS, 2007 DR 650
    Quote Originally Posted by caseye View Post
    We got it all, fog,cloud, drizzle, thunderstorm deluge, you name it we rode through it.
    The biker turnout was the lowest I have ever seen at Paeroa. Only about a dozen bikes at the rugby club when we arrived.
    On the ride there, we saw bikers turning back frequently, as the rain took hold.
    However as the man said, dry day at Paeroa and eventually hot and sunny, with some great racing, especially in F2. Some spectacular offs but best of all, so far as I know, everyone got up and walked away.
    I may not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I always was.

Bike
    W650 sidecar & HD Fat Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by nodrog View Post
    He probably isnt smiling today.

Hopefully nothing to serious, Motor number 2 ??

Bike
    bandit
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
    many fans had paid their entry fee
    Who in the right minds pre-pays to go to a motorcycle race meeting? I mean .. come on .. there's always a chance it will rain . any day any timer

Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    and if you see a phat sweet magna about to overtake you, giz a friendly toot
    No chance bro ...

Anyway - 'twas a great day out
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Thread Information