Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Good waterproof gloves?

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    Although I use Rain Offs for long hauls in bad weather, I bought these 3 season Dainese waterproof gloves a few months ago: https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...y-short-gloves . I wanted a relatively lightweight waterproof armoured glove and so far this winter, they haven't disappointed. Totally waterproof, a great fit and warm enough. I bought the short cuff version to wear under my jacket. Good price at USD 99. I've had Gerbing G3 heated gloves for 3 years for those really cold Waikato winter mornings so I'm pretty sorted for gloves now
    Wondered about heated gloves. If they are waterproof and do they interlink with heated liner/jacket etc

Next year looking at new waterproof gloves.

First thinking about under jacket heated liner and how much power they use and if I can connect the gloves if o need to. No heated grips on current bike. And I want to keep the grip diameter to 22= 7/8" if I can.
    The bigger grips not so suitable

Will use the search function when I get some free time

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by eldog View Post
    Wondered about heated gloves. If they are waterproof and do they interlink with heated liner/jacket etc
    My heated gloves are water resistant, not waterproof but if I needed to, I could put Rain-Offs over the top. My Gerbings will integrate with a heated vest through the controller but I've never needed a vest. The gloves are powered through the bike battery but you can also get ones with an integrated battery pack. Depends on your personal usage time and convenience. The wiring harness goes between my jacket liner and the outer shell with the controller clipped on my belt. You can see my setup here: http://geoffjames.blogspot.com/2016/...pdate-and.html . I have some unlined Spidi gloves for the summer, the waterproof Dainese 3 seasons gloves I mentioned in the previous post, the Gerbings for really cold mornings and the Rain-Offs for prolonged wet riding. Reckon I've just about got the right combination at last

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    My heated gloves are water resistant, not waterproof but if I needed to, I could put Rain-Offs over the top. My Gerbings will integrate with a heated vest through the controller but I've never needed a vest. The gloves are powered through the bike battery but you can also get ones with an integrated battery pack. Depends on your personal usage time and convenience. The wiring harness goes between my jacket liner and the outer shell with the controller clipped on my belt. You can see my setup here: http://geoffjames.blogspot.com/2016/...pdate-and.html . I have some unlined Spidi gloves for the summer, the waterproof Dainese 3 seasons gloves I mentioned in the previous post, the Gerbings for really cold mornings and the Rain-Offs for prolonged wet riding. Reckon I've just about got the right combination at last
    Thanks for a comprehensive write up.
    Sounds like you have it all sorted.

Further research required.

Reliability is a must.

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Although I use Rain Offs for long hauls in bad weather, I bought these 3 season Dainese waterproof gloves a few months ago: https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...y-short-gloves . I wanted a relatively lightweight waterproof armoured glove and so far this winter, they haven't disappointed. Totally waterproof, a great fit and warm enough. I bought the short cuff version to wear under my jacket. Good price at USD 99. I've had Gerbing G3 heated gloves for 3 years for those really cold Waikato winter mornings so I'm pretty sorted for gloves now
    Thanks for the write-up. My Astars 365 gloves really have reached the end of the line but are proving difficult to replace. I bought a pair of Held Race-Tex gloves a couple of years ago, which are incredibly comfortable but not quite warm enough.

I also have a pair of Revit Alaska GTX gloves, but they can be too warm and the RH glove bunches up along the base of my fingers. The slider on the same glove can also start to dig into my palm after a couple of hours.

So pretty much a fail except when it's really cold, then you don't care about a little discomfort!

Bike
    2018,Kawasaki’s ZX-6R
    Rain-offs, wear them with summer or winter gloves. Totally waterproof.

Bike
    16' xtz125e super-adventure, Ninja 650
    Blog Entries
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	41CwF2qOZqL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	17.2 KB 
ID:	339911

Bike
    DKW
    I have had a good run of spidi h2out, only problem is sliding my hands into them when its wet.

Thread Information