Thread: Are these mufflers available in NZ?

Bike
    1972 Yamaha XS2 650

Are these mufflers available in NZ?

I'm looking for a pair of mufflers like these: https://www.mikesxs.net/yamaha-xs650...ando-type.html to save on shipping I'd like them to be in NZ, any ideas? If I get them with a pair of headpipes they add $US200 to the price tag (about $270 kiwi).

Bike
    Tiger 1050/ Racing Sidecar/KX450F
    No Bull Sheds F1 Sidecar Team - Proudly supported by:

No Bull Sheds - Putoline Oils - Shoei Helmets - Raecin Motorsport - Mad Graphics

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    You can get something that looks very similar. EMGO brand if I remember.

The longer ones (26-27 inch) come in two styles - both are call Dunstal mufflers (due to design and end holes). One set has fixed internal muffling and is fairly quiet - call them touring volume. The other has a wider outlet as you can unbolt the core for repacking or playing with. These are deep and slightly rowdy. I ran both on a 750 twin Kawasaki some years back - went with the removable core ones as I could much around with the core and packing to get the volume I desired.

And if going for the removable core ones the packing they come with is shit and blows away in 50 kms - buy some decent 4-stroke packing and put the good stuff in from the start.

Couple TM links:

Fixed core http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/moto...1262503012.htm

Removable http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/moto...1263284046.htm

Your favorite bike shop can order them as well (possibly cheaper if you have a relationship).

There is also a shorty version with removable core - 17 inch. Look very cool, but beware they are LOUD. See them on XS's before. Nice.

All are chrome and for the $ surprisingly well made. I was quietly impressed at the quality/value and the chrome was still mint after several years use.

Hope this helps.

Bike
    Yo momma
    Are you sure you will actually save money if you can in fact get them in NZ?

Bike
    2002 Ducati ST4S
    The guy I bought my Ducati off last year makes these, except they are brushed stainless and probably more like $1000 for a pair.

Bike
    1972 Yamaha XS2 650
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    Are you sure you will actually save money if you can in fact get them in NZ?
    Yeah there's not much in it, the local ones are about the same price when you do the conversion.
    I have a month or so before I'm ready to get it tested so I can wait and see what pops up on Trademe.

Bike
    1972 Yamaha XS2 650
    Took the plunge and shelled out the $1000 for new head pipes (the expensive ones) and commando mufflers... I listed my old setup on Trademe and someone has already bid $150 so that's almost the exchange rate taken care of :-)
    http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...?id=1263350734

Bike
    So old you won't care
    They look as much like commando mufflers and I look like Brad Pitt

Thread Information